Jump to content

Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies


Snufkin

Recommended Posts

Hi. Thank you for maintaining this mod!

 

So we tried this out last night just in time for our first blood moon. There were three of us around level 20. (double XP) and we got completely wrecked. It seemed like it was mostly mod zombies coming. There were a multiple Archons, Banshees and Geists at the same time and we had 3 Undertakers hit the base plus a bomber. It was impossible, considering our best looted weapons at that point were the blunderbuss.

 

Is that normal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bomarr said:

Hi. Thank you for maintaining this mod!

 

So we tried this out last night just in time for our first blood moon. There were three of us around level 20. (double XP) and we got completely wrecked. It seemed like it was mostly mod zombies coming. There were a multiple Archons, Banshees and Geists at the same time and we had 3 Undertakers hit the base plus a bomber. It was impossible, considering our best looted weapons at that point were the blunderbuss.

 

Is that normal?

Was this the Day 7 (first) horde? What level is the game and how many zombies per horde (16) ? Which mod are you using, Snukfin Party or the default mod?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Slawa said:

Sounds like a challange and 3 players should be able to handle it :p...

Here is the point, did you like the normal hordes or this kind of mod.

Get a AK or a few turrets and it feels like better balanced gameplay (cause the game gets boring at level xxx).

 

I quite enjoyed it, I was simply asking if it was normal to have that many spawns for our first horde night.

15 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Was this the Day 7 (first) horde? What level is the game and how many zombies per horde (16) ? Which mod are you using, Snukfin Party or the default mod?

As I mentioned, it was the first horde night (day 7) and we were at game level 20. Default of 8 zombies per person and using the default mod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bomarr said:

 

I quite enjoyed it, I was simply asking if it was normal to have that many spawns for our first horde night.

As I mentioned, it was the first horde night (day 7) and we were at game level 20. Default of 8 zombies per person and using the default mod.

Up until Game Stage 254 you will have the potential to see:

 

Archon 10% chance to spawn but within the 100% chance to spawn for default characters.

The following have 30% chance to spawn.

Undertaker

Cowhead

Parasite

Geist

Bomber

Scarecrow

Banshee

And the Juggernaut has a 1 in 500 chance to spawn but weighted against all the higher probabilities as well.

 

It is normal to see them but it sounds like you got hit harder than the probabilities allow for. I sometimes see this with the Demolisher. When in a party of 3, there will be 3 visiting almost in a chain which makes me wonder if there is a spawn bug. Instead of each entity being treated as a separate spawn, there feels like there is sometimes the same spawn per player per party.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, First thing is, I love this mod and appreciate!

 

I just want to give a small feedback on some of the issues I have:

- Flying zombies manage to pass trough even on 2 blocks reinforced concrete. For example the Archon's legs just hang trough the roof while flying around.

- This Zeds way to common compared to A18 version. I had to rebalance the spawnrate similar to Robelosto's Zombies.

- Gheist: Hard to spot on the night sky and often the only way I notice it on Nomad difficulty is a blast, and death animation. Fun? No.

- Shark: I love fantasy creatures but this one just really not fit in. I wish I could disable completely.

- Drone and Siren: Lovely when they hanging around at night near our base in early game, and we have no guns to silence them, or way too busy at bloodmoon.

- The PLUS zombies in general: They are often Waste of bullets, hard to kill and give low XP points, especially the Motorhead.

 

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to your further additions. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rukminesh said:

Hello, First thing is, I love this mod and appreciate!

 

I just want to give a small feedback on some of the issues I have:

- Flying zombies manage to pass trough even on 2 blocks reinforced concrete. For example the Archon's legs just hang trough the roof while flying around.

- This Zeds way to common compared to A18 version. I had to rebalance the spawnrate similar to Robelosto's Zombies.

- Gheist: Hard to spot on the night sky and often the only way I notice it on Nomad difficulty is a blast, and death animation. Fun? No.

- Shark: I love fantasy creatures but this one just really not fit in. I wish I could disable completely.

- Drone and Siren: Lovely when they hanging around at night near our base in early game, and we have no guns to silence them, or way too busy at bloodmoon.

- The PLUS zombies in general: They are often Waste of bullets, hard to kill and give low XP points, especially the Motorhead.

 

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to your further additions. 🙂

Greetings.

 

This thread is only for the original zombies and not the Plus version for future reference.

 

In response:

 

Passing through things

- Correct, the flying zombies are actually attached to vultures and use their collision. It means they can get to a lot more places than they should be able to. Adding collision causes some severe issues for servers and this was the best workaround. It has its issues with passing through too many things sometimes but the modders make the best of the tools they have. 

 

Too Common

- There is a ‘lite’ version for the Plus mod which can replace the default one. New Worlds can be rough because the regions have not opened and density of zombies is very very high. Once regions have opened it becomes the opposite and they hardly appear. As such, there is a lite and regular version to choose from and you mention it is easy enough to regulate by yourself. Splendid. 

 

Gheist

- Supposed to be an ephemeral type being and the first sign is usually electric bolts flying near you or hitting you. I’m sure Snufkin will smile at your comment.

