The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Sphereii

I sure wish I had an email for you .. This system is a real pain in the butt.

But anyway .. log from Launcher and a output.log from War of the Walkers

I tried to send Ravenhearst output.log .. but it was to big and this will not take a rar file

Hope this helps and Thank you

PS: OR .. did you want to use the upload log file link that is a http// pastebin.com link

which I just found after all this.

Looking over your output_log.txt, I see this:

2017-10-21T09:49:42 6.142 INF Awake

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "G:\Steam\steamapps\common\7D2D_Mod_Launcher\War_Of_the_Walkers\War_of_the_Walkers_Bigger_Back_Pack\Data\Config\Localization.txt" is denied.

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Seems like there's confusion with the permissions. I don't think its anything in particular that the launcher is doing. I've seen a few searches come up:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/143388408895063359/

Usually traced back to anti-virus or something. Have you tried rebooting? Any new anti-virus that you may have installed?

Morning Sphereii

MY Anti-virus was removed by a computer shop last week before all this started and maybe that is what has happened.

I've used Advance System Care for 6-8 years (never had an issue) and something's started run funny .. took it in and they said it was that software .. So I told them to go ahead and remove it.

But before that - all was running fine .. except for those couple of issues. .... Oh-well .. live and learn :( the bad way.

I'll take it back in on Monday and hope they can figure out what THEY did.

I tried the suggested fix on Steam and that didn't work .. because I also have IObit malware software.

PS: I'm getting to old for all this stuff and I REALLY don't want to have reload everything .. 3 SSD and 1 harddrives .. 1.5 T worth of stuff. I do have an external 4 T back-up drive ... but what a PAIN. I'm crying on the inside and Trying to smile on the outside

THANK YOU

Morning Sphereii

MY Anti-virus was removed by a computer shop last week before all this started and maybe that is what has happened.

I've used Advance System Care for 6-8 years (never had an issue) and something's started run funny .. took it in and they said it was that software .. So I told them to go ahead and remove it.

But before that - all was running fine .. except for those couple of issues. .... Oh-well .. live and learn :( the bad way.

I'll take it back in on Monday and hope they can figure out what THEY did.

I tried the suggested fix on Steam and that didn't work .. because I also have IObit malware software.

PS: I'm getting to old for all this stuff and I REALLY don't want to have reload everything .. 3 SSD and 1 harddrives .. 1.5 T worth of stuff. I do have an external 4 T back-up drive ... but what a PAIN. I'm crying on the inside and Trying to smile on the outside

THANK YOU

Yeah, sorry about the trouble. It seems like *something* locked those files, and not letting the game read them. Even if the launcher was failing, the game should load in vanilla. But that doesn't even seem to be the case.

So we have IO bit, and that's all that is running?

Last time for today .. Sphereii

Taking back to shop on Monday to have them REINSTALL or RESTORE system to what it was and hoping that will resolve my problem that was cause by them removing ASC software .. somehow all of the software must have been linked thru files.

Since I noticed launcher not working .. figured I better start checking other stuff and games .. well at the moment .. I have 2 programs not loading correctly and 7 games not loading ........... along with a Game that I'm a Tester for won't work .. even on reinstall ... So Now I'm 99.99% sure ..it was Not on your end and most likely nothing to do with your Update.

With that said .. Sorry that I might have made you worry for nothing

And hoping to get this resolved soon ... I'm having GAMERS-WITHDRAW

Last time for today .. Sphereii

Taking back to shop on Monday to have them REINSTALL or RESTORE system to what it was and hoping that will resolve my problem that was cause by them removing ASC software .. somehow all of the software must have been linked thru files.

Since I noticed launcher not working .. figured I better start checking other stuff and games .. well at the moment .. I have 2 programs not loading correctly and 7 games not loading ........... along with a Game that I'm a Tester for won't work .. even on reinstall ... So Now I'm 99.99% sure ..it was Not on your end and most likely nothing to do with your Update.

With that said .. Sorry that I might have made you worry for nothing

And hoping to get this resolved soon ... I'm having GAMERS-WITHDRAW

No worries. Still sorry for all the trouble you are having

I'm using the auto-update version of the launcher, and it behaves poorly. For one, why doesn't it install all of the updated files into the same folder you run the program from? Having so many folders scattered around for one program is annoying, especially for those of us with custom folders set up for things. That brings me to number 2, so I don't have yet a third disconnected directory for this program, I change the default folder for mods to a more reasonable one, yet this change gets forgotten the moment I exit and reopen the launcher. Some user friendly folder functionality would go a long way (custom and persistent program directory/mod directory).

For the record, I have no clue where the update file installs all of the program files to, because it literally gives zero feedback in it's update progress. Transparency would be nice.

