Jump to content

Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies


Snufkin

Recommended Posts

On 10/24/2020 at 7:19 AM, arramus said:

Let's check what's happening here.

 

Using the <entitygroup name="ZombiesScouts"> in the same format as the lower section possibly attempts to commit the request as a totally new group as it's not getting @ tagged to an existing group. But then again, I have not moved away from the original variables and am interested to see how it will effect the original ZombieScouts group; such as overwriting it or appending it. There are typically multiple ways to perform the same action with some working better than others. It'll either add, replace, or be ignored. I am interested to see.

 

Death by Campfire.... I shall be looking out for it as a public release.

These new zombies are certainly a much more powerful stock than the usual ones...

 

Has your GPU wattage increased just in an ambient setting, when you see 1 Snukin Zombie, or when facing a Blood Moon, or all of these?

Each zombie has additional models attached to their bodies and the demand on processing has quite possibly intensified. Especially if they are throwing around fireballs, and such. All you can really do is turn off or down some more of the graphics features to reduce demand and see what the impact is. Unfortunately, this is the first report I recall in this thread of such an occurrence and your own tweaking of your graphics settings will be a learning experience for us all.

Ok, took some work to get Death by Campfire fine tuned the way I liked. Now it is an effective base defense to have a campfire in a pathway, but it will call in a screamer every 20 seconds of burn time or so. Cooking just got a lot more dangerous on my server. Plus side is it's server side only as well. How does someone post a mod on here? Just make a post and describe it with a link to download it is my guess.  

What that has allowed me to do is test the zombieScout banshee code, and determine it never considers the banshee during the heatmap event. Only screamers show up, and there have been a few hundred during my testing this weekend with no banshee spawns at all. I'm wondering what group the screamer's summon comes from and if I can just add the banshee to that group. Haven't been able to figure that out yet though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sunbursts said:

some players have such this error (A19-Stable-2020Oct22)

Thank you Sunbursts. Looks like completion of the Juggernaut quest. I have yet to receive the Juggernaut quest from the trader and appreciate the feedback to check on the reward settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really love that Banshee, finally got her to show up in the scout hordes. Was much simpler than having to go in and add her to each scout horde game stage level with these three lines borrowed from Jawoodle's screamer wandering hordes modlet added in after the feralHordeStageGS lines. 

Quote

  <insertAfter xpath="//entity[starts-with(@name, 'zombieScreamer')]">
    <entity name="zombieBanshee" prob="0.5" />
  </insertAfter>

 

Also, if you want to check out Death by Campfire here's the post on it. 

 

251570_20201027015150_1.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Sunbursts said:

some players have such this error (A19-Stable-2020Oct22)

Sunbursts. The Juggernaut quest is still the original and has not changed at all since the very first release.

This is the first issue we've heard about it and I don't think the quest is given/completed so often and not the most popular part of the mod.

 

My tests so far:

 

I went into debug mode 'dm' and used 'givequest killjuggernaut' to activate the quest.

 

1. I tested the quest 20 times in SP as a level 1 player with no quest reward skills. I was offered 2 rewards each time with no problems and accepted 1.

 

2. I tested the quest 10 times on a dedicated server with level 300 and 5 quest reward skills. I received the same warning as you 1 time but also 9 successful completions.

 

This tells me there is a conflict with a random item that is rarely given as a reward.

 

I checked the code to look for the conflict.

 

This message is in the quests.xml file in the default game at the top of the file.

Prepared quest loot groups:

        groupQuestAmmo (*)        random but higher ammo quantity than in general loot
        groupQuestArmor        all armor excluding cloth/scrap
        groupQuestMedical (*)    migher quality/quantity medical items and drugs
        groupQuestWeapons        all weapons
        groupQuestSchematics (*)    schematics like the sham secret recipe
        groupQuestTools        tools, not stone
        groupQuestMods (*)        all available mods
         (*) not scaled for item quality but can scale for probability, like more drugs at higher gamestage

 

The original Snufkin mod which is the same as now has the following for rewards:

 

            <reward type="Exp" value="500"/>
            <reward type="Item" id="casinoCoin" value="10000"/>
            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestTools" ischosen="true" isfixed="true" value="6"/>
            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestArmor,groupQuestMedical" ischosen="true" isfixed="true" value="6"/>
            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestAmmo" ischosen="true" value="6"/>
            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestMelee,groupQuestRanged" ischosen="true" value="6"/>
            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestSchematics" ischosen="true" value="6"/>
            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestMods" ischosen="true" value="6"/>

 

I believe the mod is requesting groupQuestMelee,groupQuestRanged as rewards but these are not in the Prepared quest loot groups.

I think it is a conflict as these do not appear in any of the default game rewards at all. Maybe they used to in A18.

 

Can you change one line in your Snufkin quests.xml file please?

 

Change:

            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestMelee,groupQuestRanged" ischosen="true" value="6"/>

to:

            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestWeapons" ischosen="true" value="6"/>

 

This will make the rewards for the Juggernaut the same as any other quest and match the format.

I can join you in testing this if you give me your server IP address. I believe it will work because it is the standard format but it is good to test it first. After that we can release an update. I shall await your feedback.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, arramus said:

Change:

            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestMelee,groupQuestRanged" ischosen="true" value="6"/>

to:

            <reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestWeapons" ischosen="true" value="6"/>

Just to add to the testing group, I made this change and tested the quest 10 times as a level 300 player, maxed out quest reward skill, and gamestage set to 1500 (just to cover all the bases). I'm now getting no errors. We hadn't seen this error before on our end, but as I've noted before we have a currently unkilled Juggernaut due to crazy buffs so that's no surprise. However doing some private admin testing this fix seems to have corrected the issue on our end.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BubbaJoe said:

Just to add to the testing group, I made this change and tested the quest 10 times as a level 300 player, maxed out quest reward skill, and gamestage set to 1500 (just to cover all the bases). I'm now getting no errors. We hadn't seen this error before on our end, but as I've noted before we have a currently unkilled Juggernaut due to crazy buffs so that's no surprise. However doing some private admin testing this fix seems to have corrected the issue on our end.

@Sunbursts A small update to the quests.xml to bring it up to date with current quest reward groups and developer comments. To keep with Snufkin's original wish for the Juggernaut completion rewards, the order has been left the same with only one edit for compatibility.

 

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-CustomZombies-A19-Stable-2020Oct28

 

Thank you to Sunbursts for noticing this. You often share issues on the mods/tools you run and it keeps them working well and functional.

Thank you to BubbaJoe for further testing. If this hasn't fixed it, I don't know what will.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a small update, here is an A19 Stable version of the Custom Zombies Research Camera ADD ON.

 

This requires the base mod to function.

 

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Research-Camera-A19-Stable-2020Oct28

 

The changes were practically identical to the changes needed in the base mod although Snufkin made a small edit to tone down the aggressive nature of the Juggernaut to allow you to get a photograph of him from a distance.

 

As there are some external links for images within the code for locations that only Snufkin has access to, some of the images may no longer be valid.

It is always possible for you to add your own images by amending the code. As such, support is limited to the internal aspects of the code.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, arramus said:

As a small update, here is an A19 Stable version of the Custom Zombies Research Camera ADD ON.

 

This requires the base mod to function.

 

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Research-Camera-A19-Stable-2020Oct28

 

The changes were practically identical to the changes needed in the base mod although Snufkin made a small edit to tone down the aggressive nature of the Juggernaut to allow you to get a photograph of him from a distance.

 

As there are some external links for images within the code for locations that only Snufkin has access to, some of the images may no longer be valid.

It is always possible for you to add your own images by amending the code. As such, support is limited to the internal aspects of the code.

 

entityclasses.xml line 187

 

<property name="HandItem" value="meleeHandGeits"/>

 

I'm not sure if it's intentional but this seems to be a typo, comparing to base mod naming it should be meleeHandGeist

[edit]

A typo without a doubt. Spawning geist throws an error loop, changing this line fixes it.

Edited by sneakpeak (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sneakpeak said:

entityclasses.xml line 187

 

<property name="HandItem" value="meleeHandGeits"/>

 

I'm not sure if it's intentional but this seems to be a typo, comparing to base mod naming it should be meleeHandGeist

[edit]

A typo without a doubt. Spawning geist throws an error loop, changing this line fixes it.

