The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Hi I eventually got a12 installed, sort of anyway, using your advice..

I start the game and pick a seed name and change some settings, as the world is about to load I get null reference from the console and have to alt del to end 7dtd..

Ive tried using vac and without eac.. Also tried a random gen world and nav.. but the null appears and halts the world from loading.

Any ideas how to fix it ? Thanks.

EDIT: Im using advanced.

After you get the error, would you mind going into the View Menu, and click on Log Files. Select the Game's output log from the drop down, and click on Upload log. Then copy and paste the URL that it gives you, and I'll look it over.

Stompy added a new version of bad company with zombies only. https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompany/releases/tag/v1.1.2

Would it be possible to add a selection with all three mods together?

which three mods were you thinking? Some mods work together well, like the Compo Pack + Valmar, since they don't overlap any files. StompyNZ's 1.1.2 version will probably overlap some files with Valmar, but not sure how important they are.

I wanted to add the new bad company zombie only, valmod and compo mods. I think I managed to load them all, using the local download of trhe new bad company zombie only mod, and it created the world and launched fine. I did see new prefabs and new zombies, as well as the valmod overhaul changes, so I think I mailed that properly.

I created a new my mod to add the badco zombie mod.. is that the proper way to do that?

I can see all three mods activated..how do you turn them off, if say I want to add use the valmod enhancement instead of the complete overhaul? I tried right clicking and looking at options, but I didn;t see a way to disable or unload one of them.

Thanks SOI much for the assistance.. it looks like this will add some feshness to the title!

I wanted to add the new bad company zombie only, valmod and compo mods. I think I managed to load them all, using the local download of trhe new bad company zombie only mod, and it created the world and launched fine. I did see new prefabs and new zombies, as well as the valmod overhaul changes, so I think I mailed that properly.

I created a new my mod to add the badco zombie mod.. is that the proper way to do that?

I can see all three mods activated..how do you turn them off, if say I want to add use the valmod enhancement instead of the complete overhaul? I tried right clicking and looking at options, but I didn;t see a way to disable or unload one of them.

Thanks SOI much for the assistance.. it looks like this will add some feshness to the title!

The My Mods feature allows you to specify multiple download links. The Launcher will download and copy the files, in the listed order.

So if you wanted to include each one, you can copy and paste each github download links from each one into your My Mods Download.

If you wanted to remove one, you could just Edit your my mod to remove the links you didn't want.

Once you have something you like, and want to share, you can right click on your new My Mod, and select "Copy My Mod to Clipboard". This copies the XML string used to for it. Then you can use pastebin.com or textuploader.com, and paste it into a new document. Make some final tweaks on the name, and save it.

Then you can copy and paste the RAW URL for the pastebin or textuploader.com, and people can use that path in the "Open URL" feature, allowing people to play your combination.

Cool, and makes sense. If I want to change a mod and use that, I assumed I could load a local zip file, but that doesn't appear to work. Do I need to upload it to github and then use that link?

(I *think* I removed the additional zombie animals from badCompanys new xzombie addition mod, but Am still too new using the mod launcher to figure out how to add a local folder or zip as a mod I can load along with other mods)

Sorry if this is redundant info you've already repeated 50 times for others.. LOL!

Cool, and makes sense. If I want to change a mod and use that, I assumed I could load a local zip file, but that doesn't appear to work. Do I need to upload it to github and then use that link?

(I *think* I removed the additional zombie animals from badCompanys new xzombie addition mod, but Am still too new using the mod launcher to figure out how to add a local folder or zip as a mod I can load along with other mods)

Sorry if this is redundant info you've already repeated 50 times for others.. LOL!

No worries. It does require a remote download link. A free account at github.com, or mediafire.com will work for you.

I must not be understanding how to make these work together properly.

Lets say I want to play with the valmod/compo combo, and bad company. Once the mod is green, it has a folder created. If I create a folder for another mod thats also green, are they merged together so when you start a game both are activated? I *thought* thats what was going on, but I just tried it again and didn't see the additional zombies in the bad company mod.

I've been messing with this since about 9am today, and I'm going to give it a rest for remainer of today. I can get one mod working but not two together for some reason.

The new bad company zombies only mod he added yesterday also has 3x the number of zombies, and it slowed my system down to 1 fps... I'm trying to adjust that as well, and pretty much trying to do way too much at a time.

Its not the tools or methods, its trying to learn too many at once.

Edited by Gareee (see edit history)

I must not be understanding how to make these work together properly.

Lets say I want to play with the valmod/compo combo, and bad company. Once the mod is green, it has a folder created. If I create a folder for another mod thats also green, are they merged together so when you start a game both are activated? I *thought* thats what was going on, but I just tried it again and didn't see the additional zombies in the bad company mod.

I've been messing with this since about 9am today, and I'm going to give it a rest for remainer of today. I can get one mod working but not two together for some reason.

The new bad company zombies only mod he added yesterday also has 3x the number of zombies, and it slowed my system down to 1 fps... I'm trying to adjust that as well, and pretty much trying to do way too much at a time.

Its not the tools or methods, its trying to learn too many at once.

Sorry, I missed your first post on this.

So using the Advanced mode, the Launcher will create a new folder for each individual Mod you want to play. This means the Launcher will either Download From Steam (useful for getting clean installs, older alphas, etc), or copy from Local, which would just make a copy of your existing Steam install. Once the Launcher creates this copy, then your icon will turn Green, indicating that it found 7DaysToDie.exe.

From there, it'll download the corresponding file(s) for each mod you want to play. So if you are doing a valmod + Compo pack, you'll have a separate copy of the game. If you just roll with Valmod, then it'll be a new folder.

