Z2 - HUD Replacement (Alpha19)

Sirillion

Quu2m3B.jpg

Z2 is a small side project of mine that I just sat down and started coding the other day. I started with creating a new compass bar and then just

went from there, making things up as I progressed along the orange line. The result is what you see in the screenshots below.

No external assets were used in the development of this HUD with the exception of the compass bar of course which sparked this whole thing.

The compass bar is hosted online(imgur) and that makes this modlet server friendly in the terms that it requires no client downloads unless one

opts to use the optional 10 slot tool belt and target health bar patches which will require the clients to download and install DMT modlets.

I've not spent a whole lot of time on this modlet yet, and as such I am sure there are both bugs and hopefully minor issues I haven't caught

before releasing it. Please make me aware of those with a post in this thread. I prefer not to be sent PM's in this regard.

Worktime: 3-4h (initial sketchup)

Worktime: 6-7h (fine tuning, touchups, changes)

This modlet is coded to be a HUD killer. This means that it can be dropped into an overhaul mod and it will likely kill the overhauls HUD and

replace it with Z2. Some adaptation might be needed depending on overhaul features and original HUD complexity.

Z2 is currently not scale friendly, due to this it attempts to lock the scale at vanilla values. This might cause issues if added to other mods or

modlets that rely on changing the scale to display correctly. This will be rectified in an upcoming version.

It's color scheme is also highly customizable through the styles.xml file. So if orange is not your thing, change it there by setting a new R,G,B

color code in the correct style entry. This will be further diversified in an upcoming version.

spacer.png

Z2 - Showing the HUD and the radial menu.

pUeRRT3.jpg

Z2 - Showing the vehicle health and fuel bars.

uUcNoM8.jpg

Z2 comes with some optional features that can be used. The reason I made these optional is because they require a higher level of experience

when it comes to modding, they require the use of third party tools, they render the client EAC unfriendly and they require clients to download
and install the modlets locally.

The first optional feature that is available at release is the target health bar which, when installed correctly, enables the target health bar in the

games engine and adds some other tweaks by SphereII to further enhance and touch up the bars a little. (DMT patch provided by SphereII)

Z2THB no longer requires a DMT patch to work. Simply install it as any other modlet.

68747470733a2f2f696d6775722e636f6d2f395a

Z2THB - Showing the target health bar. (Requires client install and DMT patching.)

The second optional feature that is available at release is a patch to tweak Z2 to fit if you have a 10 slot tool belt modlet or overhaul installed.

Please do note that Z2 itself does not currently come with a 10 slot tool belt DMT patch.

68747470733a2f2f696d6775722e636f6d2f4130

Z2TB10 - Showing a 10 slot tool belt. (Requires client install and DMT patching. Also requires a 10 slot tool belt DMT mod/modlet.)

HEg0nXj.jpg

To download click on the images below. They pull directly from my github repo. Optionally you can download and install these modlets through

SphereII's Mod Launcher (recommended). Install like any other modlet by dropping it into your 7 Days to Die installation folder and making sure

that the hierarchy is as follows; "Mods\modname\ModInfo.xml". And as always, do the smart thing and backup saves first. Use at your own risk.

Download Z2                    Download Z2TB10                    Download Z2THB                   

This is an initial release and is to be considered a test version. Please post here with any issues that may present themselves.

Updates and changes will happen when I get around to it. I will try and touch up this main post with some more fancy graphics and stuff soon :)

Hope you like it!

Edited by Sirillion
Updated info and added some graphics. (see edit history)

Sirillion,

Love the HUD. I downloaded and using all three but I have an issue. I tried to resolve any potential conflicts with any other molders that I had and started new games in an attempt to resolve on my own. Everything except the health bar works. In your example photos in your photo the display portion is there but it stays empt when targeting a zombie. I even tried multiple zombies and animals. I am on an iMac with version 18.4(b4). Any thoughts of what I could try for resolution?

3 hours ago, Galaktus said:

Sirillion,

Love the HUD. I downloaded and using all three but I have an issue. I tried to resolve any potential conflicts with any other molders that I had and started new games in an attempt to resolve on my own. Everything except the health bar works. In your example photos in your photo the display portion is there but it stays empt when targeting a zombie. I even tried multiple zombies and animals. I am on an iMac with version 18.4(b4). Any thoughts of what I could try for resolution?

