The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Happy Thanksgiving again Sphereii

Have a couple Question in reference to the Mod .. Ravenhearst SDX SP _ 21 day Blood Moon _ Weather disabled

1) .. Is the game suppose to be pretty much Grass free compared to other Mod and even just the SP version (plain Jane you could say) after 15minute Upload of game it is fairly naked in grass textures and some others and I thought maybe I turned off grass by mistake .. but ALL my settings are still set to Ultra.

2) .. Weather disabled .. does that mean the Temps don't change .. (if so then there is an issue or just rain, fog, etc)

I could not find much on the site about this and I know you are involved with the game and that is why I'm asking you. Hope it is OK _ if not let me know.

Thank you and Enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Hello, weather disabled means the temps yes. Your temperature should not fluctuate but you will still get rain and snow. to turn those off go to your console and type weather Rain 0 and weather Snow 0

I have not found a reliable way to disable rain or snow in the weather.xml only to balance out temperatures and fog.

Biome terrain is indeed supposed to be more difficult. Depending on the biome you will see much less of everything. Take a photo if you can so i can ensure it is intended or there was an issue with the mod. Also if you like you can post all of that in the Ravenhearst thread so that I may respond more quickly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23374[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23375[/ATTACH]

Thank you for response: JaxTeller718

Ravenhearst _ SDX SP _ 21day Blood Moon _ Weather disabled

There is an issue with Temperature going up and down .. Temp at top of screen is saying 25 degrees F and my character started at + 69 and while taking pictures she dropped to 43 and I'm running the latest patch .. should show in photo.

And is ground cover as intended with the latest build .. 2 screenshots total

Sorry Sphereii ... but his site wouldn't let upload images

How can my friend join my starvation game? I started a Survival MP game. Usually in steam she just clicks join game, but since it's from a launcher she can't? I gave her my IP and port for her to connect still doesn't work? How can this be done?

If you add the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe to Steam as a Non-Steam game, you should be able to use all of Steam features. I've never really used the Join Game features though, so I'm not sure about that.

The IP and Port should have worked. Are you on LAN? All firewall ports open? If you do the same with your vanilla version of steam, does it allow you to connect to the IP and port?

If you add the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe to Steam as a Non-Steam game, you should be able to use all of Steam features. I've never really used the Join Game features though, so I'm not sure about that.

The IP and Port should have worked. Are you on LAN? All firewall ports open? If you do the same with your vanilla version of steam, does it allow you to connect to the IP and port?

I'll try that.

She just connects to my game from steam

No idea why the IP and port didn't work.

We added the launcher to steam and it still doesn't work?

I'd like to play together on our own game. Just don't know how to do it.

Edited by MrSamuelAdam (see edit history)

I'll try that.

She just connects to my game from steam

No idea why the IP and port didn't work.

We added the launcher to steam and it still doesn't work?

I'd like to play together on our own game. Just don't know how to do it.

It should work, I agree. I am not sure what steam does for the Join Game feature to work. But connecting to the IP should definitely work.

Lost

I'm totally lost right now (which isn't unusual for me as I have some medical mental issues), but I've been looking into playing Ravenhearst and I see people have said they installed it with Mod Launcher, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do so. I love the links to the other mods already provided (makes my life so much easier) but Ravenhearst isn't there, and I don't know how to get my downloaded files into the program.

Any idea how I can do it? (Or if ravenhearst can be added to the links already provided you'll make my day)

Lost

Doesn't seem to have posted so let me try again. I'm trying to get Ravenhearst to work with the Mod Launcher but I'm totally lost. On the Ravenhearst page (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76822-Ravenhearst-Mod) there's a link to use Mod Launcher but all it does is take you to the page to get Mod Launcher. Ravenhearst isn't on the list of links on the side, and I can't find how to add Ravenhearst to it. Help!

Doesn't seem to have posted so let me try again. I'm trying to get Ravenhearst to work with the Mod Launcher but I'm totally lost. On the Ravenhearst page (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76822-Ravenhearst-Mod) there's a link to use Mod Launcher but all it does is take you to the page to get Mod Launcher. Ravenhearst isn't on the list of links on the side, and I can't find how to add Ravenhearst to it. Help!

Sorry for the trouble!

Look under the "Dawn of the Apocalypse" heading for the Revenhearst mod. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Could someone be so kind to help me? Basically whenever i use the mod launcher it completely breaks my game. I have to uninstall 7D2D and reinstall it.. it will work launching normal, but then as soon as i try to use the mod launcher it freezes @ loading and i have to ctrl alt del out and if i try to launch just through steam again same thing happens.. just freezes and then i have to reinstall the whole game.

I have EAC disabled, i tried all 3 different versions of the mod launcher also.

Thanks.

Could someone be so kind to help me? Basically whenever i use the mod launcher it completely breaks my game. I have to uninstall 7D2D and reinstall it.. it will work launching normal, but then as soon as i try to use the mod launcher it freezes @ loading and i have to ctrl alt del out and if i try to launch just through steam again same thing happens.. just freezes and then i have to reinstall the whole game.

I have EAC disabled, i tried all 3 different versions of the mod launcher also.

Thanks.

Sorry for the trouble. Let's get you fixed up.

At what point does it freeze? When you are installing a mod? Launching a game? Or does it freeze just starting itself? Any anti-virus programs being run?

Sorry for the trouble. Let's get you fixed up.

At what point does it freeze? When you are installing a mod? Launching a game? Or does it freeze just starting itself? Any anti-virus programs being run?

