The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

I posted on discord but might as well post here too

it's bugging me from day one since using the launcher but it's not that big of a deal

are u aware when we choose mods destination folder

the launcher actually put an "underscore" instead of space and create a new folder

for exmaple if i pick "D:\Program Files (x86)\7DTD Mods" it will create another folder called "D:\Program_Files_(x86)\7DTD_Mods" and use this one instead

Glad it's working well for you!

It's my bad for the Craftwork / Compo Pack. I had the wrong link. I fixed it. Can you restart the Mod Launcher and try again?

No worries, like I said I am unsure if it is your program or the mod owner. Restarted ModLauncher and deleted the mod completely. Redownloaded it and it is still using COMPOPACK25 instead of the 29 located on this page here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen.

I posted on discord but might as well post here too

it's bugging me from day one since using the launcher but it's not that big of a deal

are u aware when we choose mods destination folder

the launcher actually put an "underscore" instead of space and create a new folder

for exmaple if i pick "D:\Program Files (x86)\7DTD Mods" it will create another folder called "D:\Program_Files_(x86)\7DTD_Mods" and use this one instead

Sorry for the confusion.

The design excluded the option of support spaces in file names. Some api calls may have trouble with them, and I chose not to contend with them, and they are automatically replaced with _. While nearly all APIs support spaces, I couldn't guarantee that all the API calls I do now, or will in the future, support them.

No worries, like I said I am unsure if it is your program or the mod owner. Restarted ModLauncher and deleted the mod completely. Redownloaded it and it is still using COMPOPACK25 instead of the 29 located on this page here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen.

Oh, I understand. I had the original Craftworx template, and Latheos made a copy. I'll leave a message for him to update his link. Once his link is updated, it'll appear updated in the mod launcher.

When it's updated, you'll see COMPOPACK_25 updated in the path.

The following downloads will occur to install the mods for this server:
- https://github.com/LatheosMod/Craftworx/archive/master.zip
- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mdbvecz5tdkptbq/COMPOPACK_25%28for_alpha16experimental%29.zip?dl=0

Oh, I understand. I had the original Craftworx template, and Latheos made a copy. I'll leave a message for him to update his link. Once his link is updated, it'll appear updated in the mod launcher.

When it's updated, you'll see COMPOPACK_25 updated in the path.

The following downloads will occur to install the mods for this server:
- https://github.com/LatheosMod/Craftworx/archive/master.zip
- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mdbvecz5tdkptbq/COMPOPACK_25%28for_alpha16experimental%29.zip?dl=0

Thanks so much for the quick response. Hope you have a good rest of the weekend.

Sorry for the confusion.

The design excluded the option of support spaces in file names. Some api calls may have trouble with them, and I chose not to contend with them, and they are automatically replaced with _. While nearly all APIs support spaces, I couldn't guarantee that all the API calls I do now, or will in the future, support them.

Is this documented anywhere? I feel like some users might want to lurk into the folder they choose and see that there is nothing in there and they could freakout lul

Is this documented anywhere? I feel like some users might want to lurk into the folder they choose and see that there is nothing in there and they could freakout lul

I'm not sure if it's written down anywhere, to be honest. You are the third person to mention it to me in a year and a half, so I'm not sure if its a common concern :)

So I'm new to the 7DTD mod launcher I have a saved WOTW game, Though I would try Ravenherst but when I try to run the Ravenherst mod it pulls up WOTW mod??? Can you not run 2 different modded games at the same time?

Hi Darkon. Sorry for the trouble.

Yes, the mod launcher is meant to run two different mods. So let's figure out what the issue is.

Are you using Advanced Mode?

If you are using Simple mode, I'd suggest deleting your steam copy of 7 days to die (through Windows Explorer - not steam validate). Then switch to Advanced mode in the Mod Launcher. Set your Destination folder (available on the Starting Splash Screen) to something like C:\7D2D\, and try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Best to ask in the dedicated thread for the mod launcher. Thread moved.

Thank you very much. I don't get out into the other areas of the forum much.

So I'm new to the 7DTD mod launcher I have a saved WOTW game, Though I would try Ravenherst but when I try to run the Ravenherst mod it pulls up WOTW mod??? Can you not run 2 different modded games at the same time?

