Drone fell through the map - How to remove?

praekokion

Singleplayer,

Version b218

Fresh install, played for ~23 hours without any problems

Soo.. I went to my local trader just to see him gone. I saw in several videos before, traders "changing position" along the Z-Axis, so I went into DM to search for him upwards and downwards of his original position. Found him underneath, but in the process, my drone, that was following me, followed me through the mesh and fell through the world. This would not be a major problem, since I could just go grab it with dm. But since the drone is under the map it won't let me pick it up though. I am flying right beside it, but it only lets me open the inventory or pin-code it. It does not follow me and stays stationary "down there". It cannot be destroyed, neither by "kill" command, nor by rockets/guns/tools. 

Soo.. Is there a way I can remove it? I do have its entitity ID and could easily replace it via the cm if I was able to remove it - but as long as its sitting there, I cannot deploy a new drone or even a turret which would pretty much mess up my save sadly. Couldnt find any remove entitiy commands that work without mods, or even at all in a single player game... Just removing the chunk or smth probably wont work, since my trader is right on top.. :D

Thanks!

I know there is/was a bug when using the medical mod for it where it would teleport to you even if it wasn't supposed to in order to heal you. So maybe try giving it that mod if you can and go back to the surface and take some damage, maybe it will teleport to you. Maybe? Lol.

8 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

I know there is/was a bug when using the medical mod for it where it would teleport to you even if it wasn't supposed to in order to heal you. So maybe try giving it that mod if you can and go back to the surface and take some damage, maybe it will teleport to you. Maybe? Lol.

Cant give it other mods unfortunately, since you need to pick them up to do so..

15 minutes ago, meganoth said:

In the savegame there is a file drones.dat. Stop the game, delete that file, start the game again and get a new one from creative menue. No guarantees though, I haven't tried this myself. You are the guinea pig 😁

Even if this could do the trick, if this drones.dat file contains saved information about the user's drone, it would only apply for local game. If this happened on a server that isn't owned by the person having this issue, or simply if it isn't on their local computer they have an easy access to, they may be unable to fix it this way. Then again, if this was on a server, there's a chance that under the map, there's already quite a few more drones that belonged to other users.

21 minutes ago, meganoth said:

In the savegame there is a file drones.dat. Stop the game, delete that file, start the game again and get a new one from creative menue. No guarantees though, I haven't tried this myself. You are the guinea pig 😁

Nice idea - tried that, but it doesnt do anything. I have no idea what drones.dat contains - it's not necessary data for the drone tho I think :D Drone is still there, still up and running, no change in condition, after I deleted both drones.dat and drones.bak.dat oder smth like that. 

2 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Even if this could do the trick, if this drones.dat file contains saved information about the user's drone, it would only apply for local game. If this happened on a server that isn't owned by the person having this issue, or simply if it isn't on their local computer they have an easy access to, they may be unable to fix it this way. Then again, if this was on a server, there's a chance that under the map, there's already quite a few more drones that belonged to other users.

If it was on a server, there are multiple server adming mods, that allow the removal of entities with their entity ID. I have the ID of the drone, but sadly none of these options work on singleplayer as there is no built-in console command to remove an entity afaik. 

5 minutes ago, praekokion said:

If it was on a server, there are multiple server adming mods, that allow the removal of entities with their entity ID. I have the ID of the drone, but sadly none of these options work on singleplayer as there is no built-in console command to remove an entity afaik. 

Hmm, you're probably right, I don't have a personal experience with these server tools. Anyway, this sounds like an old issue with entities. I know for sure that Sphereii's and Xyth's NPC mod (the DMT version) had a similar issue which caused your followers to disappear if you weren't careful and took them with you into the trader's area.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

I do indeed have the same issue, and it's hard for me to experiment with this when I'm not the owner of the server I'm playing on. But the mod @Su33nf mention could maybe work. I looked through the different commands the mod have, and one of them have a 'maybe' solutions. One of them is "clearJunkDroneData" that.. clears.. the players drone data. The other one is "cpm-getdrone" or "getdrone" that teleports lost or stuck drone to players. I asked the owner to add the mod, just need to wait for him to respond and acually do it. Updates will come later on.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:52 PM, Su33nf said:

I had to download CSMM's mod - https://docs.csmm.app/en/cpm/

Don't know if this mod works in singleplayer, but it's worth a shot, and if not, you could always just host your own dedicated server with this mod installed and do it that way.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by TahSquid
misspelled (see edit history)

7 hours ago, TahSquid said:

Hello everybody!

