Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies

Snufkin

It sounds like what you did was exactly what you needed to do. Just for good measure, could you paste what you did and also double check that the server is not showing an error when loading up such as entitygroups.xml did not apply?

Okay so short way to explain it. I came across a server with Snukfin's sever side zombies and thought it'd be interesting to spice up the nightmare run but every time I encounter any of the Snukfin zombies all receive in my console both for dedicated server and non dedicated server is as follows -

"nullreferenceexception object reference not set to an instance of an object" 

Please can someone help me as i'm not sure what the issue is
Thank you v much :)

Edit: Only mod used is Snukfin zombies and research (no idea how much ram in server)

not sure how to link the .txt report 

Edited by Evasive
Missed Information (see edit history)

not sure if this has any help in narrowing down the issue: 
858b342e2ec84f598a70e52b667e9627

"(Filename: <858b342e2ec84f598a70e52b667e9627> Line: 0)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AvatarZombieController.LateUpdate () [0x00019] in <858b342e2ec84f598a70e52b667e9627>:0 
  at AvatarZombie01Controller.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <858b342e2ec84f598a70e52b667e9627>:0 "

I'd recommend updating your version to the Snufkin Zombies PLUS version which I can confirm is working in A19.5.

NullReferenceException errors can be widespread and typically relate to something missing or something that shouldn't be there.

It has its own dedicated thread and if the issue persists, it seems to be a little more active in there for responsiveness and support.

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2021 at 6:15 AM, Arsomang said:

Do both these mod work with Undead Legacy?

I do not recall seeing any feedback in these threads from players/server admin that have used the Snufkin's with Undead Legacy and cannot comment on that. I expect the Unlead Legacy thread would be the best place to ask.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I cant get the snufkin zeds to spawn in the game.

When using the debug menu they can be spwaned.

I tested on a single player map now... but last time, when I had a dedicated darknes falls server + snufkin zeds running I had the same problem... they swaned only 2 times within 120+ playtime. What am I doing wrong ? Thx 4 help!

2 hours ago, WhiteLionATX said:

Hello, I cant get the snufkin zeds to spawn in the game.

When using the debug menu they can be spwaned.

I tested on a single player map now... but last time, when I had a dedicated darknes falls server + snufkin zeds running I had the same problem... they swaned only 2 times within 120+ playtime. What am I doing wrong ? Thx 4 help!

Consider switching to the Snufkin Custom Zombies Plus. It has all of the well loved Snufkin Zombies in addition to 17 more community made versions.

https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021Sept20

The default spawn probability is quite a lot higher than the regular Snufkin Zombies version and you will see a lot more spawning action.
If you feel there are too many spawning, then there is a 'lite' version you can switch to. The 'lite' version is still higher than the regular Snufkin Zombies spawn rates and you will see a lot more than 2 within 120+ playtime for sure.

The thread for the PLUS version can be found here:

• 5 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Bigrowdy said:

I am late to the party but DAMN! 

Truly that. Snufkin started something very special with this collection.

I'm not sure which version you have installed, but all the greats from this collection, and some additional community made versions are in a PLUS version.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, doomtucan said:

How do i install this on my server? i uploaded the mod folder to the mods folder on the server and does not work at all

That's pretty much how you do it. 

The most common error is double-nesting the mod folder. Make certain that the folder layout looks something similar to this...

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, doomtucan said:

Is that inside the Mods folder? or another folder?

You will place the 'Snufkin+name of version you are using' inside the server Mods folder.

However, before you place it inside your Mods folder, double check that your 'Snufkin+name of version you are using' contains a Config folder (and others) at the next level.

If you see another 'Snufkin+name of version you are using' folder then it is a double-nesting issue and will not load.

The hierarchy should be:

Mods > 'Snufkin+name of version you are using' > Config (and others).

If you currently have:

Mods > 'Snufkin+name of version you are using' > 'Snufkin+name of version you are using' > Config (and others) then you have one too many Snufkin folders. Some file storage places can make that extra unnecessary folder on top. If you have that extra one on top, remove everything from within it so the hierarchy has only one Snufkin main folder.

