New intellect weapons/gear Fun Ideas!

Adam the Waster

in the wasteland its not just survival of the fittest, its also survival of the smartest!

While intellect now has robots which are a super nice weapon class to make it special! but i think a few new things would be nice for a intellect class! with some update to both Melee class and Range!

Electrocution!

• Tier 1: Junk baton: a very makeshift shocky rod! made with a old piece of Rebar, wires, a few old battery, leather and a wooded grip!, and a lever like switch! while it does not stun zombies it does Zap them and it deals damage overtime! (kinda like bleed but more dangerous) unlike the other batons you don't need part            COST: 100 Iron, 12 electronics, 10 wood, 2 leather, and 3 tap! (goes up with level of the electrocution perk) 

Base damage: 10 base, 20 heavy, 2 damage PS when shocked!

• Tier 2: Stun baton: the classic! same look and all!. it does more damage and the Stun attack does stun enemies and deals more damage overtime! and uses baton parts! 

Cost: the same!
Base damage: 16 base, 28 heavy! 4 damage PS when stunned! can chain with perk and candy!

• Tier 3: Plasma/Tesla baton: This thing is Super deadly! it looks like a normal Baton with Heavy steel gears that move when powder! the Top of the baton has a Very heavy head and each gear has a sharp spike! the energy that comes from the Baton is So strong that it can burn and cripple zombies! (yes it can set them on fire!)

Cost: 3 Baton parts, 10 steel bars, 20 Electronics, 5 Iron bars, 3 Tape, and 4 Leather! (goes up with perk)
Damage: 32 base, 44 heavy!  6 damage PS (plus Fire!) when Zapped! (can chain with perk and candy!)

Ranged weapons: as one man once said! "So many zombies! so little lead and brass!" and these weapons are cost effective with ammo! from a very basic air gun! to a makeshift Flamethrower! the Madmen that make these weapons are Crazy yet smart! (perk name: Wasteland gunsmith)

• Tier 0: Junk rifle: This air rifle like weapon uses Robotic/junk ammo! it can uses shells and AP ammo! The Base ammo is 10 but 5 with shells and the Clip is on the side, its Kinda loud but not as loud as a gun! (can be suppressed) its ammo is cheap and effective!
    Damage: 15, Stealth 2xs, Ammo 10, MAX 25! 
    Cost: 10 iron pipes, 80 Scrap iron, 5 tape, 20 Polymer, 4 leather (goes up with perk!)

• Tier 1: Air Rifle: This Weapon is made nicely and is modified Junk Rifle, It holds even more Junk ammo! around 30 Normal and AP junk ammo! but can hold 15 Junk shells! you load it with a Large Mag on the bottom! it does a nice of damage but again it is kinda loud! rather then some old Pump that can slow you down! The air Charges up! and if you HOLD the trigger you do more damage but if you Tap the trigger it shoots fast!
    Damage 20, 40 when Charged!, Stealth 2xs, Ammo 30 or 15,  60 or 30 MAX 
    Cost: 15 Iron ingots, 5 Short iron pipes, 20 Scrap polymer, 4 leather, 3 Makeshift weapon Parts! 

• Tier 2: Shambler: this double barreled Air gun has 2 barrels and makes it shoot 2 times Faster! It holds 60 Normal and AP junk rounds and can hold 30 junk shells, if you Hold the trigger it will charge up and will Fire 2 shots a once at a Fast speed! While it is loud! it can be suppressed but it has 2 suppressors, you load it with a Large Can like mag!
    Damage: 42, 68 When Charged!, Stealth 2xs, Ammo 60 Normal and AP, 30 Junk shells, 120 , 60 Max!
    Cost: 15 Steel, 20 Iron ingot, 6 Tape, 30 Scrap Polly, 6 leather, and 3 Makeshift Weapon Parts, (goes up with perk)

• Tier 3 (Alternative 1) HellFire: When life gives you Lemons, you make lemonade! when Life gives you fuel! you uses it to let fire to zombies!! now this flamethrower is different compared to every other flamethrower! this one Has 2 Barrels, Each with a different mode of fire! One is the Classic Flame belch! with a Ok range it does a nice amount of Damage and can be used to Kill hordes quick! Two Fireball! it shoots a ball of congealed Gas that when it hits the ground it will blow up into a Fireball and will leave a Nice amount of Fire like a Molotov! It can Hold more Ammo with the "Full Tank mod" (same for the auger and chainsaw)

