Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies

Snufkin

As a further follow up;

1. The main pictures were downloaded and put in a resources folder with replacement links such as:

texture="@modfolder:Resources/fDGBB5k.png"

This was to check if the external website pulls were the issue. They were certainly being connected to instead of the web link using that format but not to any noticeable degree. This website is well used and been around long enough to get things working well. This pull format was used in Bdub's vehicles for the prefabs and unity packs and could be applied here as well as it appears a general call command.

This really didn't help though.

2. Images which may be causing the overlay/underlay not to appear were blanked out until something appeared and that brought a result.

The exact image which was commented out was a black overlay:

windows.xml at the top.

<!--window name="ResearchBackground" depth="50" anchor="CenterCenter">
                <texture on_drag="true" on_press="true" pivot="center" pos="0,0" height="1037" width="1843" texture="@modfolder:Resources/YqeGKUQ.png"/>
        </window-->

This brought a better result and allowed the first BEGIN screen to have function.

20201209132906_1.thumb.jpg.baa6d83e4ea7201400a652569280f9b3.jpg

Hovering on the central hot spot allowed it to be selected and brings you to the research details.

20201209132925_1.thumb.jpg.0ec7baa1468e00f23732ff534e2f35ab.jpg

I spawned many Parasite characters and took many pictures. Eventually, a loud audio sound was played, just the same as when you complete a collection of books. This continues to play regardless of how many more pictures I took of Parasite after that. Nothing showed up in the research table though as I collected pictures.

There is certainly reference to it as a research feature though in the code and through CM.

20201209133424_1.thumb.jpg.027dd88acb477d17e992b9e26b1c2216.jpg

There are multiple features not applying and it appears the update caused changes for coding and needs reworking. I can see some of the issues but this is really as far as I can go with it. If any other modders would like the challenge, hats off to you.

Hi there, it might be a stupid question but ... we tried to install this mod on our server but the skins of the new zombies don't appear to work. Is there a special manipulation to do for it to work properly ?

thank you in advance

So  question, We have this Mod On two servers I'm a mod On and both are now doing the same thing, The zombies Spawn but they are not moving  at all (  The flying ones  work just fine) the walkers don't move at all though just stand in place ( kinda like you hit the  * button in single player with dm on to stop the ai from moving)  what would cause this from Happening where all the walkers are Just Big Targets that don't walk 

Edited by DjDave Voom (see edit history)

7 hours ago, oxmo said:

Hi there, it might be a stupid question but ... we tried to install this mod on our server but the skins of the new zombies don't appear to work. Is there a special manipulation to do for it to work properly ?

thank you in advance

Hi oxmo. Occasionally the skins don’t always appear properly for some characters, such as with the Cowhead character losing his helmet, but I haven’t seen it get any worse than that. As you get closer to the characters, their skins and attachments typically reappear as well. It sounds like you are getting it noticeably worse than that.

Can you confirm that you can see any of the Snufkin characters at all? You would certainly see the flying characters who would stand out from the regular default characters. 

3 hours ago, DjDave Voom said:

So  question, We have this Mod On two servers I'm a mod On and both are now doing the same thing, The zombies Spawn but they are not moving  at all (  The flying ones  work just fine) the walkers don't move at all though just stand in place ( kinda like you hit the  * button in single player with dm on to stop the ai from moving)  what would cause this from Happening where all the walkers are Just Big Targets that don't walk 

This is an odd one because I have never experienced it any of the previous builds and updates and this is the first feedback of this kind. I also went through a Blood Moon event for the latest (b6) update a few hours ago with these Zombies and everything was running as normal. I wonder if the servers have seen any other mods added into the mix which may not get along well with the Snufkin mod. 

5 hours ago, supercioni said:

Hi people,
It is possible that those zombies do not trigger traps?

i tested them in my server and they are great! and the entityspawn is very well done i think! but player complain that traps do not trigger

Hi supercioni.

I checked a few of the Snufkin zombies from the original and some from the new Plus version to see what traps are triggering and what are not for a few of the entities.

I am not going to go through every single zombie because it will be a long task. I hope this is something that the players you feel 'voice their concerns' are willing to do.

Here are the limited findings.

Wendigo and Undertaker are certainly impervious to electric shock.

20201216020540_1.thumb.jpg.ec7665e5c46f17aa8338b0ae239fdffe.jpg

Scorcher is not and gets shocked.

20201216020713_1.thumb.jpg.9c96f93d45b12fcc1c4dfb563908a037.jpg

Cowhead and Siren do not get shocked. However they get ripped apart by blades.

20201216021318_1.thumb.jpg.def9e66cf0ef53f891ac7f00e17c9604.jpg

20201216021434_1.thumb.jpg.4ea978d9c875c1896e3eb8bb8cee0fe5.jpg

As does Parasite.

20201216021407_1.thumb.jpg.25003eb7995aca36a50f9071b172e9cd.jpg

Scarecrow is impervious to flat blades and electric.