If these explanations have not helped, send a Private Message and I can assist you with the uploading process to the server.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there wondering if anyone can help frist of I love this mod I can't get enough of it. I have this problem where some of the new zombies types spawn In but are missing textures for example the pumpkin head one has no arms or head the chainsaw one is missing the skull head and chainsaw etc. I am hosting the sever on my pc and my friends join me I can and error messages to pop up now and again next time we are on ill screen shoot it if anyone has any idea please let me know as I really want to keep playing with is mod many thanks 

2 hours ago, Gazer01 said:

Hi there wondering if anyone can help frist of I love this mod I can't get enough of it. I have this problem where some of the new zombies types spawn In but are missing textures for example the pumpkin head one has no arms or head the chainsaw one is missing the skull head and chainsaw etc. I am hosting the sever on my pc and my friends join me I can and error messages to pop up now and again next time we are on ill screen shoot it if anyone has any idea please let me know as I really want to keep playing with is mod many thanks 

Consider using this version of the Snufkin Zombies, if you are not already using it, as it contains all of the Snufkin Zombies and is up to date.

Snufkin made these zombies in a variety of ways. In some cases, they are given decorative attachments as with the Cowhead. If a server is not able to render the data effectively due to load or data transfer restrictions, sometimes the decorations will not appear instantly. For example,

- The Cowhead will not show the chainsaw or cowhead 'hat' as you experienced.
- The Scorcher will not show the turrets on its shoulders.
- The Parasite will not show the weapons it is holding.

Sometimes it just takes a little time, or the player needs to get closer to the Snufkin zombies for everything to appear. If the decorations are not appearing at all, it may be due to the server being hosted on your PC, if you are also playing at the same time. If only one of your friends can join while you check their feedback (if it's a dedicated server), you can slowly ask additional friends to join to check at what point the decorations stop appearing and see where the optimum load is.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

i was wondering what is the plan for the future of this mod regarding A20 integration?

the reason I ask is this chat that was had a month ago:

Goldie11/21/2021

Next DF wipe, can we have the sorcery mod incorporated? its fully compatible

lffayen11/21/2021

Somehow I doubt they will be compatible right after the release of A20 stable. We have resisted sorcery in the past due to various reasons. As it stands currently if there isn't an integrated download on the mod launcher to install them together with minimal fuss, I'd have to stand against it personally. There's already so many errors out of bad installs, incomplete downloads, or corrupted files.

Bob the blue blob of goo11/22/2021

We are always open to evaluating new MODs to play. Note that we only standup ONE MOD per server. Mixing MODs makes it difficult for players, makes it difficult for us, and usually means that we won't get support from at least one of the MOD makers. That is asking for trouble on a server of our size. It would be a different situation if we were all friends playing on a small, local/shared server in a private group.

Magedaddy11/23/2021

While this would normally be true, the devs of sorcery and DF actually work together frequently to try to make them as compatible as possible (hence why there's a compatibility mod that you need to make DF+Sorc work nicely together). Also, if I remember correctly, you guys have a section on your website for downloading the mods (or even on the launcher? I can't remember) just in case you guys ever made any edits to anything and people would need to grab them.

What you could do is bundle everything together correctly into one big zip file, and have people download it to play it on the server for those less inclined in how to do it themselves. In order to do that you would simply just upload an entire 7d2d copy with a poper mods folder etc. That way people download it and are immediately good to go.

I completely understand that it's quite a chore having to guide everyone though that @%$#s things up, but using this method above should be okay for even the most technologically illiterate lol

The only downside to this method is that the uploaded file would be quite large (probably around 12-13gb combining 7d2d+sorcery+DF) and people would have to spend a bit downloading it if their internet is bad

For some of the bigger public servers, a few of us have been asking for mods like Snufkin's Server Side or the Sorcery mod to add to Darkness Falls server but the admin have been very resistant to the idea.

Edited by The Frankman (see edit history)

This base of the original Snufkin Zombies was added to the Plus version for A19 which introduced some additional zombie bosses on top.