Damage: (Flamethrower 30 Damage plus 5 damage per second (does more damage the longer you hit them!)!, Fireball 35 damage 5 damage per second plus Fire on ground)
Ammo: fuel, 200, MAX 400. Flamethrower 1 per second fired, Fireball 50 per shot!
Cost: 3 Makeshift Weapon parts, 3 Pistol parts, 25 Steel, 8 tape, 40 Polymer and 5 oil! (changes with perk!) 

• Tier 3 (Alternative 2): Junk Shock: This Weapon has a odd Look! it has a Recharging Battery that you Pump to charge and adds air! This thing can turn those Junk ammo into Zappy ammo! it will Zap the zombies (the normal shot just does Damage over time rather then stun) and this has a LARGE ammo amount of AMMO! like the Junk Turret it can hold a ton of ammo!, around 150 normal and AP and 70 Shells!. if you Hold you're shot it will charge up and will FIRE a super charged Shot that will Stun and will set zombies on fire if you hit them with the Bullet! it is super deadly and you need to be a Madman to use it! it also has a nice Rate of fire!
    Damage: 50 Damage! plus Shock damage (5+ PS) and Power attack 75 plus Stun Damage (6+) Plus Fire! (4+)
    Cost: 3 Makeshift weapon parts, 35 Steel, 30 polymer, 20 Electronic parts, 5 Tape!

Weapon mods

• Baton Taser: when the Stun baton is charged and when you uses the POWER attack it will shoot some cables that will zap the zombie at a short damage! (shoots 4 Cables!

• Baton Coil: this mod allows you to do a chain attack when you zap a zombie there is a Chance that it will also zap the zombie next to the other! also ups shock damage!

• Junk Sledge Rocket Thrust: this adds a Rocket/thruster And does more Damage and can cause zombies to be YEETED!!! if the zombie hits a wall they will take ALOT OF damage!

• Junk Sledge Axe Blade: when you place it down and if a zombie is next to it it can Spin a full 360 degrees and hit a zombie! this is better for offence rather then deference!

• Junk Turret Gatling gun: This adds 6 Extra barrels and this will allow you to fire at a Very high rate of fire! AND YES you can use it while walking but the range is less and does slightly less damage! But gives a Higher rate of fire and adds even more Ammo!

• Junk Turret Sniper turret: this gives a Longer barrel and gives a Stronger tripod, new Camera and a Bigger Air tank! this give it Higher range! a Very high amount of damage, Better cripple but it takes longer to shoot, it is slower to aim, and holds less ammo!, it also allows it to Aim Down or Up much Better! and yes you can hold it and use it but it is not as good! 

• Junk Drone Motivation speaker: This mod allows you to put a small speaker on it and gives a boost like the "Leader perk" but it can be used for solo players, But it is not as good as the real perk, Plus it can stack! but it will Drain its power more!

• Junk Drone Handgun mod: This adds a pistol on the bottom but removes the Stun Rod and healing nettle! you can put 9mm ammo and it will fire at a slow rate but it can help you with both spotting and fighting!! but removes the other abiltys!

New Junk ammo

• Shock Junk ammo: you can put this in you're Junk weapons or turrets and it does more base damage then normal junk ammo but also has a chance to Stun zombies!
    Cost: 2 Scrap iron, 1 electronic part 
  • Fragment Junk ammo: this ammo is crudely Made so when you hit something it will break apart into the Target! causing bleed and crippling!
    Cost: 2 Scrap metal, 1 Brass, 1 lead
  •  Incendiary Junk Capsules: This is a nicely made glass ball that holds gas that when it hits something it will set it on fire!
    Cost: 2 Glass, 2 Gas, 1 iron!

New Throwables

One is unlocked is form the electrocution perk and 2 are Unlocked from Wasteland Weapons!

