Farm Life Expanded (A19)

Phredd

hello i love this mod and i am super excited to see that the forum is still active. i am having a few issues crafting items. one set of items specifically is the "hungry ______ pen" once i have all the requirements and i open the farm table, or the vanilla workbench there is no "craft" option. am i doing something wrong here??
image.png.7a6bde407a600c7b136cc10d14487df2.png

2 hours ago, leotopk said:

Hi I love this mod so much. The only problem I have is red errors from progression.xml. Is there a way that I can delete the progression.xml and still unlock all perk stuffs? please help!

sdada.JPG

It conflicts with telrics stun baton perks. Is there a way to make them work togather?

On 10/2/2020 at 11:59 AM, cearrdorn said:

The absolutely beautiful cabinets are apparently out of range size wise and throw errors when opened. I tested all of them (the dark wood ones, I didn't test every color.) The only cabinet that apparently 'works' is the working sink and the plug (no storage) cabinet. The others throw an error and then the interface locks so you have to altf4 to get out of them. The error thrown is "indexoutofrangeexception: Index was outside the bounds of the array." 

A19.0_2020-10-02_13-55-47.jpg

Has anyone been able to find a resolution for this? I have the same problem in my server, any cabinets but the working sinks throws an index error when opened and closed, it's pretty game breaking as stated, you are forced to hard crash the game to continue.

Thank You.

I know the xmls for vanilla vehicles say their storage is maxed out at 100. It might be that the same limit applies to containers, as it look like you've got 100 slots in that screenie. Is that the point where the error pops up? If so, you might try setting the capacity to 100 even. To do that, look at the entry for the cabinets in the blocks.xml, make a note of the LootList value, then find that value in loot.xml. You might try editing the size down to 10,10 to give you a total of 100 slots in the cabinet.

16 minutes ago, Cranberry Monster said:

I know the xmls for vanilla vehicles say their storage is maxed out at 100. It might be that the same limit applies to containers, as it look like you've got 100 slots in that screenie. Is that the point where the error pops up? If so, you might try setting the capacity to 100 even. To do that, look at the entry for the cabinets in the blocks.xml, make a note of the LootList value, then find that value in loot.xml. You might try editing the size down to 10,10 to give you a total of 100 slots in the cabinet.

Aye I found it, the cabinet classes are all coded at 420 slots in the blocks XML, I reset em back to the base of 17 and it works.

FYI. I got the file as is from the download at 420, so if anyone else has issues with their cabinets check your Blocks.XML file in the mod pack.

The number in the blocks.xml is the lootlist, which determines how many rows by how many columns are displayed (via the size info in loot.xml). If you change the lootlist value, you're pointing it at a different present container/set of containers (since many share the same lootlist).  So, that 420 would represent a player-defined LootList in loot.xml of size x,y (haven't seen the a19 xmls, but before vanilla was using into the 390's), while 17 is a vanilla-defined container. Just make sure LootList 420 has a size of 10,10 or less, and you should have a function set of containers with 100 available storage slots.

2 hours ago, Cranberry Monster said:

The number in the blocks.xml is the lootlist, which determines how many rows by how many columns are displayed (via the size info in loot.xml). If you change the lootlist value, you're pointing it at a different present container/set of containers (since many share the same lootlist).  So, that 420 would represent a player-defined LootList in loot.xml of size x,y (haven't seen the a19 xmls, but before vanilla was using into the 390's), while 17 is a vanilla-defined container. Just make sure LootList 420 has a size of 10,10 or less, and you should have a function set of containers with 100 available storage slots.

Right on, Yeah I was in a real hurry to try and fix it for folks on my server so started firing blind, I'll go back in and make appropriate changes to rig it correctly. Thanks for the tips!

• 3 weeks later...

I have question about trees in this mod. Avocado, lemon, and walnut trees so far only give 2 fruit or wood. I know that there will be 3 when my skill increases but shouldn't a fruit bearing tree give a basket of fruit? and shouldn't the walnut tree give more than 2 planks?

• 3 weeks later...

The absolutely beautiful cabinets are apparently out of range size wise and throw errors when opened. I tested all of them (the dark wood ones, I didn't test every color.) The only cabinet that apparently 'works' is the working sink and the plug (no storage) cabinet. The others throw an error and then the interface locks so you have to altf4 to get out of them. The error thrown is "indexoutofrangeexception: Index was outside the bounds of the array." 

YES!!!!

U found the prob in the loot.xml....

change the lootcontainer size from 12,9 to 10,9 like:

<append xpath="/lootcontainers">
        <lootcontainer id="420" size="10,9" sound_open="UseActions/open_cupboard" sound_close="UseActions/close_cupboard" >
            </lootcontainer>            
        <lootcontainer id="421" size="10,9" sound_open="UseActions/open_chest" sound_close="UseActions/close_chest" >
            </lootcontainer>
        <lootcontainer id="422" size="10,9" sound_open="UseActions/open_dumpster" sound_close="UseActions/close_dumpster" >
            </lootcontainer>
        <lootcontainer id="423" size="10,9" sound_open="UseActions/gatoropen" sound_close="UseActions/gatorclose" >
            </lootcontainer>            
    </append>   

just wondering, We run a undead legacy server with your modlet added onto it but It seems to be having issues with the hoe tool and it's stopping players from using your mod to farm, is there possibly a way that we can make it compatible with the undead legacy main mod so that we can fully implement your modlet,
TIA

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

I'm playing on the A19.3 stable, I installed the mod Farm life expanded. I had no error message when I start the game everything seems to work till I try to use the pitch fork to feed the animals. It doesnt work. It only make dammages to the hungry angus pen block....