 

Removing Zombies

- Very possible to do simply by removing them from the entitygroups.xml spawn groups. You shared that you are familiar with editing this area. 

 

Editing Zombies

- It is always possible for server hosts to modify the Zombies health and XP settings as well. You are familiar with editing spawn rates and seem to understand the xml subtleties.

 

Thank you for constructive feedback and all the best with customizing to your own specifications which is something you can see a lot from many server hosts that have posted in the threads. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hello everyone, these server side zombies are my favorite mod. thanks for keeping it active.

 

i'm trying create my own zombies using this same method of editing the archetypes.xml file. things are going well.

 

but, i noticed when destroy an arm or leg or head off one of my custom creations, i don't see the nice meaty stub at the end of where the appendage blew off. instead it's just a blank/empty area and you can see into polygons of the main body. is there a way to bring over this meaty stub effect from the 'real' zombies onto these custom archetype zombies?

 

for now as a workaround, i simply set the DismemberMultiplers for each zombie (defined in entityclasses.xml) to zero.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, arramus said:

Greetings.

 

This thread is only for the original zombies and not the Plus version for future reference.

 

In response:

 

Passing through things

- Correct, the flying zombies are actually attached to vultures and use their collision. It means they can get to a lot more places than they should be able to. Adding collision causes some severe issues for servers and this was the best workaround. It has its issues with passing through too many things sometimes but the modders make the best of the tools they have. 

 

Too Common

- There is a ‘lite’ version for the Plus mod which can replace the default one. New Worlds can be rough because the regions have not opened and density of zombies is very very high. Once regions have opened it becomes the opposite and they hardly appear. As such, there is a lite and regular version to choose from and you mention it is easy enough to regulate by yourself. Splendid. 

 

Gheist

- Supposed to be an ephemeral type being and the first sign is usually electric bolts flying near you or hitting you. I’m sure Snufkin will smile at your comment.

 

Removing Zombies

- Very possible to do simply by removing them from the entitygroups.xml spawn groups. You shared that you are familiar with editing this area. 

 

Editing Zombies

- It is always possible for server hosts to modify the Zombies health and XP settings as well. You are familiar with editing spawn rates and seem to understand the xml subtleties.

 

Thank you for constructive feedback and all the best with customizing to your own specifications which is something you can see a lot from many server hosts that have posted in the threads. 

I want to edit the Gheist and cut the ranged damage to the half. I wonder how to do it? Is it linked to the damage of landmines or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rukminesh said:

I want to edit the Gheist and cut the ranged damage to the half. I wonder how to do it? Is it linked to the damage of landmines or something?

It is linked to the Geist's own personal settings. Here is something you can try.

 

a) Open the items.xml file and search for <item name="ammoProjectileGeist">.
b) Change the <property name="DamageEntity" value="15"/> from 15 to a number closer to half. This will be much closer to a close melee attack amount for the Geist which is currently 8.

 

12 hours ago, errornull said:

hello everyone, these server side zombies are my favorite mod. thanks for keeping it active.

 

i'm trying create my own zombies using this same method of editing the archetypes.xml file. things are going well.

 

but, i noticed when destroy an arm or leg or head off one of my custom creations, i don't see the nice meaty stub at the end of where the appendage blew off. instead it's just a blank/empty area and you can see into polygons of the main body. is there a way to bring over this meaty stub effect from the 'real' zombies onto these custom archetype zombies?

 

for now as a workaround, i simply set the DismemberMultiplers for each zombie (defined in entityclasses.xml) to zero.

I wonder what entityclass your own zombies are extending from such as <entity_class name="zombiePsycho" extends="Zombie_Template">.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, arramus said:

I wonder what entityclass your own zombies are extending from such as <entity_class name="zombiePsycho" extends="Zombie_Template">.

 

hi nomad, thx for your fast reply. i checked one of my zombies and it's similar as the xml you show:

<entity_class name="ZombieHazmatMale3" extends="Zombie_Template">

 

and i haven't modified anything in the definition for Zombie_Template. i don't think it's something specific to my xml, because this visual anomaly also occurs on the snuffkin zombies.. and my guess is that it's just a limitation of building zombies from the archetypes.xml which were originally intended for just player types.

i kinda exaggerated a bit before.. you can't really see into the polygons of their bodies after blowing off their limbs, but you just don't get that juicy red meaty stub.. which would be cool. below is just an example. one if from an archetype.xml zombie and the other is just the vanilla zombieBoe:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HFU_imsbFS7QC_serTXDh8DBZo0ME05l/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SiFl_c8HITiwb5nlyNPfJqKcGI4s7nM9/view?usp=sharing
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, errornull said:

 

and my guess is that it's just a limitation of building zombies from the archetypes.xml which were originally intended for just player types.

I think you are onto something there. It is very possible gibbage effects are restricted to just limited models/classes/entity types and reinstating them would require further inclusions. I've never played PvP but the video I've seen shows Sunday family afternoon elimination scenes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me how to prevent a zombie from spawning please.. I've tried myself by going to the entitygroups.xml and doing this 

<entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0" />

 

But it still spawns.. is this not the correct way to do it? 

