A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

The town names are not part of the world-files. The internal generator probably makes them only for the preview. But its not used in the game in any way. (would be fun if it did)

I could generate a name for every settlement (on the preview map), but that would not be visible in the game.

Having issues with joining different servers using Nitrogen created maps. Having to download map every time we join. Searching thru the saves local, looks like they are all trying to save to same Hashnamed folder... DE4B5E... also seeing the same number inside the main.ttw file. Just wondering if this is hardcoded or can be randomized to avoid this issue.

Having issues with joining different servers using Nitrogen created maps. Having to download map every time we join. Searching thru the saves local, looks like they are all trying to save to same Hashnamed folder... DE4B5E... also seeing the same number inside the main.ttw file. Just wondering if this is hardcoded or can be randomized to avoid this issue.

The main.ttw is not generated unique.

You could make a small 4k map in RWG, and just replace the NitroGen main.ttw with the new main.ttw (the size does not matter), if you have issues with non uniqueness.

Hey Damocles,

could you maybe add the last update date to your download or write a increased version number in the download name?

Currently i cant really see if you changed/updated your tool for A18 without downloading and comparing the files with my version.

Cheers

I can add some more zones to the list if you need it.

Your Asia POIs for example could be assigned to one of the town zones. This will spawn a settlement just with asian style POIs.

Or a 50/50 mix of Asian style and normal POIs like gas stations.

- - - Updated - - -

The splat3.png is not all that diffent to A17. You can use the splatfixer tool in NitroGen to either convert a self edited splat to the correct format, OR make a correct splat image viewable again.

The generated splats are PNG.

The game will later process them into 2 TGA images. (one for roads, one for dirt-texture used at the water locations)

Basically, make a black image, paint red and green lines for the roads. Then use the splatfixer for the final game version.

Not quite sure what the blue channel is used for. Could be for water areas. In any case, RWG also almost never uses that channel either.

Damocles,

What is the best settings to get vanilla type city structure? I have played around with NITROGEN settings. But I keep getting a lot of empty city blocks (more than expected), and roads that don't make sense. two roads side by side with 1 block width between them. Roads in the city that turn and abruptly end.

I also have compo 40 installed, and don't minds having extra POI's. I actually desire them. But the unnatural city blocks, weird roads, and ending roads is the only thing keeping me from switching to NITROgen'd worlds.

War and Peace,

UnknownSoldier

Guest egosumumbravir

Fantastic tool, but a suggestion if I may?

An option to generate "X" numbers of maps?

So I can ask Nitrogen to spit out, say 20 maps in sequentially numbered folders while I make coffee/breakfast/whatever and then I can sort through and pick my favorite :)

Damocles,

What is the best settings to get vanilla type city structure? I have played around with NITROGEN settings. But I keep getting a lot of empty city blocks (more than expected), and roads that don't make sense. two roads side by side with 1 block width between them. Roads in the city that turn and abruptly end.

I also have compo 40 installed, and don't minds having extra POI's. I actually desire them. But the unnatural city blocks, weird roads, and ending roads is the only thing keeping me from switching to NITROgen'd worlds.

War and Peace,

UnknownSoldier

Im still improving on the inner city road blocks. But its not the same aproach RWG takes.

The most similar layout would be the setting "city grid: wide", to have regular city blocks. I also want to have the roads appear to have a decayed and overgrown look.

On the plus side: there will be way less sudden bumps and drops in the "long distance" roads than RWG in terrain with lots of elevation changes.

Basically: RWG has currently the nicer inner-city roads (if you like a regular block layout), but NitroGen has less issues on the long distance roads.

Also check if you have the newest version (0.442), as the long distance roads take more smooth curves now.

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic tool, but a suggestion if I may?

An option to generate "X" numbers of maps?

So I can ask Nitrogen to spit out, say 20 maps in sequentially numbered folders while I make coffee/breakfast/whatever and then I can sort through and pick my favorite :)

Since I can now store the UI settings in a config, I can add a batch support. So this type of task could be realized via a simple batch script.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Im still improving on the inner city road blocks. But its not the same aproach RWG takes.

The most similar layout would be the setting "city grid: wide", to have regular city blocks. I also want to have the roads appear to have a decayed and overgrown look.

On the plus side: there will be way less sudden bumps and drops in the "long distance" roads than RWG in terrain with lots of elevation changes.

Basically: RWG has currently the nicer inner-city roads (if you like a regular block layout), but NitroGen has less issues on the long distance roads.

Also check if you have the newest version (0.442), as the long distance roads take more smooth curves now.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I can now store the UI settings in a config, I can add a batch support. So this type of task could be realized via a simple batch script.

