A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

58 minutes ago, drkstardragon said:

npc mod is not likely to see any more additions this alpha, more animal pets will be added in a21 as there seems to be a shortage of those types of companions in a20 ie. will revisit the dogs pack that was in a19 but missing from this version

I was more wondering if it was possible to edit the entry for the freindly npc fox to use the wolf model instead and adjust the stats accordingly?

44 minutes ago, Lasher said:

I was more wondering if it was possible to edit the entry for the freindly npc fox to use the wolf model instead and adjust the stats accordingly?

cant just swap a vanilla model in for a custom entity, little more going on under the hood

xyth may correct me on this but thats my experience from adding entities for a few years now

47 minutes ago, drkstardragon said:

cant just swap a vanilla model in for a custom entity, little more going on under the hood

xyth may correct me on this but thats my experience from adding entities for a few years now

1 hour ago, Lasher said:

Darkstardragon is very correct there. There are multiple factors to consider as Fox uses Mesh and Wolf uses Prefab for the model, differing Physics, and a variety of other differing features. Here is a very rudimentary attempt that you can play around with. Two varieties can spawn; a regular Wolf and a 'Littlest Hobo' wolf which is a scaled down type.

There will most certainly be oddities to contend with and the Wolf models may stretch, distort, and do odd things in other ways if it is called to do things that the NPCMod is hooked up for but the wolf is not. A custom wolf built specifically for the NPCMod is certainly the way to go for the long term but see what you can get out of this.

Download:

https://github.com/arramus/A20-NPCMod/raw/main/2-SummonWolfFriend.zip

Ah - I begin to understand now - thank you.

I was unaware of the mesh/prefab issue but that makes complete sense.

Thank you for the Wolf version hack - it'll be fun to try it out but I underrstand it may go a bit "off piste"!

Much appreciated.

55 minutes ago, hehepexe said:

So, I'm facing an issue when starting a new game.

It first gives me this warnings and then procede to this error.

These are my current mods, the rest of them here

I know there are a lot of variables, but it started as soon as I added NPCcore (latest version) and some modlets for it.

A helpful thing to do is start with only the 0-Score, 0-XNPCCore, and the 1- Addons that you have. Check that adding only those is not causing issue.

Then add in more mods to see which combination is causing the error.

Your War3zuk-FarmLife-v3-Enhanced-master mod will not load because the actual mod folder is inside it (War3zuk FarmLife v3 Enhanced). And if it's being used only on a Vanilla set up you will also need the War3zuk FarmLife v3 Enhanced VP to be added as a separate mod. Take them out of the -master folder.

Good luck with troubleshooting.

13 minutes ago, arramus said:

A helpful thing to do is start with only the 0-Score, 0-XNPCCore, and the 1- Addons that you have. Check that adding only those is not causing issue.

Then add in more mods to see which combination is causing the error.

Your War3zuk-FarmLife-v3-Enhanced-master mod will not load because the actual mod folder is inside it (War3zuk FarmLife v3 Enhanced). And if it's being used only on a Vanilla set up you will also need the War3zuk FarmLife v3 Enhanced VP to be added as a separate mod. Take them out of the -master folder.

Good luck with troubleshooting.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to troubleshoot and report what was the cause in order to help with any possible compatibility issue.

Also, thanks about the heads up on farmlife, I didn't even noticed e.e

Thanks for this great mod! I have a question. I am trying to use another mod that doubles the amount of zombies, but it is also doubling the amount of NPC's in my game and turning it into Grand Theft 7 Days. Is there a line in one of the config files where I can adjust the chance of an NPC replacing a zombie and lower the value? (I'm assuming that's how it works?) 

1 hour ago, virtualhex said:

Thanks for this great mod! I have a question. I am trying to use another mod that doubles the amount of zombies, but it is also doubling the amount of NPC's in my game and turning it into Grand Theft 7 Days. Is there a line in one of the config files where I can adjust the chance of an NPC replacing a zombie and lower the value? (I'm assuming that's how it works?) 

The double zombies mods typically increase the overall zombie count potential for most, if not all, spawning groups. Since the NPCs are also governed by those, that is what you are seeing.

To compensate for the doubling of zombies, it may be best to simply halve the probability of an NPC spawning. It may not be exactly proportional as it doesn't always quite work that way, but you should see a nice reduction in NPCs among the increased number of zombies.

For each of your Add On Mods, visit the entitygroups.xml and halve every probability value.

If it says (as an example):

<entity name="animalWildTurnip" prob="0.1"/>

this can change to:

<entity name="animalWildTurnip" prob="0.05"/>

A small experimental Mini bike as an extension to the 1-NPCXSpiderPack for anyone who wants to try it out.

It is hooked up to Skill 3 Grease Monkey with schematics, loot, and trader chance.
It is a little faster than usual with a larger fuel tank and a bit hoppier. It also stuns hostiles who come into close proximity.

It suppresses rather than damages. Hopping at a vulture in pursuit can stun it for a few seconds to give you some peace.