I have an error message when I try to launch the quest for livestock .https://prnt.sc/yasyr9

Could you please tell me how to fix that? I only have this mod installed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 6:41 AM, sparx said:

hello i love this mod and i am super excited to see that the forum is still active. i am having a few issues crafting items. one set of items specifically is the "hungry ______ pen" once i have all the requirements and i open the farm table, or the vanilla workbench there is no "craft" option. am i doing something wrong here??
image.png.7a6bde407a600c7b136cc10d14487df2.png

I know it's been a while, but let me help you anyway (assuming you haven't figured it out) 

The reason you're not seeing the crafting option is because you're not using the proper workstation. (example: "Hungry Angus Pen" requires that you be using the "Cow" workstation. So first, you craft "Cow" using animal bedding and animal feed, then you place it and use that to craft the "Hungry Angus Pen" (among other things). Same thing with the chicken and all the other animals. Hope this helps!

On 2/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, Anianka said:

Hello all.

I'm playing on the A19.3 stable, I installed the mod Farm life expanded. I had no error message when I start the game everything seems to work till I try to use the pitch fork to feed the animals. It doesnt work. It only make dammages to the hungry angus pen block....

I have an error message when I try to launch the quest for livestock .https://prnt.sc/yasyr9

Could you please tell me how to fix that? I only have this mod installed.

I'm running the same version and not having any problems (assuming you are RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON clicking) with it. I don't know about the quest, but I haven't done it so can't verify if it works or not.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:54 AM, Phredd said:

I was hoping to post that link today. Life happened, so hopefully by Mon. No promises.

Hey Phredd,

Hope life hasn't zapped you away because I found a problem. (Most of them I've fixed myself but this one is beyond me) 

There's no recipe for the Spinning Wheel. It exists in the game (model wise) but I can't find it in the crafting section and I checked the recipe list and the only recipe there is for Thread (which requires wool and the Spinning Wheel) 

Any chance you can help with this?

On 12/2/2020 at 5:12 PM, Darbbo said:

I have question about trees in this mod. Avocado, lemon, and walnut trees so far only give 2 fruit or wood. I know that there will be 3 when my skill increases but shouldn't a fruit bearing tree give a basket of fruit? and shouldn't the walnut tree give more than 2 planks?

I modified mine to give me more wood. If you'd like, I can modify one to give more fruit as well and then send it to you. (I get 9 wood off each tree now)

also Phredd, just a warning (to everyone else as well)

You're settings for Heatmap are WAY high! Your tools produce more heat than the forge... and that's saying something. Example:

Forge Default Settings:

<block name="forge">
    <property name="HeatMapStrength" value="6"/>
    <property name="HeatMapTime" value="5000"/>
    <property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="1000"/>

This means that every 1000 ticks, the forge adds 6 points to the heat map which then take 5000 ticks to go away. Your settings:

<block name="Turkey">
            <property name="HeatMapStrength" value="8"/>
            <property name="HeatMapTime" value="1200"/>
            <property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="25"/>

means that every 25 ticks, the turkey is generating 8 heat that takes 1200 ticks to go away... 

I sat in my game and literally watched the Heatmap meter climb 5% every SECOND while using the gas oven. That's waaaaayyyy to much.. So you might want to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the error i'm seeing when I try and run SoDead_FarmLifeExpanded and The Wasteland mods together - no other mods present.

Spoiler

2021-03-04T20:51:25 80.710 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'progression.xml' failed
2021-03-04T20:51:25 80.710 EXC An item with the same key has already been added. Key: perkwildwastelandheavyhands
ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: perkwildwastelandheavyhands
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x000c1] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
  at ProgressionFromXml.parseProgressionItem (System.Xml.XmlElement childElement, System.Int32 max_level, System.Int32 min_level, System.Int32 base_cost, System.Single cost_multiplier_per_level, System.Single max_level_ratio_to_parent, System.Single& order) [0x003ae] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at ProgressionFromXml.parseProgressionItems (System.Xml.XmlElement element) [0x0018c] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at ProgressionFromXml+<Load>d__3.MoveNext () [0x000d1] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <e9521218400243e9ac8c145545b586cf>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<>c__DisplayClass50_0:<loadSingleXml>b__2(Exception)
<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

The effect of this is that all the sets of Perk Books show as -1/-1 instead of 0/7 and no longer work.  Everything else appears to be functional.  What I don't understand is that I don't see your mod making any changes to the Perk Books.  The Wasteland adds 2 sets of Perk Books to be collected and your mod adds a Perk category for Farming, which is present and appears usable.

Question:  Is there any way to remove the stack-resizing to 25000 of everything ?  Is throwing off our game no end.

NM - found the line to delete,  Seems an odd choice of something to add to this mod though, as it mucks up all kinds of other things and has nothing to do with farming or decoration.  I would think that it would make a better separate mini-mod if you really want huge stacks of everything.

• 2 weeks later...

This reply is to everyone.

I've not worked on this in 7 months. I posted that I wouldn't be working on this anymore back in August. I didn't give a reason then. But now that time has passed, I can say the reason was... fire. I lost all my files and have not had the heart to continue with this. And I'll be honest, it's taken me this long to give a crap about anything.

As stated in the past, if anyone wants to continue with this, by all means, go for it. I'll leave the links to my git repository up, as those are the only files I have left and they were about a month behind what my actual progress was. Doesn't matter anymore anyway as it's all gone.

I will not be continuing and will be asking a mod to lock this thread.

Thank you to all that supported this.

Just started playing around with this.....Wow there is so much to it.  I was using the "farming" mod and now trying this!  Dissapointed that the butcher table is not longer used for anything.  the Table itself looks awesome.    I may make it so that the butchers table and Chopping block can both craft the same things.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived