Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies

Snufkin

7 minutes ago, arramus said:

Just confirming that you did all of the following.

1. Stopped the server/exited the game for client host.

2 Manually edited the existing entityclasses.xml or uploaded a new entityclasses.xml with your preferred changes.

As an example, with an entity such as the Scarecrow in the entityclasses.xml:

<entity_class name="zombieScarecrow" extends="Zombie_Template">

You made changes to the HealthMax settings.

<passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="750"/>

3. Restarted the server/game for client host.

I can confirm that i did all of the above.

3 minutes ago, jimyh said:

I can confirm that i did all of the above.

I see. I just retook the above steps to confirm that it still applies with the HP sent in a more upward direction.

The additional noughts all took when I started the game.

20210213005236_1.thumb.jpg.86be04c9450201dbdc0a9175fa4005f9.jpg

Can you also confirm that the changes you made have also remained in place after shutting down the server/client?
Can you also confirm that if you're running a dedicated private server at home, you didn't accidentally make the changes to a version you may have in your client folder?

Thanks for the image confirming that it does actually work lol, all changes were made to my server files, when i reopen the xmlfile the changes are still in place, the only other changes i have made are spawning quantities and where they spawn. i must be missing something really simple. is it just "base_set" i should change or "perc_set" also???

1 minute ago, jimyh said:

Thanks for the image confirming that it does actually work lol, all changes were made to my server files, when i reopen the xmlfile the changes are still in place, the only other changes i have made are spawning quantities and where they spawn. i must be missing something really simple. is it just "base_set" i should change or "perc_set" also???

It is just the base_set. You don't happen to have a copy of the Snufkin PLUS version installed as well?

2 hours ago, jimyh said:

I have changed the maxhealth values for each indivdual zombie in the entityclasses.xml but it does not seem to take effect in game, i also have a HP bar for enemies so can see that it has not worked.

Resolved.

When running both the Snufkin Zombies Mod AND the Camera Add On (which is unfortunately only half functional, with the good half being non functional) the Camera Add On files take precedence if there is any duplication since it is loaded last due to the alphabetical loading nature of the Mods. As such, it would be necessary to amend the entityclasses.xml in the Camera Add On which is practically identical to the Snufkin Zombies Mod with a couple of minor updates for compatibility.

It was recommended not to run the Camera Add On due to its limitations unless it was really necessary. Removing the Camera Add On will allow the regular Snufkin Custom Zombies' files to take precedence again and any edits will take hold.

1 hour ago, Drakarious said:

any idea if this modlet will work with undead legacy? loving that mod but want some beefy zombies in blood moons, also would love if somebody had the latest version link im seeing alot here in the forums lol

It all depends on how Undead Legacy amended the default files, especially as Subquake really put in a huge amount of work to verhauling multiple features. However, reading through the features of the mod, there is a lot of good reason for it to run and it is well worth a try. This is because the Snufkin Zombies are separate entities and should not conflict with Undead Legacy ID slots. If you are looking for something more challenging then I recommend the PLUS version of the Snufkin Zombies. It contains all of everyone's Snufkin favorites plus some new additions. And if there are any you prefer not to use, it is possible to comment them out of the entitygroups.xml so they don't spawn.

Here is a link to the first page of the Snufkin Zombies PLUS which has the most up to date version:

And here is a link to the most up to date version of the regular Snufkin Zombies:

17 hours ago, jimyh said:

you sir are a genius, i didnt even think about looking there. thank you so much for your help.

We got there and I should have remembered earlier as soon as you mentioned Add On but all good.

So that other hosts don't have to experience the trouble you did, the introduction mentions that it is not recommended to use the Add On in its current state but if people really want to, and also amend the Custom Zombies, they should be looking to the Add On entity files rather than the Custom Zombies entity files.

5 minutes ago, OwlWolfe said:

Is there way to disable the Banshee?

There is a way.

Go to the entitygroups.xml

Choice 1. Total Removal

Change all entries that look similar to this
<entity name="zombieBanshee" prob="0.1"/>

to this

<!--entity name="zombieBanshee" prob="0.1"/-->

Using the !--  --  code comments it out and the game will ignore it,

Choice 2. Partial and Restricted Removal

to this

<entity name="zombieBanshee" prob="0.01"/>

This will the Banshee to appear with a rare 1 in a 100 chance in relation to the spawn probabilities for other zombies. Such probability will become the exception rather than the norm.

3 hours ago, OwlWolfe said:

Thank you. People keep horde keeping. Crashing the server

One character that seems to cause the most server instability based on previous feedback is the Geist.

Those electric bolts seem to cause great demand on the server.

If the Banshee doesn't resolve the issue, I would certainly move onto the Geist character next.

4 hours ago, FloppyDingo said:

Did the sirenhead monster ever get released? I saw a server that had a working one, but I can't seem to find the download.

