When you can't get that last Z in a clear

Pernicious

Some people approach their problems systematically, logically, rationally. I've never claimed I was one of those.

So after a little over 30 minutes of trying to find enough to trigger the yellow dots to help me find the rest, I did was any other logical person would do. "killall".

When that didn't work, well, unusual problems need innovative solutions. Or a bigger hammer. Guess which one I went for?

If you guessed, "100 sticks of dynamite", you were probably correct:

image.thumb.png.b3c51fc665e7a6ba9f192d380084f71d.png

Note top right hand corner and compass. Still no yellow dots.

Anyone watched this movie?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Mouse_hunt_ver4.jpg

(Spoiler alert - They destroy the house trying to get the mouse).

Then I remembered I never cleared the sewers under it... Ah well.

1 hour ago, Pernicious said:

If you guessed, "100 sticks of dynamite", you were probably correct:

That looks pretty satisfying. I do hope you knew in advance that it wouldn't work, thou ..

You need to 1) spawn them in and 2) kill em.

The sewers wouldn't matter, 1) can only me accomplished by triggering the sleeper volumes. If you missed one and then destroyed the building around it, you can't really trigger it. Poling up to it might trigger it, but I don't know if the volume still exists after the room doesn't.

It is "clear", for sure, but maybe the idea was to take it over, so it might not be that wrong to say you didn't exactly complete the task.. :)

I've seen issues where even the yellow dot would appear but nothing spawns when approaching the yellow dot. I tried "100 sticks of dynamite" too - the yellow dot was just floating in mid-air...

This was before A20 went stable so I'm hoping, whatever the issue was, it was fixed.

16 minutes ago, theFlu said:

if the volume still exists after the room doesn't

If it doesn't then its zeds should be removed from the quest objective. I would argue that the POI is clear...

I have a tiny modlet on Nexus which removes the yellow and red dots from the compass. Seems crazy, but apparently at least one guy uses it because he pinged me this week to test it with A20 (which I did). I can't imagine the frustration of having one more Z in Dishong but having absolutely zero idea where it's at even if you walk right past its hidey-hole.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:00 AM, BarryTGash said:

I've seen issues where even the yellow dot would appear but nothing spawns when approaching the yellow dot. I tried "100 sticks of dynamite" too - the yellow dot was just floating in mid-air...

We had that all the time in A19, but it was because we were using the robots from Creature Pack and the tiny little hornet bots would replace vultures and then fly waaaaaaay the f*** away from the POI. We could see the marker floating there, but nothing to kill. We'd just stake out positions on the roof and wait for the little @%$# to come bleep-blooping in range and hope we got a good shot on it before it flew away again. I ended up modifying the hornets to be 6x larger so we could at least see them flying over yonder. Maybe take a sniper shot at them.