Now, if you are trying to mix the three mods together, you could get conflicts. Things like you'll have the CompoPack downloaded, but it may use Bad Company's rwgmixer (used to populate the world), but using valmar's spawning.xml. This could cause it to be confused.

From what I read, the new bad co zombies only mod only adds the new zombie types, so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

I got all three working together fine after changing some old things in the new bad company zombie mod. (He was spawning so many zombies that framerate drop to 1fps!)

I'd post it, but odds are I mucked something up somewhere, and am not sure how to verify everything is right.

After you get the error, would you mind going into the View Menu, and click on Log Files. Select the Game's output log from the drop down, and click on Upload log. Then copy and paste the URL that it gives you, and I'll look it over.

Hi, Im new at this, hopefully this is what you need, and thanks for attempting to help me with this issue !

http://pastebin.com/GaUDSiw5

Hi, Im new at this, hopefully this is what you need, and thanks for attempting to help me with this issue !

http://pastebin.com/GaUDSiw5

No problem for the attempts to help. And that's exactly what I wanted.

SlotLibrary: Unable to find: unisex_hair_dreads loaded slot count: 89

at SlotLibrary.InstantiateSlot (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at EModelUMA.DefineBaseSlots (.EntityClass _ec) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at EModelUMA.DefineSlots (.EntityClass _ec) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at EModelUMA.GenerateOneUMA (.EntityClass _ec) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at EModelUMA.createModel (.World _world, .EntityClass _ec) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at EModelBase.Init (.World _world, .Entity _entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Entity.createEModel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Entity.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at EntityAlive.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at EntityPlayer.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at EntityPlayerLocal.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (.EntityCreationData _ecd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at GameManager.FG () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at GameManager.StartGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ConnectionManager.Net_ServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at NetworkCommon.StartServers (System.String _password) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at NGuiWdwNewGame.NGuiButtonOnClick (UnityEngine.Transform _t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at NGuiButtonOnClickHandler.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)

UICamera:Notify(GameObject, String, Object)

UICamera:ProcessTouch(Boolean, Boolean)

UICamera:ProcessMouse()

UICamera:ProcessTouches()

UICamera:Update()

That's the error message you are getting. Looks like some UMA zombie cannot find its dreadlocks.

Which Mod were you trying to get installed?

Edited by sphereii (see edit history)

No problem for the attempts to help. And that's exactly what I wanted.

That's the error message you are getting. Looks like some UMA zombie cannot find its dreadlocks.

Which Mod were you trying to get installed?

Hi Im trying to install alpha 12.5 through the launcher, no other mods with it.

EDIT: I have both valmod exp and oh installed in a seperate folder, would tihs effect the 12.5 install in anyway ?

Edited by TempusFugit
Adding info (see edit history)

Gotcha.

Looks like you installed the Mod under: E:\Program_Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\7_Days_To_Die\7DTD_M_Launcher\7Days2Mod\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_12.5\

That should be fine, but maybe try changing your Destination Folder for Mods: to something a little shorter, like E:\7Days\ or the likes, and try to re-sync. It looks like the game is getting confused between the two different versions of the game.

Hi again, I installed to E:\7Days but unfortunately still get null ref's, Im thinking I should uninstall valmod and try again, then reinstall valmod ?

Here is the latest logfile just incase theres something in it in the meantime.

E:\7Days

http://pastebin.com/LC5UMcxk

Edited by TempusFugit
forgot logfile (see edit history)

Hi again, I installed to E:\7Days but unfortunately still get null ref's, Im thinking I should uninstall valmod and try again, then reinstall valmod ?

Here is the latest logfile just incase theres something in it in the meantime.

E:\7Days

http://pastebin.com/LC5UMcxk

Thanks for the log file. Same results out of that one.

When you created your new Alpha 12.5 version, did you choose Download From Steam or did you Copy From Local?

Hi again, I chose Download From Steam.

Okay, I just tested, and seems to be working on my end. So let's try to figure out what's going on. Here are the steps of what you should expect to see. Let me know which step doesn't sound right:

After you enter in your username and password for Steam, in the Download From Steam option, and click on the Copy button, a message box saying that Steam will be restarted will pop up.

After that, a DOS box will pop up, and do a little update for the SteamCMD, then try to log you in. At this point, if this is the first time you are doing it, it will ask you for your Steam Guard code. This should be found in your email that you used to register for Steam. If you do not have Steam Guard, then you should enable it.

After successfully entering in the Steam Guard code, the download should begin. Depending on your download speed, this could take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.

If you look at the new folder after that, you should see something like this:

IeqL6hZl.png

Notice the Green 7 icon, while the newer ones is Red.

Yeah @sphereii, thats the exact process I did, and got the older style 12.5 7 icon in the folder...

I clicked play on the launcher and 12.5 started up with the old style screen menu ingame ect...

The only problem I was getting after entering a seed name was just as the world was about to load I would get constant null refs...

Just curious if you tried to start a 12.5 world to see if it loads for you ok ?

Yeah @sphereii, thats the exact process I did, and got the older style 12.5 7 icon in the folder...

I clicked play on the launcher and 12.5 started up with the old style screen menu ingame ect...

The only problem I was getting after entering a seed name was just as the world was about to load I would get constant null refs...

Just curious if you tried to start a 12.5 world to see if it loads for you ok ?

Yup. I started a new world, and was able to log into it. Was your game world name unique from all others on your computer? The older alphas used a different path, I think, for saved games.

Question: to replicate what I have on one local system on our network here to the two other systems, what all needs to be relocated? (Keeping in mind I have a new mymod that uses my own changes of the badco zombie only mod)

I'd like to be able to start the server on one system, and then conect to that with the other two systems.. I can do that now with the server launcher, but I've never tried it with mods.