Unless I am mistaken Sirenhead is included as part of this download, or at the very least it is for me and has been for the past several versions.

Edited by BubbaJoe (see edit history)

On 2/17/2021 at 11:33 AM, arramus said:

There is a way.

Go to the entitygroups.xml

Choice 1. Total Removal

to this

<!--entity name="zombieBanshee" prob="0.1"/-->

Using the !--  --  code comments it out and the game will ignore it,

Choice 2. Partial and Restricted Removal

to this

<entity name="zombieBanshee" prob="0.01"/>

This will the Banshee to appear with a rare 1 in a 100 chance in relation to the spawn probabilities for other zombies. Such probability will become the exception rather than the norm.

@anonuser1989 Here is a way to remove completely, or disable the Banshee. Another way is for players to wear a speaker hat mod that can be found in the Snufkin Xpansion Weapons mod which disables the Banshee screams and Mantis narcotic effects.

15 minutes ago, Wally_Franks said:

Why can't Siren run like all the other Zombies at night on nightmare speed

The Siren appears to have very low move speeds in general compared to other entities.

<property name="MoveSpeed" value="0.08"/> <!-- just shambling around -->
            <property name="MoveSpeedAggro" value="0.1, 0.2"/> <!-- chasing a target min/max (like day or night)-->

Even if nightmare speed adds a multiplier to these values, it will still be low considering other entities are set with a greater than 1.0 speed by default for the higher move speed settings. This may be something to do with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: Scratch that, I think I just need to up the spawn rate. One of my friends found an undertaker.

Have you noticed any issues with using these zombies on the dedicated server side with a Nitrogen map? Not sure if its the map or if I missed something, but I'm not getting any of these newer zombies to spawn. No errors that I see, but I'm fairly new to modding. All vanilla zombies are spawning day or night but after several hours of play and exploration I haven't seen anything new.

I have the folder in the Mods folder on the server along with a couple other items (a few bdubs vehicles and the White River Citizen quests.) I made sure that the mod's folder is only one deep, so in the mods folder is Snufkin-CustomZombies_A19-Stable_2020Nov03 and within that folder is the config folder/modinfo.xml. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Edited by Strike19 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm new to the game and new to modding as well and I really love your mod especially since it's server side and I was wondering how do you do these mods.

I'm actually thinking of creating my own zombies like maybe an exploding zombie vulture with a demolisher's bomb attached to its body for example. Do you use a program to edit the zombie appearances or do you just edit the xmls manually? Hope you can answer this, thanks!

Also, with regards to the mod, I noticed from the preview images that the Bomber has a barrel on its back but the ones I have installed doesn't. Was it removed? or is my version just outdated?

3 hours ago, adrian said:

Hi! I'm new to the game and new to modding as well and I really love your mod especially since it's server side and I was wondering how do you do these mods.

I'm actually thinking of creating my own zombies like maybe an exploding zombie vulture with a demolisher's bomb attached to its body for example. Do you use a program to edit the zombie appearances or do you just edit the xmls manually? Hope you can answer this, thanks!

Also, with regards to the mod, I noticed from the preview images that the Bomber has a barrel on its back but the ones I have installed doesn't. Was it removed? or is my version just outdated?

Hello adrian,

All of the Snufkin Zombies were created through xml coding. Some of it edited existing entities, while other are totally unique and practically built from the bottom up. The creator Snufkin led the way and a growing number of modders could copy/paste/edit and create their very own unique entities from the ground up as well based on their own specifications. Here is a link to the Snufkin Zombies PLUS thread which has all of the Zombies and further ones created by modders who were motivated in exactly the same way you are and was updated only this week to include a few more entities.

All the best in your journey and I hope you can stick at it and add to the mix.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing a post where a guy had good success integrating this mod into Darkness Falls and other overhaul mods. Is there anything confirmed that says these mods are very compatible client and server side?

EDIT: Here is one of those posts regarding Darkness Falls... for the record, Khaine himself says usually it's not supported but the poster seems to have it working since he can spawn the zombies in debug, just needs help editing the right XML setting.

Edited by The Frankman (see edit history)

6 hours ago, The Frankman said:

I remember seeing a post where a guy had good success integrating this mod into Darkness Falls and other overhaul mods. Is there anything confirmed that says these mods are very compatible client and server side?

EDIT: Here is one of those posts regarding Darkness Falls... for the record, Khaine himself says usually it's not supported but the poster seems to have it working since he can spawn the zombies in debug, just needs help editing the right XML setting.

Dre had success integrating this mod and other Snufkin Mods into the Darkness Falls overhaul. I believe the integration went as far as bringing in the Sorcery overhaul as well. However, there is nothing confirmed that says these mods are compatible because there has been no attempt to formally integrate them and check the results. Any integration method postings will probably be best handled directly within the Darkness Falls overhaul community since they will be more experienced with the unique coding dynamics that are not in Vanilla builds that Snufkin mods are made for.