What's the relationship between difficulty and zombie numbers?

EVH

As the title says - is there a correlation?

If I play on harder difficulties are there more zombies and then on lower difficulties less zombies?

I've not been able to work this out during play time,

Thanks

There's none.

The only relevant relation here is that difficulty affects the gamestage, meaning that you'll reach "late" hordes and BMs faster that in a less difficult game. However, in a less difficult game it still goes to the same stage (and thus numbers), only slower.

Aside from that, difficulty affects things like HP and such, but not numbers.

Edited by just.dont (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, just.dont said:

There's none.

The only relevant relation here is that difficulty affects the gamestage, meaning that you'll reach "late" hordes and BMs faster that in a less difficult game. However, in a less difficult game it still goes to the same stage (and thus numbers), only slower.

Aside from that, difficulty affects things like HP and such, but not numbers.

They basically decoupled gamestage from difficulty back in A18, did they reverse that for A20?

12 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

They basically decoupled gamestage from difficulty back in A18, did they reverse that for A20?

It would be great to play at a lower difficulty level for noobs like me, but still be able to have a setting in the options to spawn more zombies.

1 hour ago, EVH said:

It would be great to play at a lower difficulty level for noobs like me, but still be able to have a setting in the options to spawn more zombies.

To do this you would have to either download a mod to increase zombie spawns or go into the spawning file and increase the spawns that way.  Then you could still play at a lower difficulty level but still have tons of zombies all over the place.

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

Roland just needs to pin his "how to add more zombies" thread.

Well from my point of view this is not solution. why? because game is designed for "specific" number of zombie. So bigger number of zombie need to make changes in loot exp, poi sleeperspawning, dmg of weapons etc. big rebalance

6 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

They simply need to bring back the slider for zombie spawns in the game. That´s the best solution.

If they do that then people would whine about performance worse than they do now. So no thanks. the forums are already spammed by people who can't be bothered listen or read. HOWEVER, if they're able to optimize and add more in future builds that'd be great

Edited by Snowydeath (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

They simply need to bring back the slider for zombie spawns in the game. That´s the best solution.

And they likely will... just not while they're still making big changes.  We get a lot closer to release and you'll see that go back in along with a lot more options.  Until then, they would have to reprogram what that slider does every alpha release and that would mean wasted resources.  In other words, "Too soon!"