Good day Darkon316:

Just an update to your question .. YES .. you can run many different version of mods as long as you have HD space .. I have 4 different mods running and the launcher keeps them sorted. "Hoping you more than 1 HD .. like 1 for gaming .. everything will work better" if not do what sphereii said to do.

Does anyone know how I can edit my progression file and use the mod launcher without it refreshing/updating the mods and erasing the edits? Thank you in advance

You could make your changes under TempMods, but every time you Refresh Mods Automatically, it'll over-write your progression.

You could also host your progression files on a site somewhere, like pastebin.com, and make a "My Mod" for it. This will allow you to keep up to date, while continueing to use your progression file.

In order to make a My mod, you'll need to know which download links are in the original mod, and copy them into your new My Mod. Your progression.xml link should go last.

Good Morning Sphereii

Question; With the New Launcher is there a way for the " For big mods, be sure to press Pre-Sync Mod before Playing! " to go away after doing it and I would think _ ( Ravenhearst - 7 Day Horde Edition ) would fall into that big mod group.

Because I did Pre-Sync and it is saying I need to in Red.

Just wondering and Thank You .. I like the new look. ....... Enjoy the day

Good Morning Sphereii

Question; With the New Launcher is there a way for the " For big mods, be sure to press Pre-Sync Mod before Playing! " to go away after doing it and I would think _ ( Ravenhearst - 7 Day Horde Edition ) would fall into that big mod group.

Because I did Pre-Sync and it is saying I need to in Red.

Just wondering and Thank You .. I like the new look. ....... Enjoy the day

That's more of a general warning. the launcher doesn't really know what is big or not, until you actually try to download it, even then its a bit dicey. I'll look into a way of making it go away if it detects that there's at least some files in there.

The Play button will do a sync too. However, what I found was that people were pressing play, and they felt it was locking up, so they killed it. After that, it was challenging to get restarted.

I am getting application cannot be started contact application vendor. I have been having problem with game launch lockups and had to keep uninstalling both the launcher and steam and 7dtd now it cant get the launcher to install

Sorry for the trouble. Seems like Windows may have messed up its own folder structure. The Launcher is a OneClick application and sometimes the OneClick cache in windows messes up.

Take a look and see if this helps: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/application-cannot-be-started-contact-the/f79fbb4d-4981-413d-b911-0134f86883b0?auth=1

Since last time I wrote here the forum subscribed to this thread and it sends me weekly updates, how can I unsubscribe from it?

Near the top of the page, by the View Thread Unread, you have "Thread Tools" You can select "Unsubcribe to this thread" to stop the emails.

I'm having trouble adding the big bag mod to a mymod. I can get the common sense mod and SMX to work and it seems to have loaded the big bag files, I've even placed them in the directory manually, but the bag is still the default size. I'm not using EAC and this is single player. Any ideas?

I'm having trouble adding the big bag mod to a mymod. I can get the common sense mod and SMX to work and it seems to have loaded the big bag files, I've even placed them in the directory manually, but the bag is still the default size. I'm not using EAC and this is single player. Any ideas?

sure, I can help you out.

Which files are you trying to add? The bigger back pack is a DLL change, but also a few XML files need to be changed. Which SMX are you using? One specifically for bigger backpack?

sure, I can help you out.

Which files are you trying to add? The bigger back pack is a DLL change, but also a few XML files need to be changed. Which SMX are you using? One specifically for bigger backpack?

I'm trying to add the 72 slot pack from SMX/BigBag. I've also tried the one posted by Stallionsden on his thread. I've tried linking to the dload and moving the files over manually and neither is working. You're question prompted me to try Sirrilion's, the one made specifically for SMX, but it did not work either. I'm using the ComSenMod w/SMX so thought that last idea would work. Still no joy.

I'm trying to add the 72 slot pack from SMX/BigBag. I've also tried the one posted by Stallionsden on his thread. I've tried linking to the dload and moving the files over manually and neither is working. You're question prompted me to try Sirrilion's, the one made specifically for SMX, but it did not work either. I'm using the ComSenMod w/SMX so thought that last idea would work. Still no joy.

Click on Open URL, and copy this in: https://pastebin.com/raw/npJy87FX

You can view it through the web browser too, and see how that works for you. The new mod will display under "MyMods".

• Crater Creator changed the title to The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die