Bug ? - POIs Disappear

illusions

As the title says ..

Buildings are disappearing when you get close to the objects

and still having the after completing the starting quest the trader quest shows No Traders Located

Ive created a few different seeds, this has happened on everyone of them now

Server is through gameservers.com, creating the maps local, and loaded on server, different/fresh seed every time

Verified game with steam, and these logs are from after that with a fresh seed/map

on a local signal player, I'm not having either one of these issues

I also can log into another server and not have these happen

so its obviously server side

In the first thread we started looking into this no trader Beelzybub took a video to show

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/25880-no-traders/

this was before verified files and mods removed which I was testing out during restarts, results still are the same as shown

local output log

https://justpaste.it/9pny2

Server output log

https://justpaste.it/48g9e

Haven't had a building do this, but I have had several trees do this.  I know not exact same thing, but definitely a bug.

You can still go up to where the tree was and chop it.

If you go to the other side of it and look back the tree shows up again.  Walking around it it will disappear again.

4 minutes ago, Star69 said:

From the server log, it appears to be a prefab issue. I wonder if there is some mixing of A19 and A20 files??? Anyway, if you haven’t done so, post this in the bug report section so the QA team can figure this out.

couldn't the thread just be moved to the bug pool?

Ok.

Fact1: If you search for  "woodHalfRampStairs50" in store_grocery_01.blocks.nim of A20 you find nothing, i.e. it isn't there.

Fact 2: If you search for the same string in A19 you find it.

Fact3: In the server log the game complains that a block of that name is unknown.

So I'm fairly sure that part of the image on those gameservers is still A19. Like Star69 said, probably the prefabs since they reference old blocks from A19. Tell them to revalidate their game sources again or delete and redownload.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Ok. Fact1: If you search for  "woodHalfRampStairs50" in store_grocery_01.blocks.nim of A20 you find nothing, i.e. it isn't there. If you search for the same string in A19 you find it.

So I'm fairly sure that part of the image on those gameservers is still A19. Tell them to revalidate their game sources again or delete and redownload.

them as in gameservers.com? or the server admin

Edited by POCKET951 (see edit history)

while i am not saying its not a bug... i will say that i have yet to have a poi disappear like that.

and @meganoth good catch :)

1 minute ago, POCKET951 said:

them as in gameservers.com? or the server admin

SOP would dictate you contacting the server admin (if its not you) and in turn the server admin will need to contact the host provider as all the files are in their possession. good luck

4 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

while i am not saying its not a bug... i will say that i have yet to have a poi disappear like that.

and @meganoth good catch :)

SOP would dictate you contacting the server admin (if its not you) and in turn the server admin will need to contact the host provider as all the files are in their possession. good luck

well regardless if it is indeed a bug or not , I put a record of it in the bugpool. if it is indeed not a bug then its a host provider problem, which was what I initially thought the problem was

20 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Whoever can initiate a steam validate or redownload of the game needs to do this.

which can help to a point but,  if hosts or either dedis or p2p or even sp are holding on to old prefabs/custom or not and dont do a proper block conversion. :)

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Ok.

Fact1: If you search for  "woodHalfRampStairs50" in store_grocery_01.blocks.nim of A20 you find nothing, i.e. it isn't there.

Fact 2: If you search for the same string in A19 you find it.

Fact3: In the server log the game complains that a block of that name is unknown.

So I'm fairly sure that part of the image on those gameservers is still A19. Like Star69 said, probably the prefabs since they reference old blocks from A19. Tell them to revalidate their game sources again or delete and redownload.

I’m with ya.. I can see it’s not finding a lot of buildings/objects in there, makes sense why things disappear.  And I’m thinking that’s why I’m not getting a trader located on the quest .. I watched him disappear. I know my local sp game works, I validated my files and it plays fine… I didn’t know if there was a folder missing that could be identified from this I could drop on from local.. but yes I will be contact gameservers next then to see about this resolution.

sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. I missed where to report bugs properly I guess.

