Farm Life Expanded (A19)

Phredd

Hello all,

So I've run into the same error as Dodoriax so I've been doing a bit of troubleshooting. The error happens when I run my cursor across the empty area where normally you purchase your skills in the skill tree area. Not sure why it appears for some of us and not others (I'm running A19.178) I even started a fresh local game with only farm life and I still get the NRE if I run my cursor over there however its not a game breaking error nor does it prevent playing the mod.

Have a great apocalypse and don't touch my Twinkies! 😁🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

Hello there. I know this is just experimental version of the Farm mod but still I am confused... i downloaded the 10th August update and tried it out. I was surprised that it uses lolder game mechanics from A16 and ealrier. You can pick flowers and crops just by pressing "E" (wich is useless because you need 5 crops for one seed). Quests that you need 4 corns to craft seed but its impossible unless you have at least 5 corns. For some cooking components you need forge with "tool and die set" which was been removed in A18. Can even craft cooking components that only requers anvil... well I know this is experimental... but it looks like you are trying to port the mod from A16... why dont you port it from A18? 

I am just curious. Please dont take it serious from me. I dont want to make you angry or so... I am jist surprised that mod does use old game mechanics.

thanks. Take care.

Tom

7 hours ago, Tomano123 said:

Hello there. I know this is just experimental version of the Farm mod but still I am confused... i downloaded the 10th August update and tried it out. I was surprised that it uses lolder game mechanics from A16 and ealrier. You can pick flowers and crops just by pressing "E" (wich is useless because you need 5 crops for one seed). Quests that you need 4 corns to craft seed but its impossible unless you have at least 5 corns. For some cooking components you need forge with "tool and die set" which was been removed in A18. Can even craft cooking components that only requers anvil... well I know this is experimental... but it looks like you are trying to port the mod from A16... why dont you port it from A18? 

I am just curious. Please dont take it serious from me. I dont want to make you angry or so... I am jist surprised that mod does use old game mechanics.

thanks. Take care.

Tom

Hello. While it's true that you can use "E" to gather, it's just an option. You can still punch crops to harvest. In fact, some items it's better to punch to harvest. And I set it up that way.

As for seeds. If you played just a bit longer, you would see that with the Farm Table you can convert any seed to any other seed.

Tool and Die set was removed, but again, I added it back and it is used in the Farm Forge. All the recipes you mention that you can't make, can be made in the Farm Forge. It was the very first thing I did with Stasis Modlet.

It's actually ported from A17 copies. I'm not even sure there are A18 copies of FarmLife2Mod, I never seen one anyway. Only Farm Life V3 for A18, and I started working on this a while before I even knew about that.

I'm not angry at all. Thanks for your interest in this Modlet. The guys that started these before I added my spin to it deserve all the credit. I just put this together for friends and decided to share it with anyone that was interested.

13 minutes ago, Phredd said:

Hello. While it's true that you can use "E" to gather, it's just an option. You can still punch crops to harvest. In fact, some items it's better to punch to harvest. And I set it up that way.

As for seeds. If you played just a bit longer, you would see that with the Farm Table you can convert any seed to any other seed.

Tool and Die set was removed, but again, I added it back and it is used in the Farm Forge. All the recipes you mention that you can't make, can be made in the Farm Forge. It was the very first thing I did with Stasis Modlet.

It's actually ported from A17 copies. I'm not even sure there are A18 copies of FarmLife2Mod, I never seen one anyway. Only Farm Life V3 for A18, and I started working on this a while before I even knew about that.

I'm not angry at all. Thanks for your interest in this Modlet. The guys that started these before I added my spin to it deserve all the credit. I just put this together for friends and decided to share it with anyone that was interested.

Ahhh... farm forge... sorry. I saw that item in the game :)

anyway the "Cooker" (that thing you place above oven)... I couldnt find any craftings there even in second crafting folders. Is it my glitch or craftings are locked or not implemented yet? And the new grill... sometimes it burns on the sides even its not operating. When I placed it it was OK, but my friend told me the grill is lit. It wasnt... but when I moved in other place and came back the grill actually was lit but the flane particles were on sides. Again i dont know if it is a bug or we made something wrong again :) 

BTW I played FarmLife on A18 alot. Its super fun for me to play this.

7 hours ago, Tomano123 said:

Ahhh... farm forge... sorry. I saw that item in the game :)

anyway the "Cooker" (that thing you place above oven)... I couldnt find any craftings there even in second crafting folders. Is it my glitch or craftings are locked or not implemented yet? And the new grill... sometimes it burns on the sides even its not operating. When I placed it it was OK, but my friend told me the grill is lit. It wasnt... but when I moved in other place and came back the grill actually was lit but the flane particles were on sides. Again i dont know if it is a bug or we made something wrong again :) 

BTW I played FarmLife on A18 alot. Its super fun for me to play this.

Hi, could you be more specific on the cooker?

The Webber Grill is the one that does what you described. That is untouched from Mayic's Farming modlet.

When I mentioned Farm Life in A18, I meant specifically FarmLife2Mod. Demmers project, Farm Life V3 I know is also Stasis. I assume most things are the same.

18 hours ago, Phredd said:

Hi, could you be more specific on the cooker?

The Webber Grill is the one that does what you described. That is untouched from Mayic's Farming modlet.

When I mentioned Farm Life in A18, I meant specifically FarmLife2Mod. Demmers project, Farm Life V3 I know is also Stasis. I assume most things are the same.