It freezes after the fun pimps splash screen when it hits "loading" it freezes. I'm just using Windows defender.

Thanks.

It freezes after the fun pimps splash screen when it hits "loading" it freezes. I'm just using Windows defender.

Thanks.

Okay great. Windows Defender isn't known to cause trouble.

Which Mod were you trying? Some mods take a lot longer to start to get past the Loading screen, like Starvation, True Survival, and Ravenhearst.

Okay great. Windows Defender isn't known to cause trouble.

Which Mod were you trying? Some mods take a lot longer to start to get past the Loading screen, like Starvation, True Survival, and Ravenhearst.

Trying ravenhearst stream version. I have it on a Samsung evo 850 ssd.

Trying ravenhearst stream version. I have it on a Samsung evo 850 ssd.

Okay, so it can take a few minutes to load up. However, if you feel it is taking longer, you can do this:

1) In the Mod Launcher, click on the View menu, then Log Files

2) select the output_log.txt from the drop down box

3) click on the Upload Log file button

4) copy and paste the pastebin.com link it gives you here.

Okay, so it can take a few minutes to load up. However, if you feel it is taking longer, you can do this:

1) In the Mod Launcher, click on the View menu, then Log Files

2) select the output_log.txt from the drop down box

3) click on the Upload Log file button

4) copy and paste the pastebin.com link it gives you here.

Aye, Thats what it was. Apparently SSD's have spoiled me to the point where if it takes more then 15-20 seconds to load i start clicking... if i would have just left the mouse alone it would have loaded up, but it does take awhile!

Thanks for your help.

Aye, Thats what it was. Apparently SSD's have spoiled me to the point where if it takes more then 15-20 seconds to load i start clicking... if i would have just left the mouse alone it would have loaded up, but it does take awhile!

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad it's working for you! With loading the assets, the SSD do give an advantage: The assets can be anywhere from 500 to 1.2G of extra content. However, the bottle neck is normally the CPU as it needs to extract the bundles, etc. :)

1.0.3.19 is released! Includes minor tweaks to the download logic.

Also includes an experimental "Save All Games Local To Mod" option. This will create a Save folder off your Destination (C:\7D2D\Saves), and stored per mod-name. This will let you delete your mod, while preserve your save game in the future.

hi Sphereii

just wanted to say a big,,,,,,, THANK YOU, for making this launcher,,,,

thats it... im done.... have a good day everyone,,,,, ooo yea.. and THANK YOU again it is really apriciated :)

cheers mate

Canadus

Thank you very much for your words of kindness! Enjoy the mods!

Mod launcher won't load anymore.

Hi guys, I've been using the mod launcher with no problems for a few weeks. But tonight I tried to start it up, it downloaded something, then I got this message : "7 days to die mod launcher application cannot be started". Is this something that's happening to everyone, or is it just me. And if it's just me, what would you advise? Thanks!

Hi guys, I've been using the mod launcher with no problems for a few weeks. But tonight I tried to start it up, it downloaded something, then I got this message : "7 days to die mod launcher application cannot be started". Is this something that's happening to everyone, or is it just me. And if it's just me, what would you advise? Thanks!

Sorry for the trouble. Any anti virus programs?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Sphereii... you have made some many life’s so much easier. Although, I have a question, how can I mod a mod? I tried changing things but every time I start the mod it deletes any change I’ve made. Thank you.

It can be tricky . If you make xml changes, you can simply run the exe directly.

Alternatively, make your changes in TempMods and uncheck refresh mods automatically.

Hi, thanks for replying so soon. I tried replying to your comment, but I received this comment :

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

So I'm writing as a reply to thread, sorry about that.

I tried running the mod launcher again without norton protection, but it was the same.

If it helps, the error message was as follows, (it means nothing to me, because I'm a pc illiterate, but if you can help, it'd be much appreciated!)

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34209

System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34274 built by: FX452RTMGDR

clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR

dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34274 built by: FX452RTMGDR

dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES

Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/David/Downloads/7D2DLauncher%20(2).application

Deployment Provider url : https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DLauncher.application

Server : Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

Application url : https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/Application%20Files/7D2DLauncher_1_0_3_19/7D2DLauncher.exe.manifest

Server : Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

IDENTITIES

Deployment Identity : 7D2DLauncher.application, Version=1.0.3.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7648fef8e97e2d05, processorArchitecture=msil

Application Identity : 7D2DLauncher.exe, Version=1.0.3.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7648fef8e97e2d05, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY

* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of C:\Users\David\Downloads\7D2DLauncher (2).application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Activation failed.

+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

* File association for ".7D2D" skipped, since another application is using it.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [29/11/2017 1:25:39 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\David\Downloads\7D2DLauncher (2).application has started.

* [29/11/2017 1:25:40 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

* [29/11/2017 1:25:40 AM] : Installation of the application has started.

* [29/11/2017 1:25:41 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.

* [29/11/2017 1:25:41 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.

* [29/11/2017 1:25:41 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

* [29/11/2017 1:25:41 AM] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

* [29/11/2017 1:25:41 AM] : Installation of application has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [29/11/2017 1:25:41 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)

- Activation failed.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.IO.FileNotFoundException

- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

* Transaction at [29/11/2017 1:25:41 AM]

+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationStageComponent

- HRESULT: 0x0

- Manifest: NKTGQO3D.75P.application

+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata

+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata

+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)