Wire wolf - something was changed with spawning?

Matt115

Well i decided to play with my friend yestarday. Everything was pretty normal but we were attacked by dire wolf. So my question is : was something changed with animal spawning? because i see a lot of rabbits, chickens ( this is good ) but dire wolf at 1 day is quiet too much op.  (screens with prove) And this is bug or change in gameplay?

20220201183027_1.thumb.jpg.dcfc65e79b64a9e2860a2ea86f687281.jpg

20220201183023_1.thumb.jpg.47cb2c5613a8e11b4b2b6058979e7926.jpg

3 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Perfectly normal, they spawn in the night in every stage of the game. A bit rough for newbies, but at least it makes the nights scary.

Well i'm quiet sure that number of them were smaller- sometimes i coudn't find any of them for 30- 40 days

Alpha 20 can be quite brutal.

My first night I had the visit of a DireWolf that broken my door, followed by a feral Fat Tourist, a spider and lot of zombies. I only survived because they broke the path up to the roof, so I had to deal only with the feral and the spider. And wasn't particularly easy even like that! Fun times, fun times!

Definitely not abnormal.  I've had games where I've killed 2 dire wolves and 3-4 bears by day 3.  Granted, whenever I see them if there's a building near by I stair-step up the side and fill them with arrows.  I need the meat, I'm quite a hungry survivor (I mine a lot...)

Free meat :) I use a trapdoor on the inside of door to my base. Both are closed at night to give me time to either fight or flee. Fight, it’s open door beat/stab/club wolf, close door repair hatch and door, rinse and repeat till one of you is dead.

I found a dire wolf on like day 3 inside one of those farm stands, that will raise your blood pressure hoo boy.   Oh good a farm stand I need the food ...Gaa!!!

I did end up killing him, slammed the door shut, threw up ladders and got on the roof.  There was a hole there so killed him with a gazillion arrows and my level one bow.   But the fresh meat, yum yum yum 🙂

Edited by ChickenWings (see edit history)