The lootable quests

Sjustus548

I kind of miss the lootable quests we would get every now and then.  Was kind of nice to get a quest to go out and kill so many male zombies or female zombies.  Some of them, like the kill X chicken with a nail gun, were a fun challenge to try every now and then.  I hope they are planning on putting them back in eventually.  Does anyone else miss these or were you not a big fan of them in the past alpha builds?

I have no idea why they got rid of them in the first place. To me it does not make sense to delete content from a game that lacks missions and a variety of quests so badly. If anything I would have added even more different quests, much harder and more difficult ones (with better rewards eventually). Does not even sound too time-consuming to me to make quests like "activate this exclamation mark inside the military camp, fight against 50 soldier Zs and don't leave the quest radius". Or "clear this POI withing 5 minutes". Or whatever. There are like endless easy to implement quests I could think of.

I hope they come back!

Yep, that will have to be something I look into. Definitely the "Blitz Defense" challenge (football players) isn't going to work. Easy enough to replace missing zombies with other ones I guess. Or just remove the affected quests. Maybe I'll rename it to "Biker Brawl" and substitute a few bikers.

The A19 side quests are available within the "Joke Mod" (and maybe other mods) via a bulletin board feature located in the trader (Tristram's ReQuests?).

The bulletin board mod has been around for a bit and I was interested in looking at the bulletin board scheme for adding in home made quests.  (There is a quest generator somewhere as well), but not being a modder, not sure I wanted to start from scratch and go down that path.

Edited by 8_Hussars (see edit history)

I liked the idea of lootable quest, but they gave so little exp and rewards that they were hardly ever worth going out of the way for and doing.

I like the principle of it. but it was never worth the energy, time or resources to do so and felt like a hassle more than anything. I am glad they are gone, I would be okay if they brought them back with more substance to them though

1 hour ago, 8_Hussars said:

The A19 side quests are available within the "Joke Mod" (and maybe other mods) via a bulletin board feature located in the trader (Tristram's ReQuests?).

The bulletin board mod has been around for a bit and I was interested in looking at the bulletin board scheme for adding in home made quests.  (There is a quest generator somewhere as well), but not being a modder, not sure I wanted to start from scratch and go down that path.

I am going to look at that mod myself.  I changed the books from loot/trader items to challenges for the player to complete and gain the book as a reward.  One issue I have with it today is implementing the quests in an easy way (19 book series with 7 quests per - for now I have a master quest setup for each book series and the player has to punch grass to kick off the 7 subquests - one for each book).  This mod might have an easier way to kick off the quests.

1 hour ago, POCKET951 said:

I liked the idea of lootable quest, but they gave so little exp and rewards that they were hardly ever worth going out of the way for and doing.

I like the principle of it. but it was never worth the energy, time or resources to do so and felt like a hassle more than anything. I am glad they are gone, I would be okay if they brought them back with more substance to them though

I typically only did them if I passed the location while doing a trader quest or coming back from looting POIs / visiting traders.