With the target health bar it is the same as always, it comes with a Harmony folder and a script to unlock the health bar in the engine but it will not activate unless run through the DMT Viewer tool and injected into the game engine.

You can find DMT in the tools section of this forum.

4 hours ago, giKoN said:

Love it! Regarding the compass I'm working on something similar for a while for our HUD. I noticed your numbers jump 255 to 260 instead of 270. Just a minor detail to correct :)

Good catch, thanks for informing me. Lets blame the type-o's 😛

Fixed now, I uploaded a new version of the compass line to imgur, but due to me not finding out if I can retain the same link name for it I updated the repo with a new texture link. So once you download and update the modlet that should be fixed :)

DqeOHfk.jpg

Uploaded Release 2 to github.

Release Notes - Z2:

• Re-Coded parts of the modlet to better comply with scale changes.
  • Added Day / Time display to UI panels.
  • Fixed bug in the tool belt controller which caused the background texture for the paintbrush not to show. (Selected material texture)

• Changed the design for the throw power bar. (Bow Draw)

• Added more color diversity in styles.xml.

• Changed color of labels and icons to white, but kept a separate style entry to keep customization options open.

• Cleaned up the files some.

Release Notes - Z2TB10

• Some minor adjustments due to the Z2 re-code.

Release Notes - Z2THB

• Added the dayTimeHUD window to xui.xml.

Please do some testing on it and tell me in a post here how it works. I am particularly interested in the party frames as I have not tested those properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the same error as huannan5300 was getting, where it returns the error under console indefinitely for me. It was happening at random for me, sometimes almost within a minute of booting into the game or just leaving it alone.

Now, I am running a lot of mods, so compatibility is probably the issue there. I was running War3zuk's AIO Overhaul and also under Darkness Falls.

Very nice design, thank you for creating this mod!

7 hours ago, laughingsteam said:

I'm getting the same error as huannan5300 was getting, where it returns the error under console indefinitely for me. It was happening at random for me, sometimes almost within a minute of booting into the game or just leaving it alone.

Now, I am running a lot of mods, so compatibility is probably the issue there. I was running War3zuk's AIO Overhaul and also under Darkness Falls.

Very nice design, thank you for creating this mod!

Z2 is coded to avoid most conflicts as there is only so much that can be done to the HUD that could potentially break the game. The missing compass line asset is one such thing.

The way Z2 works is that it just takes over the HUD by forcing the xui.xml file to be setup in a certain way with the affected windows. My guess is you are experiencing the same error that he did and that the game cannot find the compass asset. Try following this link and see if you can see the image...

https://i.imgur.com/ktagIqe.png

You can also opt to download the image file, put it into a folder under the mod folder for instance Textures and then change line 24 in windows.xml to fit.

So that would make the hierarchy \Mods\Z2\Textures\filename.png and the texture value on line 24 would have to be @modfolder:Textures\filename.png

Hope that helps...

11 hours ago, Sirillion said:

Z2 is coded to avoid most conflicts as there is only so much that can be done to the HUD that could potentially break the game. The missing compass line asset is one such thing.

The way Z2 works is that it just takes over the HUD by forcing the xui.xml file to be setup in a certain way with the affected windows. My guess is you are experiencing the same error that he did and that the game cannot find the compass asset. Try following this link and see if you can see the image...

https://i.imgur.com/ktagIqe.png

You can also opt to download the image file, put it into a folder under the mod folder for instance Textures and then change line 24 in windows.xml to fit.

So that would make the hierarchy \Mods\Z2\Textures\filename.png and the texture value on line 24 would have to be @modfolder:Textures\filename.png

Hope that helps...

THAT WORKED!!! Thank you so much!!

Can you DM me a link to donate? I love this mod so much and everything you create ❤️

24 minutes ago, laughingsteam said:

THAT WORKED!!! Thank you so much!!