Could you leave the smooth nice roads in as an option please for those whom like the smooth roads

This may be posted already, but if not here is this color key. may be user friendly to have this in the Main Post

houses

mountain

alone

farm

citycenter

industrial

trader

carlot

OMG please add this to the front page

I was reading page per page looking for this info lol

btw what an AMAZING work, thank you so much!

Hey guys, i have recently tried nitrogen generator and they pretty cool but having one major issue with them. When using 7day generator I don't get this issue but with nitrogen generated world i get the fake texture bug show up. Its basically starts in ok then when you leave the area the textures start to mess up and fake textures appear. Loading back in fixes it temporary but as soon as leave the area it starts to cause textures bugs. From what I can see it only happens on POI'S. I do remember seeing this bug in alpha 17. Is there a fix for it or something i need to do? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hello Damocles,

Allow me to thank you for this amazing tool! Really a joy to play with and greatly enhances the game, I'm in love and spend way to much time playing around with it. It seems that the config.txt file is only read at start of the program, would it be possible to have it reload on each generation so that you don't have to restart it to test new "back scene" variables?

Cheers and thank you!

This may be posted already, but if not here is this color key. may be user friendly to have this in the Main Post

houses

mountain

alone

farm

citycenter

industrial

trader

carlot

Ok, added that list. There is a certain limit on the text-length for one post, so I have to cut out parts from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, i have recently tried nitrogen generator and they pretty cool but having one major issue with them. When using 7day generator I don't get this issue but with nitrogen generated world i get the fake texture bug show up. Its basically starts in ok then when you leave the area the textures start to mess up and fake textures appear. Loading back in fixes it temporary but as soon as leave the area it starts to cause textures bugs. From what I can see it only happens on POI'S. I do remember seeing this bug in alpha 17. Is there a fix for it or something i need to do? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thats a bug with the imposters not vanishing (the distant models for POIs). Something only the game can solve. Happens to me only when flying around fast in god mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Damocles,

Allow me to thank you for this amazing tool! Really a joy to play with and greatly enhances the game, I'm in love and spend way to much time playing around with it. It seems that the config.txt file is only read at start of the program, would it be possible to have it reload on each generation so that you don't have to restart it to test new "back scene" variables?

Cheers and thank you!

I have to look at the dependencies, if they are loaded correctly also at runtime.

-------------

small minor update v 0.444 : distant roads connect to the POIs entrance side. (outback POIs) Makes it look a bit nicer approaching them.

7dtd+nitrogen=best game. Thank you very much. Why don't you work in pimps. You did a better job than them))

can you add the possiblility to set the ratio of biomes in percent?

Is it possible to add a function to use each prefab only once?

Is it possible to generate a * .map file. For the world map to be open in the game?

Is it possible to make more roads, more connecting roads?

Is it possible to reduce the qantity of deadlocks on the road?

i am used google translate.

Edited by custom_hero (see edit history)

The OP has this image: http://crongame.com/nitrogen/shots/previewMapx.jpg. But generated maps i've created don't appear to have anything corresponding to that. How do i get that to show?

Also can i add a request. Currently the biomes adds extra biome amounts as random splats. Could we possibly get another option where we can tell it to generate biomes as Default, spread, (So more than one zone of each type), very spread, (As spread but more than a few of each type), super spread (really splatty, possibly more options beyond in between all these), and then have the current biome function just modify the percentage of a given type?

EDIT: nevermind now i've gone to a larger size map gen i'm seeing splatting regardless fo that setting. So uh, what setting controls that?

Edited by Carl_Bar (see edit history)

7dtd+nitrogen=best game. Thank you very much. Why don't you work in pimps. You did a better job than them))

can you add the possiblility to set the ratio of biomes in percent?

Is it possible to add a function to use each prefab only once?

Is it possible to generate a * .map file. For the world map to be open in the game?

Is it possible to make more roads, more connecting roads?

Is it possible to reduce the qantity of deadlocks on the road?

i am used google translate.

#1 its just a hobby. Im sure TFP will put more work into RWG also, maybe adding more UI customization.

#2 I will change the stamp system in the future. There are percentages used internally, but the UI needs an update to use sliders.

#3 there is a flag called "unique" in the prefablist to only spawn it once (custom prefablists). Apart from that, most POIs need to be used several times for the POI distribution to work.

#4 A mini-map file is done at runtime. Nitrogen is only focusing on the world files. There are many other things I could mod, but that would spread the project to broadly.

#5 you can increase the number of connecting long distance roads. But too many would make the map look like a spaghetti plate, or be way too slow to generate.

#6 not sure what you mean. But the dead ends will be reduced when I use a new road generation system.