The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Same here. Just downloaded it and same error. A note when I looked at installed modlets I only had to installed. Before modlauncher update I had probably 20 modlets installed and it worked like a charm. And thanks for your help.

Do you know if you tried with 2.1.8?

Yes I am using 2.8. I just updated to it. I looked at the modlets and it looks like they are all back. Some of them required updates but the updates failed and just when I thought it would work the same .dmt error.

Could you re-clarify your issue again? I may be chasing the wrong bug.

Just noted an update to the launcher, now at 2.1.8.

I now get this error when starting.....

https://imgur.com/k8eBp4x

I can ignore it and I think that it works ok, but the error at starting happens each time.

1420648394_ModLauncher.jpg.698bc360d7a6678abc0b6df4ffbd3a9d.jpg

I have no extra security running. Windows 10 firewall has had its rules reset to the default.

In fact disabling Windows Firewall does nothing to prevent that error.

Edited by Dibbler (see edit history)

Just noted an update to the launcher, now at 2.1.8.

I now get this error when starting.....

https://imgur.com/k8eBp4x

I can ignore it and I think that it works ok, but the error at starting happens each time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30588[/ATTACH]

I have no extra security running. Windows 10 firewall has had its rules reset to the default.

In fact disabling Windows Firewall does nothing to prevent that error.

Thanks for the error. Seems like something is keeping the file open. No other instance of the mod launcher? Does the issue happen on a clean reboot? Maybe I should just skip saving the file to filesystem, but that's not ideal.

Thanks for the error. Seems like something is keeping the file open. No other instance of the mod launcher? Does the issue happen on a clean reboot? Maybe I should just skip saving the file to filesystem, but that's not ideal.

I rebooted the PC and tried from fresh. The same error message preceded the launch of the launcher. Each subsequent launching would also produce that error. Only one instance of the launcher is being used at any one time.

Not sure if this helps.....

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 16/11/2019 12:38:05 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: d:\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading d:/steam\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote Server:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Done reading remote server list.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download Database from Primary

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Primary Download Site failed: System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\morga\AppData\Local\Temp\ModLauncher.sqlite' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.DownloadNewDatabase() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 202

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Trying Mirror...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Primary and MIrror site unavailable: System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\morga\AppData\Local\Temp\ModLauncher.sqlite' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.DownloadNewDatabase() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 208

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdater

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdaterDotNET.UpdateInfoEventArgs

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Logo: System.Drawing.Bitmap

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

Edited by Dibbler (see edit history)

I rebooted the PC and tried from fresh. The same error message preceded the launch of the launcher. Each subsequent launching would also produce that error. Only one instance of the launcher is being used at any one time.

Not sure if this helps.....

Thank you. Seems that some Windows installs are locking the file, and I'm not sure why. I am pushing 2.1.9 now to more aggressively free up the file. Would you mine re-trying and seeing if it improves?

Thank you. Seems that some Windows installs are locking the file, and I'm not sure why. I am pushing 2.1.9 now to more aggressively free up the file. Would you mine re-trying and seeing if it improves?

I have just ran through the update process (that is somewhat messy btw but I'll not get sidetracked) and now I'm on the 2.1.9 build and it seems perfect.

I have started and then restrated it several times and no more error message, well done :)

I have just ran through the update process (that is somewhat messy btw but I'll not get sidetracked) and now I'm on the 2.1.9 build and it seems perfect.

I have started and then restrated it several times and no more error message, well done :)

Installer is a package system I have, I'm not sure what kind of flexibility I have with it. What is it specifically that is messy for you?

Installer is a package system I have, I'm not sure what kind of flexibility I have with it. What is it specifically that is messy for you?

I'll try and remember what occurred, not just in this latest instance but in previous ones using the updater...

First you try and launch the launcher to then be greeted by.....

795805115_Update1.jpg.60fc95db1afc475ce4a6001e761482bb.jpg

https://imgur.com/HgtD49f

you then agree to start the update. In my opinion the process of first trying to launch the launcher should then be killed as what happens is the update is downloading whilst in the background the launcher continues to launch and then inform you again of an update which is available to install. If you agree to download it then you have two downloads and installs occurring. If you cancel the second notification typically the original download of the update is now ready to install. The installation process fails as it is part way through the update process as it recognises that the launcher is running. So you have to manually close down that running launcher to continue, which it then does.

Hope that you can follow and make sense of that :)

I'll try and remember what occurred, not just in this latest instance but in previous ones using the updater...