That version has been updated to A20.

I can certainly understand server admin to be hesitant of mixing mods, especially for overhauls where the code can quite different depending on how the dev compiled it. The good thing with zombie mods is that they are dynamic and when the server shuts down they typically disappear. This makes it easy to install and remove and install and remove without causing any inventory or ID issues. One thing to be careful of is the loot. It is possible that when a Snufkin Zombie drops loot is may not match the custom format added for some overhauls such as Undead Legacy. All in all though, a server admin called 'Dre' who used to visit regularly about a year ago, reported that he could integrate Sorcery with Snufkin Zombies and another overhaul. I downloaded his files and tested the server and it was a stable experience.

Hi there just wondering is anyone going to update the base version of side zombie mod for A20 as I don't want to use side plus on my server as I think it got alot of stuff in it that I find just to over the top for me or is there any way of removing certain zombies types from the plus version 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Gazer01 said:

Hi there just wondering is anyone going to update the base version of side zombie mod for A20 as I don't want to use side plus on my server as I think it got alot of stuff in it that I find just to over the top for me or is there any way of removing certain zombies types from the plus version 

Thank you 

There is a file in the PLUS version called entitygroups.xml. Editing this will allow you to remove certain zombies from being spawned.

It governs the mod in two ways. The top section allows the PLUS zombies to spawn in regular gameplay specific groups and biome areas:

ZombiesNight

ZombiesAll

ZombiesBurntForest

SnowZombies

ZombiesWastelandNightHard

ZombiesForestDowntown

ZombiesForestDowntownNight

ZombiesDesertNight

Within these groups you can see all of the PLUS zombies. If 'over the top' means a bit too intense then I recommend using the PLUS zombies but in the 'lite' version which can be found in the 'Server Admin Spawning Options' folder. If they are just too much for the way you play then continue to read on for how to remove them.

There are 2 ways to remove PLUS zombies from these groups.

1. You can manually delete their whole line entry. For example, in the ZombiesNight group you can see '<entity name="Mittens" prob="0.1"/>'. You can simply delete this whole line from the xml code and Mittens will not be called for ZombiesNight. This needs to be repeated for every group. Many groups are pretty identical but there are some discrepancies so copy/paste for each group may not always be the best idea as Wendigo spawns less out of her natural environment.

2. You can comment out an entry so that it will remain in the list but not be called. To do this it is necessary to add !-- after the first angle bracket and -- before the last angle bracket. For example:  <!--entity name="Mittens" prob="0.1"/-->

If you don't switch to the lite version, then you can manually change the probabilities to how they are in the A19 Snufkin Zombies version as well so they emulate your current settings for the original Snufkin Zombies and should offer an identical experience.

It is also possible for you to allow all or a select few of the PLUS Zombies to appear in a Biome such as the WastelandNightHard by leaving some open to be called while everywhere else has them removed from game play.

And now for the bottom area which regulates the Horde Night settings based on Game Stage. You will see lonnnnnnnng lists of the regular and PLUS zombies in each of the Game Stages. Fortunately, an application like Notepad ++ allows batch deletion of all entities which are identical. For example,

If you added all of this text into the Notepad ++ application in 'Search' > 'Replace'

<entity name="HellBear" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellBoar" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellFlyer" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellLion" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellShocker" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellWolf" prob="0.1"/><entity name="Mittens" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieMotorhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="Paindeer" prob="0.1"/><entity name="SharkWFLB" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieGeistArcher" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieHisser" prob="0.05"/><entity name="zombieTipsySquatch" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieDirewolf" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieTipsyPinkSquatch" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieSnowBear" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombiePogo" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieRedOni" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieBlueOni" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieNavezganeSlasher" prob="0.1"/><entity name="MotherClucker" prob="0.1"/>

And left the Replace with: area blank, and then selected 'Replace All', it will delete all of the entries the same as the above for the early Games Stages. You would need to repeat this a few times down the Games Stages as they change every 40 or so lines.