2-NPCXSpiderPack-SpiderRider

https://github.com/arramus/A20-NPCMod/blob/main/2-NPCXSpiderPack-SpiderRider.zip

On 7/8/2022 at 3:01 AM, arramus said:

A small experimental Mini bike as an extension to the 1-NPCXSpiderPack for anyone who wants to try it out.

It would be perfect if you could add the spider animations to it.

How did you animate the horses and flying 4x4 errr pegasi at NMM ? Maybe the same way for these minibike.

3 hours ago, Canute said:

It would be perfect if you could add the spider animations to it.

How did you animate the horses and flying 4x4 errr pegasi at NMM ? Maybe the same way for these minibike.

The horse is from Zilox and uses a buff to trigger the run animation.

The Pegasus in its idle state continually beats its wings that way and didn't require any additions on top.

The spider is as it is for that state and is just a cosmetic attachment. As it's a paid model built into 1-Spiders, the 2- version simply links to the mesh asset and takes it no further. Just sitting on the spiders back as it runs would be a very nice touch to it.

Is XNPCCore required for Bird and Spider Pack?

After installing this mod in modded with Undead Legacy game, traders are no longer work. How can I fix it? I'm not going to add speakable NPC's mods, can I just remove this feature from NPC Core? Where's located the files I need to delete (some dialog/interface/traders-related things)?

And is there in-topic search? I can't find it.

Edited by Титан (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Титан said:

After installing this mod in modded with Undead Legacy game, traders are no longer work. How can I fix it? I'm not going to add speakable NPC's mods, can I just remove this feature from NPC Core? Where's located the files I need to delete (some dialog/interface/traders-related things)?

Yes you need it to get the birds and spiders to work.

Ok, I removed anything containing "UI", "dialog" and "trader" words and it now works fine. The only problem, Bakers and Nurses  are spawns in the air and just don't work. Can I disable them spawning?

Post Scriptum. Well, I just again Ctrl+F anything containing Bakers and Nurses and it seems to work

Edited by Титан (see edit history)

On 7/13/2022 at 10:27 AM, Титан said:

Darkness Falls and Undead Legacy are not compatible with npc mod. We do not offer support for adding npc mod to those overhauls.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm using a few mod packs such as vault dwellers and it all appears to be working really nicely.

The only slight issue that I've run into is that occasionally (and I have turned down the spawn chance so that they appear very seldom) a rocket

launcher NPC will apppear. Now I don't mind that in itself but they seem to be using standard explosive rockets that wreck the hell out of the terrain.

Is there an xml edit I could make to change the ammo they use to rocket frag instead so that they're still dangerous but not a city-levelling liability?

Thank you.

Hi! I put the Mod on the Client and Dedicated Server side.

What I noticed was:

1 - If you open a Coop game, for example, without a dedicated server, the "bandits" of NPCMod suffer damage normally.

2 - If you open the Dedicated Server, the "bandits" do not suffer damage from weapons, only from the electric truncheon and "zombie" creatures.

Can anybody help me?

6 hours ago, Raelgar said:

Hi! I put the Mod on the Client and Dedicated Server side.

What I noticed was:

1 - If you open a Coop game, for example, without a dedicated server, the "bandits" of NPCMod suffer damage normally.

2 - If you open the Dedicated Server, the "bandits" do not suffer damage from weapons, only from the electric truncheon and "zombie" creatures.

Can anybody help me?

I found a solution, or at least I think I "fixed it" hahahahaha

- Inside the dedicated server installation folder, at: steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Data\Config there is a file called "npc".

- I edited the "bandits" faction and added a command line: <relationship name="trader" value="neutral"/>

The result is like this:
<faction name="bandits">
<relationship name="trader" value="neutral"/>
<relationship name="*" value="hate"/>

Now I can damage enemy nps playing on my dedicated server.

I tested it with a few more friends and it worked perfectly.

Edited by Raelgar (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Lasher said:

So, I'm using a few mod packs such as vault dwellers and it all appears to be working really nicely.

The only slight issue that I've run into is that occasionally (and I have turned down the spawn chance so that they appear very seldom) a rocket

launcher NPC will apppear. Now I don't mind that in itself but they seem to be using standard explosive rockets that wreck the hell out of the terrain.

Is there an xml edit I could make to change the ammo they use to rocket frag instead so that they're still dangerous but not a city-levelling liability?

Thank you.

yes, you can edit their custom ammo in the npc mod files and/or remove them from spawning groups

9 hours ago, Raelgar said:

I found a solution, or at least I think I "fixed it" hahahahaha

- Inside the dedicated server installation folder, at: steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Data\Config there is a file called "npc".

- I edited the "bandits" faction and added a command line: <relationship name="trader" value="neutral"/>

The result is like this:
<faction name="bandits">
<relationship name="trader" value="neutral"/>
<relationship name="*" value="hate"/>

Now I can damage enemy nps playing on my dedicated server.

I tested it with a few more friends and it worked perfectly.

not sure why they would have been considered allies from coop to mp dedi, havent been any file changes as far as i know recently that would have changed that, was working as intended in sp and mp