Can you DM me a link to donate? I love this mod so much and everything you create ❤️

I think there is a link in my other modlets thread but do not feel like you have to donate to me, but if you do it comes appreciated :)

25 minutes ago, Sirillion said:

I think there is a link in my other modlets thread but do not feel like you have to donate to me, but if you do it comes appreciated :)

I know, but you've made tons of mods along with the mod launcher, etc. that really helps this community. Thank you for everything you've done! I found the link thanks! :) 

1 hour ago, laughingsteam said:

I know, but you've made tons of mods along with the mod launcher, etc. that really helps this community. Thank you for everything you've done! I found the link thanks! :) 

That would be sphereii, that made the mod launcher. Thanks for the donation, much appreciated :)

Edited by Sirillion (see edit history)

Is this (base z2 UI mod) working on the latest build?  I just came back to the game after a few years, and looking for some UI mods, found this and installed it, but it doesn't seem to be activating in game.  Thanks!

Edit nvm I figured it out, it needs to be installed server side :)

Edited by itspreach (see edit history)

Hi, i'm currently trying to get this mod working on my private server and i seem to not be able to. I have not used mods before in 7DTD so it's new for me, but i managed to get it working in singleplayer and it looks brilliant. Would it be possible, for this to work in multiplayer? Thanks

25 minutes ago, MathewMantas said:

Hi, i'm currently trying to get this mod working on my private server and i seem to not be able to. I have not used mods before in 7DTD so it's new for me, but i managed to get it working in singleplayer and it looks brilliant. Would it be possible, for this to work in multiplayer? Thanks

Just install it on the server and it should be good to go.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, Sirillion said:

Just install it on the server and it should be good to go.

Thanks for the reply, now it works fine. I just wanted to report that i and my friend we found a slight bug with the mod.
So when you have 10 toolbelt mod active and you're eating for example can of peas the peas get trasfered to the 9'th slot and if you drag it into your inventory while still eating it duplicates the item. This also works for crafting, so if you would have Forged steel in your 9'th slot and craft ladders it would not use materials from that slot and when you would cancel it you would receive the same amount of steel you did not use to your inventory but not that slot. I just wanted to let you know about this and maybe try to patch it.

spacer.png

Also forgot to mention, when you have those slots taken up and try to use food or medicine it says your either not hungry or not hurt even though you definitely are.

Edited by MathewMantas (see edit history)

7 hours ago, MathewMantas said:

Thanks for the reply, now it works fine. I just wanted to report that i and my friend we found a slight bug with the mod.
So when you have 10 toolbelt mod active and you're eating for example can of peas the peas get trasfered to the 9'th slot and if you drag it into your inventory while still eating it duplicates the item. This also works for crafting, so if you would have Forged steel in your 9'th slot and craft ladders it would not use materials from that slot and when you would cancel it you would receive the same amount of steel you did not use to your inventory but not that slot. I just wanted to let you know about this and maybe try to patch it.

spacer.png

Also forgot to mention, when you have those slots taken up and try to use food or medicine it says your either not hungry or not hurt even though you definitely are.

I think you've misunderstood the 10 slot toolbelt. It is simply a design support, you will still need to install a 10 slot toolbelt mod that actually creates a 10 slot toolbelt, if not it will not work. As stated in the OP: "Please do note that Z2 itself does not currently come with a 10 slot tool belt DMT patch."

You will need to install a 10 slot toolbelt DMT patch for it to work properly, I do not provide that.

DqeOHfk.jpg

Uploaded Z2 A19.0.Release1 to github.

Release Notes - Z2:

• Interaction Prompt now has colored states. (Locked, unlocked, empty etc.)
  • Added hyperlink functionality to buff frames. (New A19 feature.)
  • Added several options for the compass bar style. With or without directional labels with both online and offline locations. Defaults to online without labels. This can be changed in windows.xml.

• Removed scale settings in xui.xml. The game now has built in scaling in the video settings. UI Size.

Release Notes - Z2TB10

• Some minor adjustments to positioning.

Release Notes - Z2THB

• No longer needs a DMT patch to work. Enable/disable by installing/removing.

Please do some testing on it and tell me in a post here how it works. I am particularly interested in the party frames as I have not tested those properly.