• Shock grenade: This is unlocked by the electrocution perk (level 2)! this looked like a normal Grenade that has some coils on it, wires, and and a light! when you pull the pin it makes a Buzzing sound! and when you throw it (or hold it like a idiot) it will releases a White Smoke With Electrical Partials in it and it can Stun or even Harm zombies! it goes up with damage with the electrocution perk! First it stuns them and does a nice amount of damage!, the other Upgrade will Cripple them and deal more damage, and the Max does More Damage ,sets them on fire and destroys the limbs!
    Cost: 3 Forged iron, 10 Electronics, 5 gun powder, 3 Springs, 5 Lead!

• Acid Bomb: this is unlocked in wasteland weaponry (level 2) and it does what it sounds like! it melts zombies away! if you throw it it will slow them down and will Destroy their limbs! it will stay on the ground like a Molotov but it is acid! it does alot of damage to armor and Cars! it will melt away a player Armor if you throw it at them! thats not nice!
    Cost: 3 Iron, 2 Acid, 10 nitrate, 1 spring, And 4 paint! (don't ask why paint!)

• Blood Bomb: this is another one unlocked by wasteland weapons (level 4) or super rarely from a BP: This "bomb" emits a Dark red GAS that when a zombie or player walks into it it will make zombies go agro at them! EVEN OTHER ZOMBIES! so you can make a Horde of zombies into a group and zombie Cannibalizes! YUMM! it also Lures zombies to the area! if you throw this at a person it will Blur you're vision and will "mark" you AKA zombies will know where you are no matter what!
    Cost: 3 iron, 3 Blood bags, 1 Acid, 7 rotten meat, 1 spring, and 10 paint!

This was Updated and i hope you like it :)

31 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Tier 3: Plasma baton

It ain't what you described, but this is what that term brings to mind (the one in her right hand in the image):

th?id=OIP.G2KO2oZPGCI35fPdJMuTkAHaEK%26p

35 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Ranged weapons:

3 separate weapons in the same perk line with 2 of them using ammo not used by any other weapon? My backpack is screaming already, lol. Could have all 3 use junk turret ammo and the "flamethrower" (okay, it wouldn't be a flamethrower anymore, more of a searing shard thrower) spew/huck superheated metal in either a spray (shot), globs (basic) or bolts (AP).

11 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

It ain't what you described, but this is what that term brings to mind (the one in her right hand in the image):

th?id=OIP.G2KO2oZPGCI35fPdJMuTkAHaEK%26p

3 separate weapons in the same perk line with 2 of them using ammo not used by any other weapon? My backpack is screaming already, lol. Could have all 3 use junk turret ammo and the "flamethrower" (okay, it wouldn't be a flamethrower anymore, more of a searing shard thrower) spew/huck superheated metal in either a spray (shot), globs (basic) or bolts (AP).

i was thinking of that! i was thinking of changing the SMG to turn into a Junk SMG 

but i wanted to use some new items as ammo! like Darts, i had a few ideas for other weapons like the Saw launcher, makeshift Railgun that could shoot both junk ammo and Crossbow bolts, A normal flamethrower, and a Shock rifle!

Many of them just A: don't make sense (shock rilfe), B: kinda disappointing(flamethrower), C would need a new ammo (saw Launcher), and just seems to futuristic (railgun)

and the "flamethrower" i came up with that and mixed it with a few things i saw, 

Dieselgewehr from wolfenstein 2 TNC 

Incinerator Fallout 3 and NV

Mixed gun Aliens 

the Nail gun was just something i was like. "Hum? What if there was a Crack head version of the Nailgun?"

And the Junk rifle was Inspired by the Tihar from metro!

Thank you for the feedback :)

Some good ideas there Adam, and Happy Birthday btw :)

I was thinking maybe an Acid bomb.

Can't recall what the recipe for acid is, if there is one in-game?

Saying this as when Acid was first introduced to make Tires/Wheels it was quite rare, but in my last 18.4 game it wasn't super rare anymore. So maybe it could be a bit more common if an Acid Bomb was added.

With the new smoking green sludge bit for cop/vulture puke everything is already in-game except for some kind of "I'm melting..!.." animation. Which might well rule this out. And would need some differentiation from a Molotov... could maybe have it be an AOE that lasted a bit? So throw the bomb, all enemys in range get hit with acid, start melting, maybe die, puddle of acid remains so if new zeds come and step in it their feet/legs start to melt, so maybe a slowdown, then they lose feet/legs & become crawlers.

