A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Things like sidewalks, street lamps etc are a question of what prefabs are available in the vanilla files. (the features should work right away in an unmodded game with the default prefabs, and I dont plan to ship any prefabs)

I will have a look at what prefabs will be in A19, and then see how to make more interesting arrangements in city roads.

There could be a lot more fancy towns in a random gen world, if the game would ship more modular decoration prefabs for roads, roadsides, parks and highways.

The prefab-voxel-tech could do a lot more, if it designed for that.

I would also like to have some more dynamic soil-voxels, so prefabs could spawn on slopes, without requiring a flat square plateau.

The distribution is already quite good, with few repetitions within the same town.

But there are only a limited number of POIs to choose from, so a large town is bound to repeat POIs.

The more POIs are added to the game in the future, the less likely that they will repeat.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Good Day Damocles ... Well you answered My question on the first page ... We will be updating Nitrogen for A 19 .. Thank Goodness for that.

I've been making maps for several Youtubers now and they love the ones I put together .. and they are looking forward for the ones I do for A 19.

As always .. Have Fun and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

PS: On the First Page is there a Way that you can put ( " Java 64 " not a default download it is a Manual download ) in Big letter for the ones you can not read small print .. and .. yes I am laughing on this one, but sadly true.  😁

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Damocles said:

Yes thanks, saw it.

BTW: The newest experimental has the newer CompoPack list included.

But its best to always use the prefabslist included in CompoPack itself, to have the most up to date version of it.

Thanks for the info I will add a comment to my video stating that.

EDIT1: Aparently all the 5 java installed were 32bit and the java_gone_wild.avi file is not java x64, I shoud know when naked girls were pole dancing at the beginning of the video.

Hey Guys, i'm very new to the game, only played one world at 18.4, and I want to generate the maps I saw with Nitrogen, I downloaded the version in the first page v0474

Y also download CompoPack v43 and download and install java.

I tried to generate a world but this happens:

creating output directory: prueba01  I:\Descargas\NitroGen_WorldGenerator\output\prueba01
output directory created
running generation thread
... running terrain generation ...
exporting (1/3)
exporting (2/3)
exporting (3/3)
... terrain generation ... DONE ...
... running world mapping ...
gen custom settlements custom_town_size_25
gen custom settlements custom_town_size_15
gen custom settlements custom_settlement_size_8
gen custom settlements custom_settlement_size_5
gen custom settlements custom_outback_size_1

And nothing else happens, there is a folder in the output folder with 4 files, Biomes, GenHM, Main.ttw and radiation,  there is also an empty preview folder.

I, must be doing something wrong but can't find my mistake. 

Edited by diegodgo87 (see edit history)

diegodgo87

Lets see ..

1) .. You got JAVA 64 bit _ manual download

2) ..  CompoPack v43 and Copied it in your 7d2d Vanilla pre-fab folder also, it has to be the Vanilla fold as well _ along with updating the pre-fab fold in v 0.474 _ v 0.474 only has CompoPack 42 as a Base Pre-fab build

Those are my thoughts, also make sure you use (import from) _ existing output folder. Hope that helps

so i cant get nitrogen and compopack 43 to work. when i try to start a game it gets to initializing world and crashes. vanilla maps work so it isnt the game. i have compopack 43 prefabs copied to the game's prefabs folder and rwgmixer.xml to game's config folder. im using nitrogen beta with compopack 43 listed in prefabs list. any ideas whats going wrong?

6 hours ago, Damocles said:

Using F1 you can see a console, this should indicate errors when you load a map.

Also, always use a new unique world name to be sure you dont have conflicts.

thanks for the reply!

the console shows no errors but i dont see any prefabs loading. it shows the right name for the map and gets to initializing world and then the game crashes.

4 hours ago, crimson_binome said:

thanks for the reply!

the console shows no errors but i dont see any prefabs loading. it shows the right name for the map and gets to initializing world and then the game crashes.

the logs show out of memory but i have played the game many hours without running out of ram. is this a new bug?  pastebin of log: https://pastebin.com/2bn1UqDu

32 minutes ago, Damocles said:

When A19 comes out I will have a look at what needs updating. Certainly the new POIs.

There will also be the option now to spawn traders in town.

awesome, will you be updating the main post on the first page or making something new?

As Scavenger says - Thank you SO much for Nitrogen......

Literally saved the game for me and my mates on our server.

Works with Darkness falls mod too!

You sir - are a legend!

Will be donating tomorrow..

1 hour ago, kokuojeiku said:

Is it just me or the link to combo pack not working? Thanks!

The link works for me. CompoPack is not updated to include the new A19 POIs yet. But is should technically work with the A18 POIs. Have a testrun first.