I do indeed have the same issue, and it's hard for me to experiment with this when I'm not the owner of the server I'm playing on. But the mod @Su33nf mention could maybe work. I looked through the different commands the mod have, and one of them have a 'maybe' solutions. One of them is "clearJunkDroneData" that.. clears.. the players drone data. The other one is "cpm-getdrone" or "getdrone" that teleports lost or stuck drone to players. I asked the owner to add the mod, just need to wait for him to respond and acually do it. Updates will come later on.

Don't know if this mod works in singleplayer, but it's worth a shot, and if not, you could always just host your own dedicated server with this mod installed and do it that way.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.pngspacer.png

A followup from what I said earlier:

So the owner of the server didn't want to change his already existing server utility mod, but that didn't stop him from trying to find my drone. I knew ish where the drone were already, because I teleported away to my home with the drone out in a long distance. So I gave the cords from where I ish teleported, and he was able to track it down with the usage of listing all entities that was putten out by players, and since I knew where it went wrong, he could match it up with the cords I told him.

I only knew where the drone could've ended up because I didn't have much time before I had to leave for something, so I planned out everything in my head what I was going to do before I left. That's the only reason why I remembered, haha.

If any mods won't work, this might work instead.

• 2 months later...

So I lost my drone after some files got corrupted, and I got teleported way off the map when loading up my new single player game (location was something like 800000 E 500 S).  I was able to use the console command

junkDrone clear

to get rid of it, and then used creative mode to give myself a new drone, which I was then able to deploy normally

7 hours ago, 7DaysBuilder said:

So I lost my drone after some files got corrupted, and I got teleported way off the map when loading up my new single player game (location was something like 800000 E 500 S).  I was able to use the console command

junkDrone clear

to get rid of it, and then used creative mode to give myself a new drone, which I was then able to deploy normally

That’s great news! I had figured that there was no way to deal with lost/stuck drones so now we know of one trick to try. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, custom_hero said:

there is an broken drone. I can't delete it in any way, the junk Drone clear command does not help. All dev tools тоо. The drone can be opened as a storage and that's it. it cannot be repaired. Are the developers aware of this bug?

Sadly the drone is part of the player data which means it can only trivially removed if you also delete the player.

Whether the devs are aware of the bug depends on how the bug was triggered, your current broken drone data is probably only the aftermath of triggering the bug (just like the Nullreference exceptions are often just the results of a bug that breaks world data)

Do you know exactly when and how the drone went from good to bad? If yes (and especially if you can recreate it in a fresh and unmodded game) then a bug report would surely help.

On 3/10/2022 at 2:28 PM, 7DaysBuilder said:

junkDrone clear

For me it was just jd clear.

• 5 months later...

I realize this may be a bit late, but the drone gets teleported to the players location when you teleport them. This recently happened to a player on my server, their coords were  (-70, -9500, 660) for the drone under listents.

TeleportPlayer playerEntID x y z

that command worked, just use listents and teleport the PLAYER to their current location and bam, drone should be beside them.

Please note that I said teleport the player PLAYER and NOT the drone. Just for clarification.

• 1 month later...

lol I would like to know how is someone suppose to give the drone "that is missing" a medical mod in the 1st place??????????????????????

bdubyah
Posted December 11, 2021

Edited by CrazyDave66 (see edit history)

On 12/13/2022 at 1:36 AM, CrazyDave66 said:

lol I would like to know how is someone suppose to give the drone "that is missing" a medical mod in the 1st place??????????????????????

bdubyah
Posted December 11, 2021

Not sure why you are bringing up a year old post, but the OP could see the drone.  It just would not follow him from under the map.  As the OP stated, he could even access the inventory of it.  That said, adding a mod would require picking it up unless that wasn't required a year ago, so wouldn't have been an option.  I have heard that if you teleport, the drone will come with you, though I haven't tried it.  I've been able to get a lost drone back by just using DM and god mode in order to get close enough to access it, so haven't tried anything else.