Tier 5 quests need to have their POIs modified.

Darklegend222

Just did the skyscraper_01, cleared the roof, went through the designated path, and I see zero yellow dots showing me where the rest are. How do you know where to go or what to do if they're not going to be the designated way. Dishong Tower and the other sky scrapers should be modified to make up for that. Every other house from tier 1-4 doesn't have a single problem with making the designated path the proper way to go.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Mmmh, did you go back down and look for yellow dots on every floor ? I'm not sure, but the dots might only show up when you are near, i.e. 1-2 floors above or below.

I did indeed, my friend ended up finding 3 zombies just in a room by breaking through a locked iron door, there was no way to find them otherwise. No yellow dots appeared until those ones died. Took us 1 hour, to clear the entire POI after we killed everything on the roof. Already had all the loot from the end, took us an hour to find the last 3 zombies to trigger where the rest were. I like the loot and the clear quests but holy hell is it a real pain to find the final stragglers.

Dishong has a room that seems to be closed off but is actually reachable by walking on overhead pipes. There is another closed off room you reach by falling down through trap floors. If you know or notice the trap and refuse to fall down you won't even see any zombies from above (as far as I know). I would actually count this as a bug, maybe an increase upwards of the trigger volume might fix this room

EDIT: Oh right, Laz Man had the better idea how to fix that room, that volume should be excluded

I ran into this in a tier 4 I think, forget which one (the apartment building maybe?). There was a floor that fell through and like 5 or 6 z's automatically spawned as the player fell through. 

I avoided falling but continued on, the quest would not clear until I "fell in the trap".

What was crap, I did the quest again later, knocked out the false floor, & the z's would not spawn in until I fell in so it was guaranteed damage. No stealth kills there.

Glad I read this thread, I have the skyscraper on my quest list but have yet to attempt it. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I ran into this in a tier 4 I think, forget which one (the apartment building maybe?). There was a floor that fell through and like 5 or 6 z's automatically spawned as the player fell through. 

I avoided falling but continued on, the quest would not clear until I "fell in the trap".

What was crap, I did the quest again later, knocked out the false floor, & the z's would not spawn in until I fell in so it was guaranteed damage. No stealth kills there.

Glad I read this thread, I have the skyscraper on my quest list but have yet to attempt it. 

the sky scrapers are not what you want to complete. The devs haven't seem to modified them yet to perfectly fit the game as they did with other POIs. They're still fun to get through with SOMEWHAT decent loot. Though don't expect to be able to easily find everything because they're still using the exact same models and what not from previous versions and decided to slap the "tier 5" on it. So zombies can definitely be behind doors labeled "locked" without a defined way to get in unless you break it which goes against the spirit of the designated path system.

23 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Gotcha. Guess I'll be knocking all the doors down then. I'll make sure I get there as early as possible to leave enough time to complete it before night although that's pretty difficult with tier 5 quests, at least the ones I've done so far.

Or maybe I'll just cancel the quest...

If you don't want to continue clearing though the night, why not clear as much and as many zombies as you can during daylight, then backtrack and loot the cleared areas at night?  Throw down a chest near the entrance with all the spoils, then carry on the next morning?

5 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

the sky scrapers are not what you want to complete. The devs haven't seem to modified them yet to perfectly fit the game as they did with other POIs. They're still fun to get through with SOMEWHAT decent loot. Though don't expect to be able to easily find everything because they're still using the exact same models and what not from previous versions and decided to slap the "tier 5" on it. So zombies can definitely be behind doors labeled "locked" without a defined way to get in unless you break it which goes against the spirit of the designated path system.

Wrong. The skyscrapers already had an overhaul. But as LazMan said they still need another pass now that the exclude-feature is available, And not they alone, as Outlaw_187 said there are lower tier buildings too that have this problem. "Slap "tier 5" on them"? They were tier 5 before quests and quest tiers even existed.

Yeah I could just chill until the morning & then continue but that would be super boring. I'll just make sure to bring plenty of ammo in case night hits & to finish off the remaining ferals/radiated at the main loot. 

Or I suppose I could just clear the building, completing the quest, & then return for the loot. 

There's options.

The problem I find with big POI quests is there is too much stuff and not enough inventory. I wish there was like a wandering trader in the middle I could sell stuff to, or maybe an extra carrying device somehow. But I think the size relative to the resistance doesn't yield enough rewards. However I actually still love the t5 pois and think they are very fun. In fact without them I wouldn't like the late game much at all because I love trying to blast through them quickly at night and things. It provides a fun challenge. I think more very large t5 pois would be great. But the limited inventory does feel a little too limited at that stage of play. I understand inventory decisions are definitely necessary for the experience but I think maybe just one or two more rows of a separate carrying device enabling it or something would make a world of a difference. There just gets to be more things needed to bring which takes more space, and more things needing to take which takes more space. So the late game strains your inventory down from two angles. Early and mid game are perfect on inv. but late is a little squeezed. To the point where the fun feels frustrated by it.

9 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

So zombies can definitely be behind doors labeled "locked" without a defined way to get in unless you break it which goes against the spirit of the designated path system.

I don't think this is true for any TFP-designed POI. The entrance may not be obvious, or easy, or even nearby, but every room you are meant to explore has an entrance other than a fully-intact locked door. Note that if the door has some previous damage, then it is meant to be bashed in by the player.

I've had this problem with not being able to find all the z's in level two or three quests. They they can be hidden away and if you don't notice them they're not going to show up on the radar when you finish the quest because they're too far away.

This happened me last with the gun shop mission. I think it was level two, might have been three. I've had it frequently with level four quests in the water works

Archived