Also Seeking to Rock 7D2D in Virtual Reality

ProtectorX

This GEM of a game would likely go Supernova if/when playable in VR and GOD HELP playing this while wearing a VR-Suit!  We've been playing this game for years and never got enough of it!  The game practically never plays the same way twice, each time we pool in, it seems "Player Directed" every time!  This is what sold us on the game!  But to add VR support would take this to a whole different level of gameplay!  It would be a hell of a Freak-out to stand immersed within this game, squaring with Zombie-IA's at eye level!  Literally standing directly in front of you!  Let alone hair raising being chased by a horde of life-size Zombies

An example would be the "Saints and Sinners" VR zombie game!  But with 7D2DVR being a sandbox, would have the advantage as an Unscripted, OpenWorld, Player-Directed game with virtually endless gameplay scenarios or outcomes.

We're so looking forwards to when 7D2D supports VR Headsets, to also supporting my eventual full body VR Suit!  (Just have the Oculus Quest 2 and "bHaptics" pulse Jack and wrist band for now!)

5 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Oculus VR support was one of the kickstarter goals and is planned post-launch.

Thanks!👌 You can certainly count me/us-in on this 7D2DVR Kickstarter support! 👀 Looking forward for this launch!

Comment:

Whether this will be an entirely separate VR-build or a VR-Patch, existing owners (me) will more likely buy a 2nd copy in the VR-build!

If VR-patched, then expect new players to flock the checkout lines!

But whatever the case, the immersive experience where everything in-game appears real to the touch from the player's perspective will be stoked beyond words!  

Edited by ProtectorX (see edit history)

11 hours ago, geengaween said:

If you like Saints and Sinners there's a similar (lower budget) knock off called "SURV1V3" which is actually pretty good. It doesn't look as good but it feels pretty good to play and the melee combat and shooting is quite nice

https://store.steampowered.com/app/722180/SURV1V3/

Hey thanks! 👍 But I already own/played it!😏 and yes, it's not bad!

In fact, I have 200+ VR-games!👀 (To even my surprise😳) But I'd guess that'll come with being a Steam member for several decades!😉
Need I also count the number of None-VR Games?😁😆-----😳?    I'd rather not!😒

Yet through it all, 7D2D in among the most played!😏

Edited by ProtectorX (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
On 12/5/2021 at 8:37 PM, SylenThunder said:

Oculus VR support was one of the kickstarter goals and is planned post-launch.

YES!!!  I came to the forums to suggest just this, not knowing it was already a goal!  I'm guessing you be looking at PCVR to bring the same game to VR, and that's good.  I was thinking bringing even an earlier simpler version to the Quest 2 as a stand-alone would be welcome.  I'd made an offhand comment in a Facebook group and got some enthusiastic responses.  I know I'd welcome it! 

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2022 at 9:36 AM, gwensparkle said:

I was thinking bringing even an earlier simpler version to the Quest 2 as a stand-alone would be welcome.

That would be a huge undertaking for something that would be worse than just patching the PC version for PCVR - which appears to be the actual plan.

I recall my first impressions of VR Minecraft...

"Whoa, Stop! That's a cliff. I'm up really high." ... and ... "Oh my, the creepers are as big as I am."

... and I'd expect similar experiences from 7D2D, where Z's would go from being 2-inches tall to being 6-foot and the top of a cell phone tower would be an impressive site.

I'm not sure the "be mobile" approach to dealing with hordes would work in VR, but there's always building bases.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

I dream of building a simrig with 3D treadmill and an airsoft gun rigged to be usable in-game for maximum immersion, and 7Days would be the dream for that purpose.

Would certainly beat the hell out of Fallout 4 VR!

On 5/23/2022 at 3:09 AM, zztong said:

I recall my first impressions of VR Minecraft...

"Whoa, Stop! That's a cliff. I'm up really high." ... and ... "Oh my, the creepers are as big as I am."

I still recall trying to sit on the bloody bed :D

• 3 months later...

It took some doing but I found the original kickstarter goals image (funny I cannot find it anywhere recent, but I just realized I did not check the kickstarter site itself lol) but I saw that Rift support was the 300K goal, and I am hoping this is something that will still be honored.  I bought an Oculus Quest 2 6 months ago, and one of the games I spent so much time playing was The Forest VR.  I tell you what, chopping a tree in VR is SOOOOO damn satisfying.  But anyway, I already have 3400+ hours into 7 Days on Steam, not to mention hundreds on PS4/5.  (The server owner in the community I am part of has 10k+ hours lol) but I cannot imagine how many hours I will put into this game if it goes VR and the console gets updated.  

Also, on a side note, I cannot find the other roadmap there used to be an image of that included workshop support.  I am hoping this is not because that roadmap is no longer a set of goals.  If I recall correctly Workshop support was going to be a thing once the game went gold.  Looking forward to this and VR!

Edited by Rizzano
Left out some shiznit (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Rizzano said:

It took some doing but I found the original kickstarter goals image (funny I cannot find it anywhere recent, but I just realized I did not check the kickstarter site itself lol) but I saw that Rift support was the 300K goal, and I am hoping this is something that will still be honored.  I bought an Oculus Quest 2 6 months ago, and one of the games I spent so much time playing was The Forest VR.  I tell you what, chopping a tree in VR is SOOOOO damn satisfying.  But anyway, I already have 3400+ hours into 7 Days on Steam, not to mention hundreds on PS4/5.  (The server owner in the community I am part of has 10k+ hours lol) but I cannot imagine how many hours I will put into this game if it goes VR and the console gets updated.  

Also, on a side note, I cannot find the other roadmap there used to be an image of that included workshop support.  I am hoping this is not because that roadmap is no longer a set of goals.  If I recall correctly Workshop support was going to be a thing once the game went gold.  Looking forward to this and VR!

Pinned in this section.