This can be daunting if you are not familiar with this file, but is typically less than an hours work regardless of experience. Care is the biggest factor here.

Once you have completed this and feel it matches the A19 experience, feel free to upload it for others to enjoy.

3 hours ago, arramus said:

There is a file in the PLUS version called entitygroups.xml. Editing this will allow you to remove certain zombies from being spawned.

It governs the mod in two ways. The top section allows the PLUS zombies to spawn in regular gameplay specific groups and biome areas:

ZombiesNight

ZombiesAll

ZombiesBurntForest

SnowZombies

ZombiesWastelandNightHard

ZombiesForestDowntown

ZombiesForestDowntownNight

ZombiesDesertNight

Within these groups you can see all of the PLUS zombies. If 'over the top' means a bit too intense then I recommend using the PLUS zombies but in the 'lite' version which can be found in the 'Server Admin Spawning Options' folder. If they are just too much for the way you play then continue to read on for how to remove them.

There are 2 ways to remove PLUS zombies from these groups.

1. You can manually delete their whole line entry. For example, in the ZombiesNight group you can see '<entity name="Mittens" prob="0.1"/>'. You can simply delete this whole line from the xml code and Mittens will not be called for ZombiesNight. This needs to be repeated for every group. Many groups are pretty identical but there are some discrepancies so copy/paste for each group may not always be the best idea as Wendigo spawns less out of her natural environment.

2. You can comment out an entry so that it will remain in the list but not be called. To do this it is necessary to add !-- after the first angle bracket and -- before the last angle bracket. For example:  <!--entity name="Mittens" prob="0.1"/-->

If you don't switch to the lite version, then you can manually change the probabilities to how they are in the A19 Snufkin Zombies version as well so they emulate your current settings for the original Snufkin Zombies and should offer an identical experience.

It is also possible for you to allow all or a select few of the PLUS Zombies to appear in a Biome such as the WastelandNightHard by leaving some open to be called while everywhere else has them removed from game play.

And now for the bottom area which regulates the Horde Night settings based on Game Stage. You will see lonnnnnnnng lists of the regular and PLUS zombies in each of the Game Stages. Fortunately, an application like Notepad ++ allows batch deletion of all entities which are identical. For example,

If you added all of this text into the Notepad ++ application in 'Search' > 'Replace'

<entity name="HellBear" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellBoar" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellFlyer" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellLion" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellShocker" prob="0.1"/><entity name="HellWolf" prob="0.1"/><entity name="Mittens" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieMotorhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="Paindeer" prob="0.1"/><entity name="SharkWFLB" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieGeistArcher" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieHisser" prob="0.05"/><entity name="zombieTipsySquatch" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieDirewolf" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieTipsyPinkSquatch" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieSnowBear" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombiePogo" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieRedOni" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieBlueOni" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieNavezganeSlasher" prob="0.1"/><entity name="MotherClucker" prob="0.1"/>

And left the Replace with: area blank, and then selected 'Replace All', it will delete all of the entries the same as the above for the early Games Stages. You would need to repeat this a few times down the Games Stages as they change every 40 or so lines.

This can be daunting if you are not familiar with this file, but is typically less than an hours work regardless of experience. Care is the biggest factor here.

Once you have completed this and feel it matches the A19 experience, feel free to upload it for others to enjoy.

I just don't like some on the new zombie types for example flying shark lol I like the base version because it gives more new types without going over board. Thanks for the advice ill have a go at editing the code if I get it done I'll we upload here for everyone

many thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, wanker1996 said:

sorry for asking but im currently playing A19.4, so which file should i download to get this mod working, im kinda late to the party

There are 2 choices.

1. This post links to the original Snufkin Zombies in a simple zipped folder that is uploaded to this forum. It's the second link attachment which describes it not being embedded in a holding folder.

2. This is a PLUS version which includes an abundance of Community made Snufkin additions. The A19 version is here.

https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021Oct31

This second version has a regular version which is pretty hard going and a 'lite' version which reduces the amount you will see. There is a readme inside which explains how to change between the choices.

I think you'll find either very interesting.