Thank you sneakpeak. That was actually my error for not correcting that typo. Snufkin had the typo in the original and I changed it for the updated version with the correct spelling. However, the mark of Snufkin's genius in things was to carry that typo into some other areas but not all. It meant it worked functionally even with the typos in certain parts. My corrections brought errors to the ADD ON and now I shall correct it.

 

Corrected to:

<property name="HandItem" value="meleeHandGeist"/> and amended in the same release as Github is good about things like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Guys, im new here so please forgive my question im doing my best to learn this, were successfully running a private server with Bdubs vehicles and a bigger backpack mod. all is working well and we want to add this pack to our server, it being pure server side is great. thank you so much for all the hard work everyone has put in.

 

So we are on the latest A19 build i believe and im about to install this mod.... however i need to understand what this means in the installation instructions

 

INCLUDED IS THE NOBLOODMOON XML, just rename and replace the entitygroups.xml file.

 

So my entitygroups.xml file is alot bigger than this contains alot more data.... will that remove things from the game ?

 

The file i would be replacing would be located at ... C:\Users\Server\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\NG21\NG21_Save\ConfigsDump is that correct ?

 

Can someone give me some guidance on this when they get a moment please ?

 

Thank you kindly and sorry if this seems silly, im new to this.

entitygroups.xml

Edited by KiaKore
Entity file (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KiaKore said:

Hey Guys, im new here so please forgive my question im doing my best to learn this, were successfully running a private server with Bdubs vehicles and a bigger backpack mod. all is working well and we want to add this pack to our server, it being pure server side is great. thank you so much for all the hard work everyone has put in.

 

So we are on the latest A19 build i believe and im about to install this mod.... however i need to understand what this means in the installation instructions

 

INCLUDED IS THE NOBLOODMOON XML, just rename and replace the entitygroups.xml file.

 

So my entitygroups.xml file is alot bigger than this contains alot more data.... will that remove things from the game ?

 

The file i would be replacing would be located at ... C:\Users\Server\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\NG21\NG21_Save\ConfigsDump is that correct ?

 

Can someone give me some guidance on this when they get a moment please ?

 

Thank you kindly and sorry if this seems silly, im new to this.

entitygroups.xml 643.01 kB · 0 downloads

Hi KiaKore and welcome to Snufkin Land.

Here are some instructions as clearly as I can make them. If they are confusing at any point, just say and I can elaborate.

 

Step 1. Install the latest Snufkin's Custom Zombies mod into your server Mods folder. (Make sure it has not created an extra folder if you unzip it to a new location.

The top folder should contain the ModInfo file. If the unzip tool has created a folder within a folder followed by the ModInfo file it will not work)

 

Step 2. Launch your server and Snufkin's Custom Zombies will become part of the environment.

 

Honestly, it's as easy as that. The mod contains all the files you need for the Snufkin Custom Zombies to appear in regular game play and during a Blood Moon event. Please do not touch any files in your default game folder or user saves folder.

 

The NOBLOODMOON file can be confusing if you are very new to Mods but it is for server hosts who do not want to have any Snufkin Zombies appear during a Blood Moon event. I assume you would like to see them appear and as such there is absolutely nothing for you to change as it's all been done for you.

 

You will never need to make any amendments to the original default game files or the user saves folder as the Snufkin Custom Zombies mod is already making the changes it needs by itself.

 

Have fun in there, and when you are ready to tweak the settings to increase/decrease their appearance or increase/decrease their Health, come back and ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi I was out for a couple of days so I missed some stuff.

1) I don't know if the Mischief Maker dev contacted you, but they backtracked because they found complicated to get the approval of more than one people.

2) The gimmick of the Parasite was that she damaged your "MaxHealth". Since that stat is no more, now the enemy doesn't do damage at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Snufkin said:

Hi I was out for a couple of days so I missed some stuff.

1) I don't know if the Mischief Maker dev contacted you, but they backtracked because they found complicated to get the approval of more than one people.

2) The gimmick of the Parasite was that she damaged your "MaxHealth". Since that stat is no more, now the enemy doesn't do damage at all.