Hey sphereii,

great job on a great Tool!

I have one addition that would make it easier for folks to manage Savegames. Here's what I do with multiple installations:

Launchoption

-configfile=serverconfigSP.xml

and the xml reads

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<ServerSettings>

<property name="SaveGameFolder" value="<path-to-mod-specific-saves>" />

</ServerSettings>

That way I cant load saves from other mods or versions that dont belong to that mod. Maybe it helps some folks not messing up Saves :)

greetings

Hey sphereii,

I have one addition that would make it easier for folks to manage Savegames. Here's what I do with multiple installations:

Launchoption

-configfile=serverconfigSP.xml

and the xml reads

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ServerSettings>
<property name="SaveGameFolder" value="<path-to-mod-specific-saves>" />
</ServerSettings>

That way I cant load saves from other mods or versions that dont belong to that mod. Maybe it helps some folks not messing up Saves :)

greetings

Wow, it's really handy!! :)

I'm using the auto-update version of the launcher, and it behaves poorly. For one, why doesn't it install all of the updated files into the same folder you run the program from? Having so many folders scattered around for one program is annoying, especially for those of us with custom folders set up for things. That brings me to number 2, so I don't have yet a third disconnected directory for this program, I change the default folder for mods to a more reasonable one, yet this change gets forgotten the moment I exit and reopen the launcher. Some user friendly folder functionality would go a long way (custom and persistent program directory/mod directory).

For the record, I have no clue where the update file installs all of the program files to, because it literally gives zero feedback in it's update progress. Transparency would be nice.

Sorry for the troubles. Let's see if we can get you sorted.

The Mod Launcher is a One-Click Application, and I cannot control where it gets installed. It is a bit annoying. You can download the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe and place it where ever you like, and run it from there. You can add that exe to your Steam as a non-Steam game to get your overlays.

By default, the mod launcher will install in C:\7D2D\. This can be changed, as you found, by changing the Destination folder. It should save that setting. However, it appears it doesn't save or remember for you.

What kind of anti-virus software do you use? I've seen it do strange things to the mod launcher.

The Mod Launcher installs mods for 7 Days to Die, and not just for Starvation, so certain requirements need to be met for all the mods to play well together, even if you only play one.

Hey sphereii,

Launchoption

and the xml reads

greetings

Wow, it's really handy!! :)

This is very awesome. I'm going to add this feature ( optional) in the next release! Thank you very much!

Sorry for the troubles. Let's see if we can get you sorted.

The Mod Launcher is a One-Click Application, and I cannot control where it gets installed. It is a bit annoying. You can download the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe and place it where ever you like, and run it from there. You can add that exe to your Steam as a non-Steam game to get your overlays.

By default, the mod launcher will install in C:\7D2D\. This can be changed, as you found, by changing the Destination folder. It should save that setting. However, it appears it doesn't save or remember for you.

What kind of anti-virus software do you use? I've seen it do strange things to the mod launcher.

The Mod Launcher installs mods for 7 Days to Die, and not just for Starvation, so certain requirements need to be met for all the mods to play well together, even if you only play one.

I don't use active antivirus so that's not the issue. I left the launcher open overnight and when I closed it this morning, it actually saved the setting, but if I change the option and reload, it doesn't actually save the change. I think this might be caused by some sort of delay in when the settings get saved to the drive or something, I dunno. I don't plan on changing it again, so I am fixed in regard to that, but others might encounter this too.

I don't use active antivirus so that's not the issue. I left the launcher open overnight and when I closed it this morning, it actually saved the setting, but if I change the option and reload, it doesn't actually save the change. I think this might be caused by some sort of delay in when the settings get saved to the drive or something, I dunno. I don't plan on changing it again, so I am fixed in regard to that, but others might encounter this too.

Strange. The Mod Launcher uses a windows settings property file that is fairly standard. It's saved as soon as your press Ok in the folder browser. I will keep an eye on it. I hope things are more smoothly now for you.

hi, ive been having issues opening the starvation mod, where it opens the game but only as vanilla. so i deleted all forms of 7D2D on my computer and ive reinstalled the game, but now i cant open the game through the starvation, and when i 'test sync' it comes up saying this

' Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... '

do you know what i could do to fix? i uninstalled the mod launcher and reinstalled and still says the same.

EDIT- ive resolved the warning notice, can get into the game now but it keeps loading in as vanilla?

Edited by vanvalen33 (see edit history)

hi, ive been having issues opening the starvation mod, where it opens the game but only as vanilla. so i deleted all forms of 7D2D on my computer and ive reinstalled the game, but now i cant open the game through the starvation, and when i 'test sync' it comes up saying this

' Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Warning: Invalid Github Repo Detected. Clearing and re-syncing...... Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... '

do you know what i could do to fix? i uninstalled the mod launcher and reinstalled and still says the same.

