Farm Life Expanded (A19)

Phredd

Hello All,

First off I'd like to say Thank you to Stasis78, Mayic and hernanxx. Without thier prior work and permission, this wouldn't have been put together.

Next, Thank you to all the modders here on the forums. The information/examples you've provided is greatly appreciated and helped me get this playable in A18.4.

Extra special thanks to Linda, babygrl, Chris, Gator, Tru, Bluntz, David, Mistress Metal and Nomad for the initial help with everything to do with the farming mods and testing over the past few months.

What I am posting here is a proof-of-concept version of farming based on/using prior work with a few new items, that I'm calling, Farm Life Expanded.

It combines Stasis's FarmLifeMod2, Mayics Farming Mod and hernanxx's UnnecessarybutBeautiful mods into one. This started out months ago as just a farming modlet for our server. When asked if I could add recipes for UbB, I decided to just join that into the modlet after getting permission to use the mod.

I know Demmers is working on a version of this as well, and this is in no way any kind of attempt to take anything away from what he is doing. I had started on this before I knew about his project. Information on Farm Life V3 can be found on the forums here and on NexusMods here.

Also, I'm not claiming to be a modder, and I've been hesitant on posting about this knowing a good portion is others work.

With that said, here are some details.

Farm Life Expanded

Animals

Farm animals are part of the original mods. While I won't be fixing many of the issues with the previous models, I have corrected offset for placement. I've added new models and recipes. None have animations, and are working placeholders for the time being.

New animals currently include:

Beehive (honey)
Horse (bone, leather, glue*)
Pheasant (eggs, feathers, meat)
Sheep (wool, meat)
Turkey (eggs, feathers, meat)

Animal Workstations

Animal workstations are a continuation of Mayics concept, with new animals added. Again, none have animations and are placeholders for the time being. They are also the source of a "breeding" system. I didn't really know how to do this, so I added "cryo" containers to be found in loot that can then be used with the Animal workstation to create that type of animal.

New animal workstations currently include:

Beehive
Elk
Horse
Pheasant
Sheep
Turkey

Crops

With the combination of the two farming mods, there were some duplicate plants. Some have been changed to other plant types, while others have been discarded and not used. The "crop" plants have been recoded to use TFP's growing method, with 56 plants available. All have at least 1 useful recipe.

Trees

Most of the recipes for UbB require certain types of wood. (example: Dark furniture requires Walnut, Clear requires Maple, White requires White Oak) making Trees more important.

Workstations

As mentioned, with the combination of the two farm mods, there were duplicates of some workstations. All have been re-evaluated and recipes changed accordingly. I didn't completely delete the unused models from the modlet, and they are still able to be crafted, but with no recipe requirements tied to them.

Recipes/Quests

This is one of the areas I haven't done much with yet, regarding the originals. There are currently 1517 recipes and 292 quests in the modlet. I haven't gone through everything, but all quests are available in the Farm Table. I also have to go through all of the Food recipes and catagorize them. There is a "starter" quest item that will give basic quests to get started with Farm Life if you decide to use it. A few of the new food items are just placeholders and don't have buffs/stats yet.

I've tried to address as many of the original issues as possible eg. offsets of models, missing recipes, workstations(required items, model footprint) etc. There are still known issues with any of the workstations that have multiple rows of required tool slots.

As for hernanxx's Unnecessary but Beautiful. The copy I started with had no recipes at all. All of the recipes are generic and can be changed in xml if needed. Also included, working sinks and ovens for those model types.

Again, thanks to all that have put the effort into making these mods originally.

One last thing to mention, I consider anything I've added to this as "open source", so if anyone wants to modify/use... by all means, go for it.

Have fun and enjoy.

Download A18 - Here (I was asked about links to A18 versions. This is the last backup that I kept. I also included a version without the backpack. I won't be updating these at all. If there are conflicts, I won't be looking at them. I am being upfront about it.)

Download A19 - Here (Stand-Alone version, doesn't play well with other mods. Includes 96slot backpack.) (I'm unsure I'll update this past this point.)

Download A19 (Updated 10 Aug 2020)Here Compatible with "some" other mods currently. Very limited testing since the update earlier today to (b169). Vanilla backpack and restructured Perk for Farm Life to be more compatible with other modlets.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick post for anyone interested. I've updated the modlet for Alpha 19. A link is in the original post. There are a few changes concerning the backpack for the time being,  and it's very possible I may have missed something.

Here is a screenshot of testing a few items. Enjoy if you decide to check it out.

Alpha19_test.png

I reposted the link. All should be good as I tested and retested for the past hour. I'll be honest, I don't really know what was wrong with that version, but it's updated now and working again. Thank you for pointing that out Wolverine.

