A20 RWG The 1st four traders I have encountered have all been the same...

warmer

• warmer changed the title to A20 RWG The 1st four traders I have encountered have all been the same...

I have only explored the NE Quadrant given how big it is, but I was really surprised how many of the same trader I ran into. I know each has a somewhat skewed specialty from what I remember and I was hope to find someone other than Jen for cooking and weapons.

Day 7, and no cooking pot yet. probably looted 20+ kitchens and still haven't found one. Both games I have played till day 7 have been like this. A19 I would find a cooking pot 1 in 5 kitchens it seemed.

1 hour ago, warmer said:

I have only explored the NE Quadrant given how big it is, but I was really surprised how many of the same trader I ran into. I know each has a somewhat skewed specialty from what I remember and I was hope to find someone other than Jen for cooking and weapons.

Day 7, and no cooking pot yet. probably looted 20+ kitchens and still haven't found one. Both games I have played till day 7 have been like this. A19 I would find a cooking pot 1 in 5 kitchens it seemed.

You got bad luck with cooking pots it would seem, though why haven’t you made a forge yet and just make your own?

In my current world, I found 3 traders and all are different - Rekt, Jen, and Hugh

A20 RWG The 1st four traders I have encountered have all been the same...

1 hour ago, warmer said:

Day 7, and no cooking pot yet

37 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

In my current world, I found 3 traders and all are different

What I wanna know is, how in the hell are you guys even getting 3-4 traders within 7 days

I must be be playing the game wrong or I just suck (which I wont rule out as a possibility).

Edited by Sal (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Sal said:

What I wanna know is, how in the hell are you guys even getting 3-4 traders within 7 days

Primarily questing if a person is able to finish multiple quest within several days. They then get the special quest to go to another trader.

So far on the MP server I play on, just by doing the special job quest to go to other traders. From Trader Hugh, I was sent to two Trader Joels. 

5 hours ago, Sal said:

I must be be playing the game wrong or I just suck (which I wont rule out as a possibility).

I have done the same world 4 times now, so Hugh I spawned nearby on a previous character.  Rekt I spawned next to in my current playthrough and opened up Jen by trader special mission.  I am on Day 14 right now.

4 hours ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

or their doing nothing but questing from the first minute :)

Nope, just played the same world multiple times.  I am on Day 14 and only on Tier2 missions with Rekt.  I typically do one mission a day.

My solo game I started with Trader Jen, and she sent me to Rekt,, who was 2.5 km away, I didn't find a cooking pot instead, I made one, the MP game I'm playing with a friend I found a cooking pot on day 1. 

That game started with Trader Hugh, and I found Trader Jen while searching for a beaker.

11 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

You got bad luck with cooking pots it would seem, though why haven’t you made a forge yet and just make your own?

I have been avoiding spending a skill point hoping I would find a forge schematic. Same with avoiding cooking skills. I usually find a recipe/schematic pretty soon. I finally found a grill on day 6 and it was in a car! I broke down and spent a skill point on the forge. Can't hold off any longer when its the morning of day 7.

Also found Trader Rekt finally. WAY into the wasteland. SO many vultures and bears and dogs. Whomever sets up shop there is one bad MF.

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, warmer said:

I have been avoiding spending a skill point hoping I would find a forge schematic. Same with avoiding cooking skills. I usually find a recipe/schematic pretty soon. I finally found a grill on day 6 and it was in a car! I broke down and spent a skill point on the forge. Can't hold off any longer when its the morning of day 7.

Also found Trader Rekt finally. WAY into the wasteland. SO many vultures and bears and dogs. Whomever sets up shop there is one bad MF.

I feel you.  I am still searching for a workstation schematic and I am on day 15.   And I know as soon as I spec into Int / Advanced engineering, I will find one the next day  😆

14 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I have done the same world 4 times now, so Hugh I spawned nearby on a previous character.  Rekt I spawned next to in my current playthrough and opened up Jen by trader special mission.  I am on Day 14 right now.

Nope, just played the same world multiple times.  I am on Day 14 and only on Tier2 missions with Rekt.  I typically do one mission a day.

they may be playing 2 hour days only other explanation

ive been playing a 6K size world solo, the starter small city i started in has a Rekt, and all the traders iv'e been sent to nearby for opening trading routes have been Hugh (3 of them) all within a 1.5K drive away in diff directions from my starter city i'm based up in.

I did later manage to also find a trader bob and a trader jen in opposite directions also not very far away.