Gas cooker Top doesn't include any recipes. There is nothing in all folders nor in the second one. its empty... (I mean not locked) 

9 hours ago, Tomano123 said:

Gas cooker Top doesn't include any recipes. There is nothing in all folders nor in the second one. its empty... (I mean not locked) 

That's intentional. And part of the description in my original post about Workstations.

With that said, I have to say Thank you to everyone that supported this project. Sadly, I have to end my involvement at this time. I'm uncertain if I will be able to return to continue.

Thank you to Stasis78, Mayic and hernanxx again for the permissions.

Hey there guys. So ive noticed that many people complain about incompalabilities between this mod and others (SMXui and Custom Perks - Prestige).

Im not exactely sure what the whole compatability issue is but the ones I could find I (partially) solved myself by playing around in the \Mods\SoDead_FarmLifeExpanded\Config\progression.xml file.

It turns out that when using SMXui, these mods screw up and dont work as intended. The reason I found is that, for some reason, SMXui removes Skills and replaces them with perks. So if you are using SMXui and this mod, the skills page may be broken so much that you cant use the skills at all.

I fixed it by removing (or rather commenting it out) the skillFarmLife skill and making the parent of the perk perkFarmLife, attFarmLife, which is actually the button you click in the skills window to access this mod's skills. Removing the skill and giving the perk a icon fixed it for me.

I attatched a modified version of the file for the mod creator/composer and for other users/modders to see what I did to make it compatable with SMXui and Custom Perks.

SoDead_FarmLifeExpanded.7z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KioriBug said:

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but clicking the link for the vanilla backpack option doesn't seem to lead to a different download then the 96 slot backpack, unless there is something else I am supposed to do.  Am I missing something?

LOL, good catch!

When you open this listing, you will see two different branches:

• SoDead_FarmLifeExpanded
  • SoDead_FarmLifeExpanded_w_bbm

I may be wrong, but I guess that the latter includes the big backpack mod, however it was updated two months ago, whereas the former was updated just one month ago. If I may suggest, I would highly recommend to install the one without big backpack and then install an external big backpack mod such as Deep Pockets mod, so that you will get the latest features of Farm Life Expanded while keeping the big backpack feature as well (if you're interested in big backpack feature, that is).

I tested this mod with Deep Pockets mod and it works perfectly.

2 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

LOL, good catch!

When you open this listing, you will see two different branches:

• SoDead_FarmLifeExpanded
  • SoDead_FarmLifeExpanded_w_bbm

I may be wrong, but I guess that the latter includes the big backpack mod, however it was updated two months ago, whereas the former was updated just one month ago. If I may suggest, I would highly recommend to install the one without big backpack and then install an external big backpack mod such as Deep Pockets mod, so that you will get the latest features of Farm Life Expanded while keeping the big backpack feature as well (if you're interested in big backpack feature, that is).

I tested this mod with Deep Pockets mod and it works perfectly.

I have zero idea why I didn't clue into that...I'm used to downloading mods from Nexus and this is was the first mod linked to a gitlab page.  Thank you kindly! 

I don't personally mind the larger backpack.  Its not too much of a big deal to me but I am going to be playing with others and the large backpack is a bit overkill for them.  I'll keep the deep pockets mod in mind if we do decide to add a bigger back later though.  Thank you for the response!

1 hour ago, KioriBug said:

I have zero idea why I didn't clue into that...I'm used to downloading mods from Nexus and this is was the first mod linked to a gitlab page.  Thank you kindly! 

I don't personally mind the larger backpack.  Its not too much of a big deal to me but I am going to be playing with others and the large backpack is a bit overkill for them.  I'll keep the deep pockets mod in mind if we do decide to add a bigger back later though.  Thank you for the response!

You're welcome! I would say that bigger backpack is a must for this massive mod, because there are so many new items you will probably need one. ;)

The absolutely beautiful cabinets are apparently out of range size wise and throw errors when opened. I tested all of them (the dark wood ones, I didn't test every color.) The only cabinet that apparently 'works' is the working sink and the plug (no storage) cabinet. The others throw an error and then the interface locks so you have to altf4 to get out of them. The error thrown is "indexoutofrangeexception: Index was outside the bounds of the array." 

A19.0_2020-10-02_13-55-47.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just added to a a19 play w/4 players (added with game already 50 days in didn't want to restart). Seems to be working great so far, wife loves it. Thank you for all the time/effort. 

Edit just for info anyone that reads this: the animal workstation is the actual animals. Craft a cow and you have a cow workstation. 

2nd Edit: After 8 hrs of play the only glitch was the inability to place & set down a crafted baby cow  or any baby animal (crafted in animal cow workstation). 

FYI for anyone. Far as i can tell all the baby animals are currently not working (can craft but not set down/place). The pens similar thing (can craft and place but the animal falls over an nothing happens further with it). I'm not smart enough to figure out the how/why. :)

6 hours ago, kattenijin said:

@Dre You need to use the pitchfork to feed the animals, then after a few days they will be ready to harvest.

I can't place the babies ones after crafting them in the animal workstations. If it works for others (placing them) and it's just me then its probably a mod conflict for me. But thanks for taking the time to try to help, helpful to know others can place them.  Mod works fine otherwise and if I get around to it will trouble shoot the conflict (no errors so might take awhile)

• 2 weeks later...

You n

On 10/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, Dre said:

I can't place the babies ones after crafting them in the animal workstations. If it works for others (placing them) and it's just me then its probably a mod conflict for me. But thanks for taking the time to try to help, helpful to know others can place them.  Mod works fine otherwise and if I get around to it will trouble shoot the conflict (no errors so might take awhile)

You need to place the babies on the Fertile animal ground

Sem título.png

Archived