First you try and launch the launcher to then be greeted by.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30590[/ATTACH]

https://imgur.com/HgtD49f

you then agree to start the update. In my opinion the process of first trying to launch the launcher should then be killed as what happens is the update is downloading whilst in the background the launcher continues to launch and then inform you again of an update which is available to install. If you agree to download it then you have two downloads and installs occurring. If you cancel the second notification typically the original download of the update is now ready to install. The installation process fails as it is part way through the update process as it recognises that the launcher is running. So you have to manually close down that running launcher to continue, which it then does.

Hope that you can follow and make sense of that :)

I can try to sort out some of those. As I had said, it's not really my code that is running the process, so I'll have to investigate on if I can do any improvements on its workflow. Thank you for your feed back.

I can try to sort out some of those. As I had said, it's not really my code that is running the process, so I'll have to investigate on if I can do any improvements on its workflow. Thank you for your feed back.

You are welcome, just trying to help :)

I removed the latest 2.1.9 fully and then I have an old version which I installed. This time I decided to record the update procedure and it worked fine without issue.

Perhaps the latest two incremental updates triggered what I wrote, but what I have just done seemed fine.

When you next push an update I'll note how it behaves and if it repeats that problematic sequence I'll let you know.

I wouldn't bother looking at this stage for an error which may not exist.

I'm getting an error when I attempt to update/install a mod that says - Unable to create pristine install stream (svn checkout error).

Below is my log file

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/16/2019 2:21:18 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: d:\games\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading d:/games/steam\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: E:\\Games\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote Server:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Done reading remote server list.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download Database from Primary

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdater

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdaterDotNET.UpdateInfoEventArgs

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Downloading https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/trunk/0-SphereIICore/

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Fixing potential case sensitivity issues

INFO 6 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Downloading https://github.com/7D2D/A18DMTMods/trunk/Xyth_Bandits/

INFO 6 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Downloading https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/trunk/0-SphereIICore/

INFO 6 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Fixing potential case sensitivity issues

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Downloading https://github.com/Sirillion/SMXmenu/trunk/SMXmenu/

INFO 4 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Downloading https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/trunk/0-SphereIICore/

INFO 4 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Fixing potential case sensitivity issues

INFO 6 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Downloading https://github.com/7D2D/A18DMTMods/trunk/Xyth_Bandits/

INFO 6 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Downloading https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/trunk/0-SphereIICore/

INFO 6 _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader - Fixing potential case sensitivity issues

I have used all 3 exe files where my modded game is located and none of them are recognizing my current modded game. They are recognizing other saved games which is weird. Just an FYI

This is probably because in the Mod Launcher, you had "Save Game Local To mod" enabled, which changes where the modded files go, so you don't accidentally load the wrong save with the wrong mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Just used 2.9 and getting the same:

DMT Scripts Detected.

Downloading DMT...

SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

DMT not available. Download failed.

Can't I launch my game without the modlauncher. Can't I just use the .exe file?

Do you have a log file for this error?

So can I circumvent using the modlauncher play button? And yes you are correct they are saved in a different spot. I tried moving the save to the other folder and that didn't work.

Attached log file

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I think I attached it. Format is a little different since the last time I did this.

Could be something with the Alpha 17 code. I will revert to Alpha17 and try.

Good Day Sphereii

Been awhile .. gotten use to the cold weather yet? I'm not ready .. 3-4 blankets on the bed, lol.

Anyway .. I was wondering what is with the Graff Modlet .. it takes forever to download and install

I tried the other day and started at [ 3:46 load game folder .. 3:49 pre-sync / cloning started at 4:08 / pre-sync completed at 4:28 and into game menu at 4:38 ] and then on to a 8K map another maybe 10-15 minutes .. that is a lot longer than any of the other mods normally take and do you know if it is ready for A 18.1 b 8 or just experimental still. It has a good balance of Modlets inside of it, Just takes forever to install.

Thank you .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

Good Day Sphereii

Been awhile .. gotten use to the cold weather yet? I'm not ready .. 3-4 blankets on the bed, lol.

Anyway .. I was wondering what is with the Graff Modlet .. it takes forever to download and install

I tried the other day and started at [ 3:46 load game folder .. 3:49 pre-sync / cloning started at 4:08 / pre-sync completed at 4:28 and into game menu at 4:38 ] and then on to a 8K map another maybe 10-15 minutes .. that is a lot longer than any of the other mods normally take and do you know if it is ready for A 18.1 b 8 or just experimental still. It has a good balance of Modlets inside of it, Just takes forever to install.

Thank you .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

Looking at the hosting site, the mod is about 3G in size. It looks like it was updated a few days ago.