Z2 - HUD Replacement (Alpha19)

Sirillion

37 minutes ago, ArNaLdInHo said:

Is is possible to show Mobility or armor rating in ui, or other STATS how i do that ?

Theoretically yes. I've not spent any time on that though. The values exist in the character frame window and in theory you should be able to call them there. It probably won't be easy and it might not work at all but that is where you will need to start to try and display it on the HUD.

I know people had the food and water values pulled from that window to display the "true" value but it had a tendency to bug the character frame window when done that way and as a result I opted not to go that route.

I pull from that window in the conversation windows in SMX to display the player name and the character model.

54 minutes ago, caatalyst said:

Awesome looking UI. 

I'd love to see a minimal / immersive version:

• No orange lines around the edge
  • Fade in and out food / hunger meters when not in use or critical
  • Fade in and out HP / stamina bars when not in use or critical

Those orange lines can be removed in styles.xml simply by setting their color to transparent. The other two requires custom code to achieve I think as there are no such feature in the visibility code afaik.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 4:06 PM, Sirillion said:

Those orange lines can be removed in styles.xml simply by setting their color to transparent. The other two requires custom code to achieve I think as there are no such feature in the visibility code afaik.

What is "transparent" in rpg? i'm pretty sure it cannot be coded with just numbers

46 minutes ago, Falcon337 said:

What is "transparent" in rpg? i'm pretty sure it cannot be coded with just numbers

There is already a predefined global color style called transparent so change the color value to 0,0,0,0 and it will be black but transparent due to the opacity being set to 0.(last digit)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 4:18 AM, RaiRaiTheRaichu said:

Absolutely love the design of this HUD. Super unique and very neat and clean. 

Unfortunately, all the icons are just a tiny bit too small to see on my 1440p monitor (especially the item pickup notifications at the bottom right) so I don't think I can get proper use of this mod. :C

Did you try adjusting the UI scale in your settings?

16 minutes ago, RaiRaiTheRaichu said:

I thought the UI scale couldn't go above 100%, but I do see you can change that in a config xml so maybe I'll give it another try after tweaking that a bit.

A new version is in the works. The coding part is finished but some testing remains. It’s just been put on hold while working on SMX updates.

The icon size for the buffs and then collection sections have been increased and it is coded in such a way that it is easily interchangeable by setting a controls node in windows.xml. I expect to get it out in a few days.

1 hour ago, Sirillion said:

A new version is in the works. The coding part is finished but some testing remains. It’s just been put on hold while working on SMX updates.

The icon size for the buffs and then collection sections have been increased and it is coded in such a way that it is easily interchangeable by setting a controls node in windows.xml. I expect to get it out in a few days.

That's awesome to hear, thanks. This is easily the most unique HUD mod out there, can't wait to use it again!

9 minutes ago, Sirillion said:

I'd argue my SMXhud is more unique than this one 😛

True! The theme of it is super fitting, that's for sure. I think I just didn't like the large middle section of the container menu with the control list, that might be the only thing I wasn't a big fan of. I did use it back in A17 and previous versions though!

Though this one feels... sort of sci-fi, and really minimalist and clean-looking, which seems definitely not what the genre of 7DTD is lol, but I kind of like the feel it gives. It's something different for my playthrough this time!

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2020 at 1:17 AM, Sirillion said:

Would love to see a small setting to turn off the day/time from the HUD and change that HUD corner to just a line around the edge.

2 hours ago, CrainBramp said:

Would love to see a small setting to turn off the day/time from the HUD and change that HUD corner to just a line around the edge.

I’ve almost abandoned this project due to time constraints. I still have not had time to fully test the latest version. But if I do get back into it I will look into the suggestion.

Edited by Sirillion (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, shadowireland said:

looks badass sadly it dont work on servers :(

It should work just fine. You just need to add the 10 slot tool belt optional. I’ve still been to busy to do anything about this modlet tbh. It should get an update to incorporate the tool belt changes, maybe I can find some time during this holiday.

7 hours ago, Sirillion said:

It should work just fine. You just need to add the 10 slot tool belt optional. I’ve still been to busy to do anything about this modlet tbh. It should get an update to incorporate the tool belt changes, maybe I can find some time during this holiday.

Currently using a modified version of this on 4 of my servers. I just changed the orange lines to black lines, but other than that GREAT JOB! 1200+ people really love and appreciate your work.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 9:06 PM, Sirillion said:

I could try again adding it to the server but I dono if it might or might not take it 

nope, ive tried them all still nothing coming up on the server