Could maybe play with how much block damage it did so it wouldn't be great to throw right up against the door/wall of a base?

Just thinking out loud :)

5 hours ago, FileMachete said:

Some good ideas there Adam, and Happy Birthday btw :)

I was thinking maybe an Acid bomb.

Can't recall what the recipe for acid is, if there is one in-game?

Saying this as when Acid was first introduced to make Tires/Wheels it was quite rare, but in my last 18.4 game it wasn't super rare anymore. So maybe it could be a bit more common if an Acid Bomb was added.

With the new smoking green sludge bit for cop/vulture puke everything is already in-game except for some kind of "I'm melting..!.." animation. Which might well rule this out. And would need some differentiation from a Molotov... could maybe have it be an AOE that lasted a bit? So throw the bomb, all enemys in range get hit with acid, start melting, maybe die, puddle of acid remains so if new zeds come and step in it their feet/legs start to melt, so maybe a slowdown, then they lose feet/legs & become crawlers.

Could maybe play with how much block damage it did so it wouldn't be great to throw right up against the door/wall of a base?

Just thinking out loud :)

i was thinking of Grenades for intellect! that would be fun to watch!

Zombie limbs just breaking apart! uh i can see it now :)

Also thank you for the Bday wishes  

stuff like Shock grenades, and Willy pete grenades (AKA white phosphorus)

I love these ideas but my only suggestion is to replace junk ammo completely with the iron darts from dart traps for both junk rifles and junk turrets. Effectively unifying the ammo used by the intellect skill tree and have it be the easiest ammo to make but also the weakest. However give it a gimmick similar to how arrows/bolts are weaker than bullets but do twice the sneak attack damage. For example have the darts enhance the shock damage the target takes for a short while or cause bleed.

Another area that needs improving is a level 3+ buff for Electrocutioner since all the other melee perks seam to each have one. For example a chance to proc a short limited chain lighting aoe to stun multiple close enemies.

9 hours ago, Danidas said:

I love these ideas but my only suggestion is to replace junk ammo completely with the iron darts from dart traps for both junk rifles and junk turrets. Effectively unifying the ammo used by the intellect skill tree and have it be the easiest ammo to make but also the weakest. However give it a gimmick similar to how arrows/bolts are weaker than bullets but do twice the sneak attack damage. For example have the darts enhance the shock damage the target takes for a short while or cause bleed.

Another area that needs improving is a level 3+ buff for Electrocutioner since all the other melee perks seam to each have one. For example a chance to proc a short limited chain lighting aoe to stun multiple close enemies.

i had that idea too! because IMO Iron darts have very little uses! i don't like Dart traps and iron Darts only have one uses! so maybe those Darts could be used to go through zombies!

That is a good idea and would make a decent gimmick by making them armor piercing. However to avoid them being over powered it would have to be weak due to how easy they are to make. However they could add steal darts locked behind investing in a perk under intellect or finding a Tech Junkie book to replace the AP Junk ammo by having better damage/armor piercing. As a bonus they can add iron and steal darts to the loot table and have them scrape to iron for those that do not use Junk weapons.

Many good ideas presented here. The most intriguing for me is the plasma/tesla baton - I really like the drawings. Players were asking for a flame thrower for ages to be somehow implemented.

Only weapon that comes to my mind for intelligence class is a railgun. Powerful single shot weapon, with a significant delays between shots (recharges), with limmited 5 mag size and expensive ammo, low duralibility, difficult in handling. Weapon powerful enough to drop a bear by one shot or any feral zombie. At the end juicy sound of the charge and supersonic projectile shredding anything on its way...

God dang this is a huge list of ideas. It was a bit too long too read. I mean come one, there are 100's of people with idea's and I'm supposed to read a complete list from one dude? Anyway. I do agree there should be a bit of better weaponary in the intellect section. Maybe a flamethrower  and/or a flamethrower turret or both or something. 
This is a game is "tower defense" focussed after all, so why not add more different fun turrets. Flamethrowers would use gas which ou will have plenty  after mining in the desert and using your chem bench.

btw,the molotov rewards from the traders really help as well. they really improved the molotov.

Archived