The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Hi sphereii. Your mod launcher is awesome. I have been playing Spider's mod for sometime. Something happened and his mod wouldn't run for me anymore maybe due to the 15.2 update. My son applied that mod for me weeks ago. I couldn't reinstall it correctly if I tried. I was thrilled to see that you had True Survival plus other goodies on the launcher. If not for guys like you, Spider, and other modders I would have moved on from 7DTD a long time ago. I can't imagine that all the mods are compatible with each other. How can I determine which mods can be loaded together? Can I add Bad Company to True Survival or War of the Walkers? Thanks for sharing your talents.

Are you using Simple mode? This mode uses your existing Steam install, and the Fun Pimps pushed out 15.2 on Saturday, which likely broke all the mods. Sometimes it takes a bit of time before the mods can be refreshed and updated to be working.

If you are using Advanced mode, it makes a copy of the 7 Days to Die folder, and installs the mod in that folder. Since it's not part of the Steam folder, it won't automatically be updated whenever an update gets pushed to the game, breaking your current mod.

For True Survival, I think Spider has already patched it, so you may want to try it again and see if it works now. If not, let me know, and I can walk you through the steps on how to refresh it.

You are correct, that the mods are not really compatible together. I worked with Valmar and StompyNZ to figure out which mods were able to work together reliably, and have made those combinations available through the Launcher. Things like, Valmod Expansion + CompoPack, etc. Some mods, like Bad Company, have taken pieces of Compo Pack and added it to the mod itself, so there's no need to combine it. True Survival also does this, so adding Compo Pack unto True Survival probably wouldn't work, and wouldn't reflect Spider's intention of his mod.

Large mods like Bad Company, True Survival, and Valmar's mods are not really inter-changeable with each other. They all make a lot of changes to the XML, and those changes would probably conflict.

That being said, that doesn't mean you cannot combine pieces of them together. If you like all the recipes that Valmar's Expansion gives you, but want something that Bad Company does, it'd be an opportunity to dig into modding yourself :)

Im posting this in both dwallorde's war of the walkers thread and sphereii's mod launcher thread...

I got back to playing my war of the walkers world after the 15.2 fun pimps update..

I started overheating, even in the snow biome I was hitting 43c (going by google that is around 109f)..

I decided too try a new world but had the same result.

I noticed on the description section of the mod launcher that it reads as War of The Walkers alpha 15.1 version, does dwallorde have to contact sphereii to upgrade to each latest version of the game ?

Anyway, I though I'd let you guys know the situation.

Im posting this in both dwallorde's war of the walkers thread and sphereii's mod launcher thread...

I got back to playing my war of the walkers world after the 15.2 fun pimps update..

I started overheating, even in the snow biome I was hitting 43c (going by google that is around 109f)..

I decided too try a new world but had the same result.

I noticed on the description section of the mod launcher that it reads as War of The Walkers alpha 15.1 version, does dwallorde have to contact sphereii to upgrade to each latest version of the game ?

Anyway, I though I'd let you guys know the situation.

Thanks for letting me know. I updated his download link. Reloading the Launcher should give the right description and new download.

Thanks for letting me know. I updated his download link. Reloading the Launcher should give the right description and new download.

Thanks for that...

I'll check out the updated version soon.

dwallorde mentioned on his thread that his version 4.3 could be out on friday-ish, so looking forward to playing through the launcher too.

Thanks for that...

I'll check out the updated version soon.

dwallorde mentioned on his thread that his version 4.3 could be out on friday-ish, so looking forward to playing through the launcher too.

Great, I'll keep an eye out for it. Hopefully this weekend will be an exciting weekend for mods :)

New version has been release: 1.0.3.1.

- Updated the UI to be a bit more friendly, I hope.

- Added support for github cloning, for better support in larger mods, like True Survival SDX

- Added persistence for the Disable UNET option; it'll remember your setting last time.

Restart the 7D2D Mod Launcher or click here to download the latest version

I'm trying to use this to play the True Survival Mod from Spider and getting the following error: http://i.imgur.com/fVeuuNL.png

Anyone able to help?

Syncing for the first time takes a long time. Did you at any point close it before it finished? If so, close the application, and use Task Manager to make sure no other instance of 7D2D Mod Launcher.

Then Delete the mod, and start a fresh install.

I am having the same problem. no instances of the mod launcher after closing it. deleted the mod 3 times and it still gives me this error

Hmm, let's try to figure this out.

Can you press the WindowsKey + R, which should bring up a Run command box, then copy and paste this:

%APPDATA%\..\Local\Temp\7D2DLauncher.txt

This will open the Mod Launcher's log file.

Hold down CTRL, and press the A key to Select All.

Then CTRL + C to copy.

Then, go to pastebin.com

In the New Paste, click inside the box

CTRL + V to paste.

Click on Create New Paste

Pass the Robot Check

Then copy and paste the URL that it gives you, and send me that link.

http://pastebin.com/7YKSgPWK

ofc now it works.....

