Re-enable the prefab menu (A19)

Bar0th

This DMT 2.0 mod re-enables the prefab menu (K) when debug mode (dm) is enabled, like it was in previous versions.

Edit: Just in case people haven't noticed, there is a "Block Replace Tool" available in the creative menu when developer blocks are active.  It contains some of the original prefab menu functionality, which may be enough for your purposes (and doesn't require a DMT mod / disabling EAC).  If it doesn't contain everything you need, or you just prefer the old method of doing things, then go ahead and grab this mod :)

BAR19-PrefabMenu.zip

2 minutes ago, JaxTeller718 said:

I wasnt even aware they removed it. How silly. thank you. Sinder will love this :)

Np.  I noticed several others asking about it, and I had already made it last night for myself.  So added some extra comments today, and uploaded :)

41 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

Quick question. Is this going to screw with the other players if I put this on my server? I'm the only one that can use it. 

In the case of a dedicated server, it needs to be on the server + client(s) using it (you).  The mod itself won't effect anyone else, since they won't have access to dm anyway.  However, like other DMT mods which require client-side patching, EAC should be turned off (it may work with EAC enabled - untested, but why risk an EAC ban for modding the client).

Another user added it to their server+client, and it worked fine (with EAC off), but when I mentioned the Block Replace Tool, it turns out that is all they needed (which is why I added the note about the tool in the first post - if the official tools work fine for your needs, it's simpler than modding - especially with a dedicated server).

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2020 at 5:52 AM, Bar0th said:

In the case of a dedicated server, it needs to be on the server + client(s) using it (you).  The mod itself won't effect anyone else, since they won't have access to dm anyway.  However, like other DMT mods which require client-side patching, EAC should be turned off (it may work with EAC enabled - untested, but why risk an EAC ban for modding the client).

Another user added it to their server+client, and it worked fine (with EAC off), but when I mentioned the Block Replace Tool, it turns out that is all they needed (which is why I added the note about the tool in the first post - if the official tools work fine for your needs, it's simpler than modding - especially with a dedicated server).

Hi @Bar0th, I wanted to ask you something since I'm newbie on hosting a dedicated server and messing with 7days files in general.

As you mentioned, the mod requires to be installed on the server + client(s) used by me, so I guess that means it must also be installed in my game's local directory?

I tried to install it myself but didn't work, I put the mod inside server path "...7daystodie/Mods"

For local I did the same, plus also tried inside "...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs" folder. But didn't gave me any result either way.

Could you give me some help :p? 

Basically last night I was messing with the idea to build a structure in this lake as part of my base and exactly as expected I had troubles with damn water gaps bug that I couldn't fix myself with frames, buckets and water blocks from creative mode so I got here investigating for an editing tool and be able to edit the blocks as I please including (k) option. I find much better being able to extend the limits building with your mates!

20200827212518_1.thumb.jpg.6a129b34288cc295295d227a254797ca.jpg

And by the way I turned off EAC as you said, just in case.

Thanks you for opening this discussion and share the DMT!

On 8/25/2020 at 2:29 PM, Naguny said:

Does anyone know if this works in A19 stable or if there is another mod that has the same function as this mod?

It worked in one of the experimental builds, but it's not working in the stable build. Not for me, at least.

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2020 at 9:36 PM, crapass said:

It worked in one of the experimental builds, but it's not working in the stable build. Not for me, at least.

It's still working fine for me in the latest stable (19.1 b8), and all others since it was released.  The mod just re-enables the keybinding when dm is enabled, nothing else.

7 hours ago, Bar0th said:

自从最新的稳定版(19.1 b8)以来,它对我来说仍然运行良好。当启用dm时,mod仅重新启用键绑定,其他都没有。

I installed it in A19.1 (B8) and it didn’t work. Do I want to use DMT for a compilation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Bar0th & friends! I installed the "Re-enable the prefab menu (A19)" mod to save my object in the game. But, when I try to save the selected object in the prefab-menu, an error occurs (in the console): there is no access to save to disk D. The game is running as administrator, all permissions are granted. In the prefab editor, saving works fine. Why doesn't work saving an object in the prefab-menu in the game?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 2:10 PM, Kato I said:

Hi Bar0th! Could you update this mod for 19.2 to 19.3?

Just reinstall the mod using DMT, and it will work fine since all it is really doing is re-enabling the key binding (the code for the menu still exists, since it is available in the editor).  When another new game update comes out (19.4 for instance), just reinstall it again using DMT :)

On 1/27/2021 at 8:05 AM, Kato I said:

Hi Bar0th & friends! I installed the "Re-enable the prefab menu (A19)" mod to save my object in the game. But, when I try to save the selected object in the prefab-menu, an error occurs (in the console): there is no access to save to disk D. The game is running as administrator, all permissions are granted. In the prefab editor, saving works fine. Why doesn't work saving an object in the prefab-menu in the game?

This was handled via DM, but for others: saving via this menu is not possible in a live game.  Use the existing Export Prefab option in the ESC menu when DM is enabled.  There are other posts which cover this topic better, such as this one

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived