collapsing builds

playlessNamer

It's def not the player fault the first time, maybe even second, but if it keeps happening.... Takes 2 seconds of brain thought to say "oh.. so i can't go past the number i just tried. got it".. This is how gamebreaking moments can also be prevented.

On 8/23/2020 at 5:55 PM, playlessNamer said:

when the block i place causes the building to collapse, make the marker red and dont let me place it. Check SI before the player places the block.

The SI is not natural physic so its not the players fault when things break. Gamebreaking moments can be prevented this way.

Devs already read too much of those types of comments so hopefully not. Look how game got dumbed down compared to say a14 [best comparison would be to play a19 and a14 on always run, feral, and high difficulty to see that]. Screen below somewhat proves my point.

Alpha_14.7_2020-01-18_16-14-29.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thats just how it works in other similar type games and this is a perfect stressfree solution. Its very bad for devs when they have to say pls check a lot of tutorials before playing the game. This is not a little tweak you have to know, way to big to put it in the loadingscreen tips. Its unessesary annoying to always keep eye on the numbers on any block and calculate the max, wonder about how this load will spread on different blocks involved.

completely unessesary "feature" wich causes more trouble and bad feelings than adding anything worthy to the game.

14 minutes ago, Supanub said:

Go into creative (cheat) mode and mess with things there. Stress-free environment where you can build whatever you want to test things out.

I have to say, this is the right answer. It's what I do and it's fun. I never have anything collapse on me unless it's a new design that I haven't tested.

You know what they say... a pillar every 6 blocks keeps the crumbling away.

And like people stated, you dont need a tutorial, it's mass and how much it holds is written on every block's description. Not to mention you have the DM's structural integrity grid command available for that.

Archived