The game lacks space. Rocket construction.

cgw

28 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

So it wouldn't be ENTIRELY impossible the modders have an endgame (or devs)

heheh...I would say that this wording would be bit more realistic. :)

Even more realistic would be to play 7 Days to Die first and once you reached the point of survivability and are thriving...load up Empyrion and start playing that. 

And in either game if you die even once, load up Valheim and play that... ;)

From zombie apocalypse to space to viking hell. What single game could be better?

On 9/15/2021 at 1:37 AM, Darklegend222 said:

I think it would be an amazing implementation for the endgame when the game goes gold.

In the dev livestream they were talking about meeting the duke and what not, being able to leave the planet and go to a government safe zone on a different planet would be amazing.

It would be rather interesting since the game Outriders was based on resources running out and they had to go to a completely different planet which had earth-like resources to rebuild.

So it wouldn't be ENTIRELY impossible the devs have an endgame (or modders) that the player leaves the planet in a cutscene to live on another one. Just unlikely, but a genuinely good concept in endgame terms.

I would hate this for several reasons. For one, I imagine something like this would be almost impossible for MP. For two, I would hate to spend countless hours gathering weapons/tools/resources/skill pts to build a base only to find out I completed the game before it's even finished. And instead of being able to kick back and admire hours of work I'm suddenly taken to a final cut-scene, and that's it....it's over. That would drive me nuts.

Most importantly, there's already an "end game" (indestructible base, ton of resources, skill pts make you a super human fitted with the best weapons/tools/armor, etc). The difference between this and your suggestion is that it's up to the user to determine when the game is finally over, as opposed to being forced. I personally like having options and flexibility.

Yes, the game becomes boring after you reach a certain point, but there are literally dozens of different ways to extend the gameplay by making it harder to reach the "end game" thru different options, mods, restricting yourself to a set of rules, a little of each, overhaul mods, etc. The options are virtually endless. And from what I understand, the vanilla settings are going to be even more flexible in A20.

For example, in SP, the game is over me after about 30 days on default settings, but I can change this to make games last 90+ days. I'm currently playing SP vanilla with these settings and restrictions..... I'm on day 42 and still no where close to being finished. It took me 20ish days just to get a damn bicycle.

-- Kinggen RGW 6k map w/ only 2 traders + 3 mods (larger wandering hordes/increased zombie spawn/MD 500 heli)

--Permadeath

--16 hr + 90 min days + max 3 land claim blocks

-- 64 Z's + Warrior (sprint day, nightmare for everything else)

-- BM every 4 days w/ 2 day range + no warning

-- 25% XP and loot, resources 50%, no air drops, no loot respawn

-- No starting skill pts after the tutorial (xml edit)

-- Have to max out one entire skill tree at a time before choosing another
(ex. Everything under Strength has to be maxed out before unlocking anything under intelect or agility, and so forth)

These minor changes alone prolong the game for me. The new POIs are going to make it even more interesting.

3 hours ago, Sal said:

I would hate this for several reasons. For one, I imagine something like this would be almost impossible for MP. For two, I would hate to spend countless hours gathering weapons/tools/resources/skill pts to build a base only to find out I completed the game before it's even finished. And instead of being able to kick back and admire hours of work I'm suddenly taken to a final cut-scene, and that's it....it's over. That would drive me nuts.

Most importantly, there's already an "end game" (indestructible base, ton of resources, skill pts make you a super human fitted with the best weapons/tools/armor, etc). The difference between this and your suggestion is that it's up to the user to determine when the game is finally over, as opposed to being forced. I personally like having options and flexibility.

Yes, the game becomes boring after you reach a certain point, but there are literally dozens of different ways to extend the gameplay by making it harder to reach the "end game" thru different options, mods, restricting yourself to a set of rules, a little of each, overhaul mods, etc. The options are virtually endless. And from what I understand, the vanilla settings are going to be even more flexible in A20.

For example, in SP, the game is over me after about 30 days on default settings, but I can change this to make games last 90+ days. I'm currently playing SP vanilla with these settings and restrictions..... I'm on day 42 and still no where close to being finished. It took me 20ish days just to get a damn bicycle.

-- Kinggen RGW 6k map w/ only 2 traders + 3 mods (larger wandering hordes/increased zombie spawn/MD 500 heli)

--Permadeath

--16 hr + 90 min days + max 3 land claim blocks

-- 64 Z's + Warrior (sprint day, nightmare for everything else)

-- BM every 4 days w/ 2 day range + no warning

-- 25% XP and loot, resources 50%, no air drops, no loot respawn

-- No starting skill pts after the tutorial (xml edit)

-- Have to max out one entire skill tree at a time before choosing another
(ex. Everything under Strength has to be maxed out before unlocking anything under intelect or agility, and so forth)

These minor changes alone prolong the game for me. The new POIs are going to make it even more interesting.

A cutscene doesn't end your save mate. It would finish the quest and you can continue playing navezgane or whatever else you were doing.

I'm not sure if you've been keeping up with the dev streans, but they are adding endgame quests, and they've said you can do previous tier quests, for example tier 2 quests if you've unlocked tier 4. 

A lot of games allow you to continue after you do the final cutscene or final mission, i don't see why this would be any different.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:35 PM, cgw said:

The game is beautiful, and many see this game differently than the developers planned to make it, thanks to the gorgeous game settings. The game pleased everyone.
But when you have everything, the game becomes boring.
maybe you still look towards space travel, with a real solar system.
Even Minecraft has Galactic Craft and Extra Planets in the form of mods.
Maybe you also implement space in your game with a real solar system.
It will be something wrong. That will give the game a new ray of light.lin

I'd also add Pirates! :madgrin:

Last I remember, haven't modded this game in years, height was in a single byte. That only allows 256 spaces. The game is still 256 levels from absolute bottom to top.

Lets have fun and up that to a DWORD. That would give us 4,294,967,295 levels from bottom to top.  In scale, that wouldn't even get us into orbit. A QWORD might get orbit, but not to the moon. The closest planet would be further than any number native to a computer. In this voxel scale.

You could warp to another planet. Forget the distance between. Then it's just another Navezgane.