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rejectz said:

Can anyone tell me how to prevent a zombie from spawning please.. I've tried myself by going to the entitygroups.xml and doing this 


<entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0" />

 

But it still spawns.. is this not the correct way to do it? 

 

Thanks

Try doing this as an alternative. Adding the !--  at the beginning  and -- at the end forces the game to ignore what is in between but still allows you to change it at a later time.

 

<!--entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0" /-->
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, arramus said:

Try doing this as an alternative. Adding the !--  at the beginning  and -- at the end forces the game to ignore what is in between but still allows you to change it at a later time.

 


<!--entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0" /-->

Thank you, that worked a treat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a weight dynamic to the Snufkin zombies? On Horde Night I tried some of the Snufkin Weapons on them, namely the TurretAuger and a Robotic Sledge with Fire mod and Blessed Metal mod (extra damage to undead). The automated Turret Auger worked well as long as you confine Snufkin zombies to a spot, but the Sledge ... holy crap these dudes FLEW when they got hit by it. It's like the Undertaker and the Parasite got hit by a 16-ton semi truck!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Is there a weight dynamic to the Snufkin zombies? On Horde Night I tried some of the Snufkin Weapons on them, namely the TurretAuger and a Robotic Sledge with Fire mod and Blessed Metal mod (extra damage to undead). The automated Turret Auger worked well as long as you confine Snufkin zombies to a spot, but the Sledge ... holy crap these dudes FLEW when they got hit by it. It's like the Undertaker and the Parasite got hit by a 16-ton semi truck!

There is an entity mass and this applies to pretty much all entities, including the Snufkin ones and is typically proportional. However, the majority of the Snufkin Zombies have their own Archetypes just like building a player's features and they may be missing a few things that regular entities have in terms of models. The Archon is one of the exceptions as it's based on a customised entity and typically holds fast when eliminated. This never used to be such a thing until a few updates ago when a physics element became a much bigger feature, as you say; flying at quite a distance. If you ever get the chance to go into Creative Mode and grab the Developer's Hammer, it takes it to the extreme. I don't think it's ever really been discussed as a feature to amend as it typically leaves smiles on people's faces and a mood of being mesmerised.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, arramus said:

There is an entity mass and this applies to pretty much all entities, including the Snufkin ones and is typically proportional. However, the majority of the Snufkin Zombies have their own Archetypes just like building a player's features and they may be missing a few things that regular entities have in terms of models. The Archon is one of the exceptions as it's based on a customised entity and typically holds fast when eliminated. This never used to be such a thing until a few updates ago when a physics element became a much bigger feature, as you say; flying at quite a distance. If you ever get the chance to go into Creative Mode and grab the Developer's Hammer, it takes it to the extreme. I don't think it's ever really been discussed as a feature to amend as it typically leaves smiles on people's faces and a mood of being mesmerised.

 

ah ok. this explains why i noticed the snufkin zombies and the zombies i'm creating (using this same method) seem a bit floaty when they are knocked down.. compared to the vanilla zombies. so at this time, not much can do to fine tune this behavior eh?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, errornull said:

 

ah ok. this explains why i noticed the snufkin zombies and the zombies i'm creating (using this same method) seem a bit floaty when they are knocked down.. compared to the vanilla zombies. so at this time, not much can do to fine tune this behavior eh?

@The Frankman

 

Mmm, I think we have to deal with what we have unless each zombie was attached to an existing model. The Scorcher and Banshee are also attached to existing models and remain pretty grounded whereas the Mantis can be catapulted quite far.

 

The Queen of Catapults seems to be the Parasite, although the Psycho would have something to say about that.

 

20210211160754_1.thumb.jpg.efceaf6eb7596b0a304b5de4f732f6c5.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, lucascsta said:



@Nomad u help me ?  i need help  error red
        spacer.png

@Nomad has a very large message box to respond to and asked me to respond on his/her behalf.

 

I think you are using an old A18 version of the Snufkin Mod because this was removed from the A19 version because it was also removed from the game. Please update to the latest version. A link can be found by visiting the very first thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive read this thread in full so appologise if my question has already been answered but i couldnt see it. I run a private server for friends, installed your mod fine, changed spawn rates etc etc, however im being asked to lower the health of some of the zombies as they feel they are OP at present and cannot seem to survive a bloodmoon.

 

I have changed the maxhealth values for each indivdual zombie in the entityclasses.xml but it does not seem to take effect in game, i also have a HP bar for enemies so can see that it has not worked.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Regards

James

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just confirming that you did all of the following.

 

1. Stopped the server/exited the game for client host.

 

2 Manually edited the existing entityclasses.xml or uploaded a new entityclasses.xml with your preferred changes.

 

As an example, with an entity such as the Scarecrow in the entityclasses.xml:

<entity_class name="zombieScarecrow" extends="Zombie_Template">

 

You made changes to the HealthMax settings.

<passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="750"/>

 

3. Restarted the server/game for client host.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...