I'm glad it works for you. It was trying to download from github, but that's all we know at this time. If your internet connection can be spotty, it may fail more often. Github is fairly reliable, but it has been known to go down from time to time.

Let me know if you have any other issues

How do I delete the launcher from my PC. I cant find where it stored the program. It only shows the short cut but not where it saved the file.

I cant get the program to work and would rather just uninstall it.

No problem. You can remove it through Windows' Add and Remove Programs, available through the Control Panel.

What seems be the issue that you are having with it, so that I can do future improvements?

Hello sphereii. I have two questions for you. Does your mod launcher update itself? Is there a way to load more than one mod simultaneously? Let me know when you can thanks.

The Launcher does try to update automatically every time you start. If you have added the Mod Launcher to Steam, as a non-Steam game, for the overlay, sometimes it will get blocked. If you use the 7D2DModLauncher.exe, and add that to Steam, it will get its update. Current version is 1.0.3.1.

If you are using Advanced Mode, which is recommended, you can install and configure all the listed Mods, and play them separately. Then, you can simply select which Mod you want to play, and hit the Play button. All the mods are separated, so they will not conflict.

Simple Mode is a bit of a different story. It'll try to swap out mods, but admittedly, does not do a very good job on the more complex mods that involve DLL changes.

So far I have tried 2 mods (SDX - headbangers and PowerMod) with no luck I am trying the True Survival now .. maybe I'll have better luck.

Side question - is there an easy way to know (find out) what mods are on what servers or do I have to hunt down the website for each server I want to play on?

So far I have tried 2 mods (SDX - headbangers and PowerMod) with no luck I am trying the True Survival now .. maybe I'll have better luck.

Side question - is there an easy way to know (find out) what mods are on what servers or do I have to hunt down the website for each server I want to play on?

Hey Snowdog

The HeadBangers and PowerMod SDX Mods are for Alpha 14.7, and have not been updated to use the newer release. Some of the SDX mods do have a version set, but you would have to select the Download From Steam option in order for them to work. I have thought about removing them, however, there are people still playing on them, so I've kept them around.

The only SDX Mod that currently setup is Spider's True Survival SDX. This is a WIP, and so isn't a complete standalone mod. You will need to connect to Spider's server for the full effect.

As for your side question, unfortunately there isn't many options available. Dawn of the Apocalypse (DONA)(Forum Fanatics) has an entry in the Mod Launcher, that will download their custom mod.

Unless a server owner reaches out to me, it's difficult to know which mods they are using. For instance, if a server is running Valmod Overhaul, and Valmar releases a new version of his mod, the server may not immediately jump up to the new version.

DONA and Spider maintain their own download links, and can make sure that their server and mod download are in sync. But without participation from the server administrator, it's best-guess only.

Hi sphereii i am also having the same problem with Copying. Here it is http://pastebin.com/Aw2YYegy . Also when i try to play on Spiders Server I keep getting the console thrown down on me. Im new to mods , Thank you

Sorry, I missed your message earlier. It looks like you are using Simple Mode. While that's not a problem, it will cause problems for you if you want to play vanilla or different Mods.

So let's fix you up. We'll need to delete your 7 Days to Die, and redownload.

In Steam:

1) Right click on 7 Days to Die, then click on Properties

2) Click on The LOCAL FILES tab, then click on BROWSE LOCAL FILES...

3) Single click on 7DaysToDie_EAC to highlight it, then hold down the CTRL button, while hitting A

3) When all files are selected, release CTRL, and hold down SHIFT, then tap the Delete. This will remove all your 7 Days to Die files

4) Back in the 7 Days to Die - Properties, click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES

5) This will re-download a fresh copy of 7 Days to Die.

Once that's complete, open up the 7D2DModLauncher.

In the center of the screen, you should see Destination Folder For Mods. This is the location where all your mods will be installed too. This folder will keep all your mods seperated. By default, it's C:\MyMods\, but you can change it to whatever you like by clicking on the Blue folder.

Next, click on Spider, then True Survival SDX.

Choose Copy from an existing Copy*, which should already have selected your Steam install, then click on Install Mod.

Once that's complete, you should have a Play Mod button. Click on that, and let the mod download. It needs to download about 500 megs, so it may take awhile. After it downloads, it will launch.

I did all that

Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Prefabs ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Copying \TempMods\Config.xml to \Config.xml... Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie_EAC.exe -sdxconfig=\\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\settings.ini -nounet... Done

And 7d2d Started up but now its just a black Screen

I did all that

Clone Mode Detected. No previous GIT exist. Recloning... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Prefabs ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Copying \TempMods\Config.xml to \Config.xml... Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie_EAC.exe -sdxconfig=\\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\settings.ini -nounet... Done

And 7d2d Started up but now its just a black Screen

Nvm its works xD, Thanks so much man , you are the best im always looking for people to play with! thanks for all your hard work

Thanks Dreivan. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

For others seeing your issue, it looks like Dreivan started to play Spider's True Survival SDX, and chose to Enabled EAC. SDX Mods, since they change the game's DLL, is not EAC compatiable, so you will need to leave it unchecked :)