Hello Snufkin,

 

1.The Mischief Maker developer didn't contact me directly. Alternatively, I just contacted the developer to explain that, in regards to any input I have offered, you have full rights on giving permission with this mod or any other mod you have created for now and the future. This removes any complication as it will be one person.

 

2. The Parasite character needs a revisit for damage, thank you.

 

---------------------------

Sent to the Mischief Maker

 

Hello, my name is ############### and I go by the gaming user name arramus.

I am the other party related to the Snufkin's Custom Zombie Mod. I am not the author of the mod but Snufkin kindly considered my input when giving permissions because I helped to restore it for 7D2D A19.

 

I gave all permissions to Snufkin on how his mods are used, regardless of my input, and as such it is only necessary to ask Snufkin.
That way it makes it much easier to get permission for any future builds or any of Snufkin's other mods such as the newly released Snufkin Vehicle Mod.

If Snufkin has given you permission to use his mods already, then please consider that as sufficient and I hope this removes any complications going forward.

 

To verify this message you will see a supporting posting here:
https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/17992-snukfins-server-side-zsombies/?do=findComment&comment=406548

Regards,

###############
(arramus)

 

Edited by arramus (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the Parasite I hadn't changed over that portion of the buffs xml so I hadn't seen the changes. We've modified the Parasite to be the "most annoying thing on the server" to quote a player. She now lowers not only your max health but max stamina as well. One of our players decided to start a new character and was left with a whopping 5 max stamina after an encounter with a Parasite. Seems crazy to me as you can see how this means a lot of the time you can't get away from her effectively, but that's what they wanted. 😅 While our settings are a bit extreme, I think it's in the best spirit of the Parasite to have some sort of temporary life/stamina stat drain, but that's just me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BubbaJoe Can you share the code you used to decrease the overall max health and max stamina drain settings?

 

I was considering to replace the HealthMaxModifierOT setting to the stamina equivelant StaminaMaxModifierOT but they have both been commented out of the official default buffs.xml and are no longer valid effects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Snufkin said:

2) The gimmick of the Parasite was that she damaged your "MaxHealth". Since that stat is no more, now the enemy doesn't do damage at all.

It looks like the HealthMaxModifierOT settings were possibly replaced with the new variety of woundings which also offer their own version of the health max modifier but with an instant damage effect on a countdown timer.

 

To retain her unique trait I wonder if it's possible to:

 

- Integrate her gimmick into the wounds max health modifier with a smaller but cumulative effect on each hit that will require the countdown timer or vitamins or something else to remove it.

- Consider integrating her gimmick into the starvation system whereby the fullness meter decreases with each drain of 'energy' from a hit.

- Integrate her gimmick into the stamina settings as she drains 'energy' via that mechanism.

 

This is certainly not my forte and doing it is another thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, arramus said:

Hi KiaKore and welcome to Snufkin Land.

Here are some instructions as clearly as I can make them. If they are confusing at any point, just say and I can elaborate.

 

Step 1. Install the latest Snufkin's Custom Zombies mod into your server Mods folder. (Make sure it has not created an extra folder if you unzip it to a new location.

The top folder should contain the ModInfo file. If the unzip tool has created a folder within a folder followed by the ModInfo file it will not work)

 

Step 2. Launch your server and Snufkin's Custom Zombies will become part of the environment.

 

Honestly, it's as easy as that. The mod contains all the files you need for the Snufkin Custom Zombies to appear in regular game play and during a Blood Moon event. Please do not touch any files in your default game folder or user saves folder.

 

The NOBLOODMOON file can be confusing if you are very new to Mods but it is for server hosts who do not want to have any Snufkin Zombies appear during a Blood Moon event. I assume you would like to see them appear and as such there is absolutely nothing for you to change as it's all been done for you.

 

You will never need to make any amendments to the original default game files or the user saves folder as the Snufkin Custom Zombies mod is already making the changes it needs by itself.

 

Have fun in there, and when you are ready to tweak the settings to increase/decrease their appearance or increase/decrease their Health, come back and ask.

Thank you so so so much, my team and i are loving this , thank you kindly !! you really have made our weekend, there are only 12 of us that play but we love it !

 

one last question, if i want to add in some of these bosses to the wandering hordes which lines would i edit it entitygroups.xml ? as we would like to see them more often...

