Antibiotics - help

gcomerfo

I can't find enough antibiotics. I know there was an effort to reduce meds and make infection a real survival threat. And I like that. However, it's almost too much now.

I got infected on like Day 3, caught off guard. Ok fine. Went thru like 3 POIs - no antibiotics. Finally even found a Pop-n-Pills and cleared it. The enitre POI had 2 antibiotics but my infection was enough that they did not fully cure it! ( I had stacks of splints, bandages, painkiller, grain alcohol, etc) Then - 3 airdrops - NO anitbiotics!

Come on Man! I an can't find any berries to make the herbal ones! And, what ever happened with Honey?? None in the loot! Was it removed?!

Please, give me some advice.... after those 2 antibiotics, my infection went all the way down to around 10% and now went all the way back to 95% already. I cleared like 5 more POIs - nothing, and Pop-n-Pills is all emptied out! Now what??

Search to find tree stubs and chop them down. They can contain honey. Otherwise, i suggest you pay much more attention to not be hit (no offense here pal). You cant make antibiotics until level 4 of Yeah Science! perk. In the meantime, try to raise Lucky Looter, find some looting goggles, try to find a Crack-A-Book to read books that gives you more chances to find honey in stubs or more medecine in loot.

Search to find tree stubs and chop them down. They can contain honey. Otherwise, i suggest you pay much more attention to not be hit (no offense here pal). You cant make antibiotics until level 4 of Yeah Science! perk. In the meantime, try to raise Lucky Looter, find some looting goggles, try to find a Crack-A-Book to read books that gives you more chances to find honey in stubs or more medecine in loot.

Spoiler tags dude... spoiler tags.

¿Que?

Dude, the guy needs help, he's not asking to be held by the hand every second he plays the game... This isnt spoiling anything. He still has to search for that stuff, this isnt giving him anything free of work and effort.

Low tier quests often have herbal antibiotics as a reward. Not any kind of a guarantee, but digging is pretty quick.

And if you're low on antibiotics, don't use them the instant you get infected; let it tick up for a while. While you're infected, getting re-infected doesn't seem to do anything, so you get some immunity for the time the meds work.

¿Que?

Dude, the guy needs help, he's not asking to be held by the hand every second he plays the game... This isnt spoiling anything. He still has to search for that stuff, this isnt giving him anything free of work and effort.

It's not for him, it's for anyone who may stumble on this thread and would rather not have known the answer.

It's not for him, it's for anyone who may stumble on this thread and would rather not have known the answer.

i know this sounds wired but. Why a tree stump? out of all the places to find honey the First thing i do is check my Local tree truck!. that just a pet peeve and it should be a tool tip telling you this imo

Hey All, thanks for the advice! The tree stumps! ok, i had no idea. I thought they phased out the old lootable ones and did not know can harvest new ones! The missing puzzle piece. I may just survive yet! Wish me luck - logging in now with 96% infection...

i know this sounds wired but. Why a tree stump? out of all the places to find honey the First thing i do is check my Local tree truck!. that just a pet peeve and it should be a tool tip telling you this imo

Tree stumps used to be lootable, a good source of early-game fresh water and canned food. Even further back we had ill-tempered-mutated bees with a couple of lootable nests in nave.

Honey bees can build nests in hollowed out trees and since a tree with a hole in its trunk tends to die quite quickly (according to a tree timescale) it would make sense that a hollowed-out stump would be a decent place to find honey. It's nice of the bees to jar it up for us though. :-)

Tree stumps used to be lootable, a good source of early-game fresh water and canned food. Even further back we had ill-tempered-mutated bees with a couple of lootable nests in nave.

Honey bees can build nests in hollowed out trees and since a tree with a hole in its trunk tends to die quite quickly (according to a tree timescale) it would make sense that a hollowed-out stump would be a decent place to find honey. It's nice of the bees to jar it up for us though. :-)

i guess your right. granted iv never seen bee hives like that (all i have seen was Hives hanging on a Tree or a wall and underground...) but that does make sense with the trucks, but i real life if i had to look for honey i would look for a Hive in some old house, old car, or on a tree, not a rather healthy looking stump. but i think i would be nice if TFP made a tool tip for player like this guy saying, "in emergency's. you can find honey by destroying a tree stump" or something like that.

i guess your right. granted iv never seen bee hives like that (all i have seen was Hives hanging on a Tree or a wall and underground...) but that does make sense with the trucks, but i real life if i had to look for honey i would look for a Hive in some old house, old car, or on a tree, not a rather healthy looking stump. but i think i would be nice if TFP made a tool tip for player like this guy saying, "in emergency's. you can find honey by destroying a tree stump" or something like that.

Honestly? I don't think I've ever seen a wild beehive at all. I've seen some empty artificial ones but I cannot remember ever seeing one with bees actually in it. If I wanted honey the first place I'd try and loot is a supermarket :-)

Ok, so I tried my best. I found first tree stump - 1 honey - cool! Infection reducing...

Searching more tree stumps.. hey, where the Buck are all the tree stumps in this huge pine forest.

Wait, there's one! running (losing stamina).. ok phew - chop, chop, chop... NO honey!

Running all over pine forest, no more stumps infection back to square one.

LAME!!!!!!!

Ok, so I tried my best. I found first tree stump - 1 honey - cool! Infection reducing...

Searching more tree stumps.. hey, where the Buck are all the tree stumps in this huge pine forest.

Wait, there's one! running (losing stamina).. ok phew - chop, chop, chop... NO honey!

Running all over pine forest, no more stumps infection back to square one.

LAME!!!!!!!

There isnt honey everytime inside a stub. Honestly, you're now so highly infected, you wont find anything completely curing the illness during the few moments remaining until you die. Antibiotics cure 25% max of infection. So you'd have to find 4 of them in very short time and this isnt gonna happen. They have a high rarity drop chance. Better clean the slate and start fresh.

Try military camps. Sometimes, you can find small bunker buildings in them with big red crosses painted on. If you're lucky, you might get an antibiotic in there.

I'll have you know, I went through this exact experience. I recommend the following:

• Going to traders and searching for "jar of honey" in their inventories, or in their food machines.

• Breaking tree stumps, as others have already suggested.

• Military camps, pharmacies or hospitals, if you're lucky to find them.

• Die.

What I don't recommend:

• Find the antibiotics schematic and then scavenge for sham sandwiches. God, I wasted so much time that one game session.

First thing you do when you start is harvest tree stumps. search for them. you'll get all the honey you need. After that, it's whenever you feel like it. Get some decent armor, it has effect resistances that keeps you from getting sick or bleed too often.

Archived