2 hours ago, redbull81 said:

Hey Phredd, I wanted to post these errors I am still having an issue with. Seems like the chickenplant.prefab and the fertile egg are still throwing constant errors on my dedicated server.. Please help. Ill post screenshot.

20200704073432_1.jpg

It appears to be a client side hierarchy issue. Go to your Dedicated server folder, then to 7DaysToDieServer_Data. Look for the file named output_log_dedi_dateTimeIsHere.txt. go to line 40 and 41. It should have something similar to this:

2020-07-04T11:11:48 3.490 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SoDead_GrowAPair_FarmLifeExpanded
2020-07-04T11:11:48 3.579 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SoDead_GrowAPair_FarmLifeExpanded (0.0.0.2r4)

If there is no error there or the next three lines, then it is absolutely a hierarchy issue with your client side. Be sure in your client Mods folder the only folder there is named SoDead_GrowAPair_FarmLifeExpanded (if this is the only modlet you are using). If the folder that is in Mods for Client is named alpha-19-modlets-master-SoDead_GrowAPair_FarmLifeExpanded, then the mod itself is nested one folder to deep and disables it.

Hope that helps.

Hey Phredd, I am absolutely positive it is not an imbedding issues, as I removed the alpha 19 folder first and extracted the farm folder with inside has the config and resources files. It seems to be an issue with those particular items. I am able to do a search and find the chicken plant but when I do a search to find the fertile egg, there is none.. Is it missing a file in your mod link? Or did I not get the most updated link where you fixed issues yesterday or this morning? 

1 hour ago, redbull81 said:

Hey Phredd, I am absolutely positive it is not an imbedding issues, as I removed the alpha 19 folder first and extracted the farm folder with inside has the config and resources files. It seems to be an issue with those particular items. I am able to do a search and find the chicken plant but when I do a search to find the fertile egg, there is none.. Is it missing a file in your mod link? Or did I not get the most updated link where you fixed issues yesterday or this morning? 

I sent a pm.

A side note, I can not guarantee this is compatible with other modlets. In fact, just assume it is not.  I have only tested this with one other modlet so far, which I haven't posted much about.

Would it be possible to make a custom vender to sell all the seeds instead of just giving a box to the player upon completing a quest? I mean, once you complete the quest up to the point of getting the box you instead get a quest to find the farming vender.

As a suggestion for replacing the workstations: couldn't you do the same thing through the quest system? Basically, the animals will give you "quests" whereby if you meet the requirements you get the item or pregnant version of the animal.  There's a perk in-game whereby if you have a revolver out it will lower the prices; couldn't you use something similar to that code to take care of the animals needs?

On 7/5/2020 at 5:13 PM, tindin said:

any chance you could remove the backpack code?  it's the only bit that i'm finding that makes it not work with other mods.

There is a chance. I don't know what issues are actually having. So it's difficult for me to say if that would actually help.

When you say "only bit", please define that. That "bit" actually involves 7 different files.

Best I can do at the moment.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, Gake said:

Would it be possible to make a custom vender to sell all the seeds instead of just giving a box to the player upon completing a quest? I mean, once you complete the quest up to the point of getting the box you instead get a quest to find the farming vender.

As a suggestion for replacing the workstations: couldn't you do the same thing through the quest system? Basically, the animals will give you "quests" whereby if you meet the requirements you get the item or pregnant version of the animal.  There's a perk in-game whereby if you have a revolver out it will lower the prices; couldn't you use something similar to that code to take care of the animals needs?

For the first question. Yes, I may be able to do something along those lines. Quests are one of the things that I haven't really done anything with yet. This quest currently is from the original modlet. I may have changed the name on that, but the structure is untouched.

As for your suggestion. I would have to look into it. That part of the mod I'm trying to go off what Mayic had already hinted towards, so I added my twist to it.

Quick update concerning this modlet for anyone that is interested. So far, so good with b163. I've been playing the past couple days with no issues.

Also, I've been researching DMT. Blooms Animal Husbandry is very interesting. Thanks for having that in your pack Sphereii. (SphereII.Mods-Alpha19experimental) This is exactly what I had envisioned and was unclear how to implement. I'm familiar with SDX from modding in A16, so it shouldn't be an issue if I try some things using this tool. The missing link for me at the moment is tying my knowledge of C# and Unity all together with this. If you understand this already, then you've been where I am at right now. I'm basically on a fence, and can fall either way.

Uploaded the current version of the modlet. I've also uploaded a short video that will hopefully help anyone that needs help with mods, using this modlet as the example. I show the server start up as well to be sure there were no errors.

Archived