 

We are all past game stage 300 so i think i would like to add them in when people pass gamestage 100.. any help would really be appreciated.

 

Have a great weekend and thank you for all your help

Edited by KiaKore
Entity file (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KiaKore said:

Thank you so so so much, my team and i are loving this , thank you kindly !! you really have made our weekend, there are only 12 of us that play but we love it !

 

one last question, if i want to add in some of these bosses to the wandering hordes which lines would i edit it entitygroups.xml ? as we would like to see them more often...

 

We are all past game stage 300 so i think i would like to add them in when people pass gamestage 100.. any help would really be appreciated.

 

Have a great weekend and thank you for all your help

Add some extra bosses to the:

 

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesNight']">

 

and

 

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesAll']">

 

as the game will use these groups for regular wandering hordes and other groups as well.

 

Consider changing the prob= setting from somewhere between prob="0.3" which is the same as zombieBiker and zombieNurse all the way up to prob="0.8" which will make them more of the rule than the exception. As the game sets a limit of only spawning a certain amount from the above groups based on Game Stage/Level it will still feel balance if lower level players join you. The higher level players will be ready for these appearances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, arramus said:

Add some extra bosses to the:

 

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesNight']">

 

and

 

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesAll']">

 

as the game will use these groups for regular wandering hordes and other groups as well.

 

Consider changing the prob= setting from somewhere between prob="0.3" which is the same as zombieBiker and zombieNurse all the way up to prob="0.8" which will make them more of the rule than the exception. As the game sets a limit of only spawning a certain amount from the above groups based on Game Stage/Level it will still feel balance if lower level players join you. The higher level players will be ready for these appearances.

Thank you kindly, i really appreciate the input.

 

Stay safe and well - you have just made our weekend !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2020 at 1:00 AM, arramus said:

@BubbaJoe Can you share the code you used to decrease the overall max health and max stamina drain settings?

Sure thing. Below is what we've been using, it's a bit rudimentary but it still makes the Parasite quite a threat. I changed the health and stamina variables to XX for the purposes of balance testing as some players would probably find ours to be too unfair, so please make note of that prior to testing. This creates a flat subtraction from the player's max health and stamina, so it doesn't incrementally grow in the manner I think the Parasite originally functioned, but the players have been happy with this. We found 10 seconds to be a bit lenient, but I've restored the 10 second buff duration/stack below so it's closer to the original code.

 

<buff name="ParasiteAttack" icon="ui_game_symbol_skull" icon_color="255,0,0" icon_blink="true">
            <stack_type value="replace"/>
            <display_value value="$parasite"/>
            <effect_group>
                <passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_subtract" value="XX"/>
                <passive_effect name="StaminaMax" operation="base_subtract" value="XX"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$parasite" operation="set" value="10"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$parasite" operation="add" value="-1"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStack" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$parasite" operation="add" value="10"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$parasite" operation="set" value="0"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="ParasiteAttack">
                    <requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$parasite" operation="LTE" value="0"/>
                </triggered_effect>
            </effect_group>
        </buff>

 

Edited by BubbaJoe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BubbaJoe Thank you. You are very kind to share this as it can be a helpful workaround until a buff closer to the original can be explored. And if that isn’t possible, a best alternative like this as is or built upon gives the Parasite a fighting chance again. I never noticed her hits were only causing 1 damage with each hit because the flashing skull and other zombies around her at the time were distractions and getting in their own hits as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sunbursts said:

it seems the zombieGeist is very bad guy.. server crash is very often. (A19-Stable-2020Oct28)

I'm sorry to hear that Sunbursts because crashes are frustrating and even more so during a Blood Moon event.

 

I would just like to confirm a few things.

 

I assume this was during a Blood Moon event. (If it's all the time, please confirm)

 

1. How many zombies are allowed to spawn at this time?

2. How many players were together in the biggest group?

3. Did you change the probability for Geist to spawn during a Blood Moon event.

4. Are you using HDD or SDD?

5. How much RAM are you using?

6. Does your server have its virtual paging turned on?

 

This will help us understand your environment at the exact moment of these crashes and help for any future crashes for other server hosts in the future as we can set recommended settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...