Sorry for the trouble. We are noticing that some ISPs are filtering github, or otherwise corrupting things. Here's what I suggest trying, in this particular order:

1) Click on Disable SSL, and re-attempt

2) Click on Direct Download, then Test Mod Sync. After that, uncheck, and press Play

If those don't help, then we can look at the logs to see if there's a particular issue that's involved.

Server Failures

Okay, let's do it from the top:

Client:

1) Delete mod in Mod Launcher

2) Re-make it

Done...

Server:

1) Download this: https://github.com/dwallorde/WaroftheWalkersMod---BBM---Github/archive/master.zip

2) Download the Bigger Back Pack mod: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion

3) Extract First Link. Rename the 7DaysToDie_Data folder to 7DaysToDieServer_Data

4) Extract the Bigger Back Pack Mod. Copy the Dedi DLL to the 7DaysToDieServer_data/Managed/ folder, over-writing the Assembly-CSharp.dll

OK. The 72 backpack file is Assembly-CSharp72DEDI.dll and it doesn't overwrite the Assembly-CSharp.dll. Do you erase the Assembly-CSharp.dll?

5) upload to server.

I installed the vanilla server onto my linux box and was able to connect to it confirming that it worked ok. After uploading the files you listed, it would not launch. I tried both using ./startserver.sh as well as trying to create an Instance. When launching the instance it simply says Failed. I don't know why it is failing.

One question i do have is... Do i erase the entire directories on the server and upload the generated ones from the mod launcher or upload the files into the folders? I wish there was a simple installation script for this.

Its Not Responding

Hi, I have used this Launcher plenty of time to play many mods and it works great -Mods like Valmod , War of the Walkers .

So my problem is that when I click on the file "Load Defaults" it starts to load then it come up with "Not Responding".

I have uninstalled it and re-installed it but I'm still getting "Not Responding" . I am not computer savy so this is normally a great way to put Mods on if you are like me so I'm not sure what to do to fix this problem

Cheer Rockape

I installed the vanilla server onto my linux box and was able to connect to it confirming that it worked ok. After uploading the files you listed, it would not launch. I tried both using ./startserver.sh as well as trying to create an Instance. When launching the instance it simply says Failed. I don't know why it is failing.

One question i do have is... Do i erase the entire directories on the server and upload the generated ones from the mod launcher or upload the files into the folders? I wish there was a simple installation script for this.

Usually the mod developer has instructions on how to install the dedicated support. I can only rely on my own experience to try to help people where I can.

Do you have a log file of the error?

Good news Sphereii :)

Morning sphereii,

I wanted to let you know that i got the server up and running somehow.

I do only have one minor issue with inventory descriptions not being there for a couple items.

But I can live with that.

I do appreciate your help. Couldn't have done it without you :smile-new:

Az

Morning sphereii,

I wanted to let you know that i got the server up and running somehow.

I do only have one minor issue with inventory descriptions not being there for a couple items.

But I can live with that.

I do appreciate your help. Couldn't have done it without you :smile-new:

Az

Thats fantastic. Good luck on the server!

Afternoon Sphereii

Got computer back and all seems to be working as it should ....... but 1 thing .. the Auto update for Launcher is kicking In .. what I mean it is showing vers: 1.0.3.16 and the new is (17)

Now it does have the [starvationMod] showing on it which was part of the (17) update, wasn't it??

Is there a way to manual update it?? OR .. What .. if I download the Launcher again and reinstall .. will it merge into existing file and will that work?? ..... Any thoughts

Games run .. just the version is wrong and doesn't have the couple newly added features.

Thank you and Enjoy

Afternoon Sphereii

Got computer back and all seems to be working as it should ....... but 1 thing .. the Auto update for Launcher is kicking In .. what I mean it is showing vers: 1.0.3.16 and the new is (17)

Now it does have the [starvationMod] showing on it which was part of the (17) update, wasn't it??

Is there a way to manual update it?? OR .. What .. if I download the Launcher again and reinstall .. will it merge into existing file and will that work?? ..... Any thoughts

Games run .. just the version is wrong and doesn't have the couple newly added features.

Thank you and Enjoy

You can re-download it to get the latest version. Maybe something is blocking the update. if you are running the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe, it should be able to self-update it.

THANK YOU Sphereii

going to the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe .... did the trick .. WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS .... this Oldman is having a GREAT day now :tickled_pink:

SO FAR .. everything is going good .. Just to let You know .. The maintenance Program ASC and their Malware program was the cause of all troubles ..... but also have the newest Version of Win10 build installed.

Anyway .. Thank you again for all your hard work .. Enjoy the week