54 minutes ago, illusions said:

I’m with ya.. I can see it’s not finding a lot of buildings/objects in there, makes sense why things disappear.  And I’m thinking that’s why I’m not getting a trader located on the quest .. I watched him disappear. I know my local sp game works, I validated my files and it plays fine… I didn’t know if there was a folder missing that could be identified from this I could drop on from local.. but yes I will be contact gameservers next then to see about this resolution.

sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. I missed where to report bugs properly I guess.

Didn't mean to steal your thunder but I already posted it in the bug pool..we will find out if its a bug  or if its a host/server provider issue.

My gut is leaning towards not a bug though

is there a scenario where it could be both?

the reason why I think its not one or the other is because of this reply in a reddit thread where someone is experiencing similar issues with Ping perfect, another server provider. This user  had similar issues with buildings disappearing. The server provider thinks it could be a bug on your end.
And you guys think it could be  an issue with the host/dedicated server provider.

regardless of what is going on I hope you guys get to the bottom of it all and we find out what is happening

image.png.76c7567bcd157526e4d3111d67bfb34b.png

Edited by POCKET951 (see edit history)

If you can access the game directory on their servers you can check yourself if the files are correct there. Download Data/Prefabs/POIs/store_grocery_01.blocks.nim and search for the string "woodHalfRampStairs50". If that string is in there then that file is from A19.

And if there are A19 files in a directory that is supposed to be from A20 then this IS either a steam issue or a issue of how they updated the files through steam or their server layout, but not a TFP issue. Because I downloaded TPF's files from steam and this string isn't in that file anymore.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Data/Prefabs/POIs/store_grocery_01.blocks.nim and search for the string "woodHalfRampStairs50". If that string is in there then that file is from A19.

If this "woodShapes:halfRampStairs50" is what your refer to .. then yup. its there.

Ive reached out to gameservers to see if they can resolve this

43 minutes ago, illusions said:

If this "woodShapes:halfRampStairs50" is what your refer to .. then yup. its there.

Ive reached out to gameservers to see if they can resolve this

No. I meant exactly "woodHalfRampStairs50". Your string is surely the name that same block has in A20 now. The file you are locking at seems to be from A20

If you can, make a copy of all the files you can access on your server to local disk and then use a search utility to search for "woodHalfRampStairs50". The only places where you should find that string are in Data/Config/BlockUpdates.csv, in Data/Prefabs/Test/aaa_art_deco_stuff.blocks.nim and in Data/Config/Localization.txt . If the string is anywhere else we may have found the problem

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Well ... Im happy to report.. Its working !!

POIs do not disappear, and trader quest are active.

Gameservers reloaded several folders ( 7DaysToDieServer_Data & Saves & Data )

Thanks @Beelzybub and @meganoth for your wisdom and help working through this.

@POCKET951 and anyone having these issues .. you have your answers.. your host needs to correct your files

( no one doubted you on this meganoth, you nailed it. we just had to get the host understand it to fix ! )

1 hour ago, illusions said:

Well ... Im happy to report.. Its working !!

POIs do not disappear, and trader quest are active.

Gameservers reloaded several folders ( 7DaysToDieServer_Data & Saves & Data )

Thanks @Beelzybub and @meganoth for your wisdom and help working through this.

@POCKET951 and anyone having these issues .. you have your answers.. your host needs to correct your files

( no one doubted you on this meganoth, you nailed it. we just had to get the host understand it to fix ! )

Did you also do a clean install of 7 days to die  on steam as well?

I also had the "no trader" show up after completing the starter quests, although i did not have disappearing pois.

My son teleported to all the traders, and the problem was that we had no forest biome traders spawn. Traders in the desert, the snow, and the wasteland.... but no forest. If i remember correctly, the initial quest to go to the trader always sends you to a forest trader, so my assumption is that that is the reason we got "no trader".

It was a crappy map anyways, so we generated a new one. The new one had forest traders and the quest worked as expected.

2 hours ago, Jikdur said:

Having this problem on pingperfect. how did you fix this?

It was a mixing of A19 and A20 files. You need to submit a ticket to Pingperfect saying that there are A19 remnant files in your A20. They should wipe your server and install only A20. Since there were several hosting companies with this issue, I wonder if their source files were mixed. Anyway, I’d guess it’d be worked out by now.