20201216022008_1.thumb.jpg.03dc03f5e3c8248bee2c876595fcca60.jpg

But not vertical blades or spikes.

20201216021621_1.thumb.jpg.47b1c9d15ab4509feab7c048eeac73d1.jpg

20201216022143_1.thumb.jpg.7f2c8b1e52447f216b66bceef2ed9c0d.jpg

Scarecrow is also hurt by darts.

20201216022532_1.thumb.jpg.c4a4b48c921d3803cd393301f6719cce.jpg

As is Psycho.

20201216022445_1.thumb.jpg.e05078865ff2a6fbcad88719f0f8d80e.jpg

There are a lot of Snufkin Zombies and quite a lot of combinations of traps. I'm afraid I cannot test all zombies and all combinations in detail.

The Snufkin Zombies mod was restored to functional for A19 and I am unfamiliar with how the traps impacted the Zombies in A18.

However, I don't recall any major changes in traps or the zombies beyond some updates and changes for compatibility and this may not have changed so much.

There is the Snufkin Zombies Plus mod which is an expansion of this original which can receive further updates where possible to provide greater trap impact on those that are impervious. However, to do that I hope you can ask the players who voice their concerns to:

- Comprehensively test each trap in every format from horizontal, vertical, and at foot, leg, waist, head height for every single Snufkin Zombie and report back their findings.

If that is a task they do not feel they are willing to undertake, I suggest:

- Creating more variety of traps which cover as many variations as possible.

- Getting a level 6 Auto Shotgun or M60 with mod attachments and some throwable incendiary or explosive devices as backup.

All the best with discussing this with them.

The tricky part in testing these guys (I have an electric trap base with SMG/Shotgun turrets and dart traps) is that while many of the Snufkin zombies do not get "shocked" (frozen electrocution animation) I think they still take damage from them. Parasite and Undertaker are two examples I was sure don't get shocked but take damage from them, I'll have to check that out again...

Edited by The Frankman (see edit history)

8 hours ago, The Frankman said:

The tricky part in testing these guys (I have an electric trap base with SMG/Shotgun turrets and dart traps) is that while many of the Snufkin zombies do not get "shocked" (frozen electrocution animation) I think they still take damage from them. Parasite and Undertaker are two examples I was sure don't get shocked but take damage from them, I'll have to check that out again...

Thank you. That will help a lot as well. Those that get shocked that don't show it and on the other extreme those that show it but don't take damage. Ruling these in or out will be allow for further tweaks.

I looked at a recording I just did on a past Horde night and it's the weirdest thing.

Results so far

Undertaker - Runs through electric traps but randomly will take damage. Sparks appear on him but he doesn't get "shocked" (shaking in place animation) until death.

Parasite - Runs through electric traps but randomly will take damage. Seemingly only gets shocked on death.

Banshee - Normal interaction: Is affected by electric traps. takes damage  and does get shocked.

Cowhead - Runs through electric traps but randomly will take damage. Randomly will get shocked.

Inconclusive:

Scarecrow - I couldn't test the Scarecrow because my trap is at leg level and he floated over the trap wire. 😦

I'm recording another horde night to get more data now.

This is so nuts, man. Just recorded another horde night and everything is just random. Saw a Banshee crawl through my electric trap like a Sunday stroll, watched an Undertaker touch a wire and get shocked into oblivion, then watched the Scarecrow actually touch a wire while in its spin animation and get shocked. The only thing I can conclude is that every interaction is random; they will randomly take damage, randomly get shocked, and randomly treat the trap like it's not there.

8 minutes ago, batboyboy said:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
help! on a19 b6

That literally narrows it down to about a million possibilities. Would need a log to narrow it down further. Instructions are in the Stickied thread in the General Support section.

On 12/22/2020 at 7:40 AM, The Frankman said:

This is so nuts, man. Just recorded another horde night and everything is just random. Saw a Banshee crawl through my electric trap like a Sunday stroll, watched an Undertaker touch a wire and get shocked into oblivion, then watched the Scarecrow actually touch a wire while in its spin animation and get shocked. The only thing I can conclude is that every interaction is random; they will randomly take damage, randomly get shocked, and randomly treat the trap like it's not there.

Once again, thanks for testing to such a degree and sharing your findings. Your conclusion sounds very valid and simply providing as much variety as possible may or may not hold them back but at least has the potential.

One other 'trap' I've been trying is oakraven's pets, gaurds, and jeep mod. The latest Dog guards are most effective against 2 legged entities and help to keep them at bay or ultimately eliminate them. Excessive on this occasion to test load, but fun.

20201224005342_1.thumb.jpg.bfcdb00c7a02b77d9506992097894f64.jpg

3 hours ago, batboyboy said:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
help! on a19 b6

Previous issues of this nature are often the result of running another mod which is not compatible with a Snufkin Zombie feature. Possibly a duplication or something that changes a default feature that the Snufkin Zombies depend on. If your server environment consists of multiple mods, starting with only the Snufkin Zombies and building up the mods can help to find any conflict. If it's not related to these common issues, further analysis will help through logs and a more detailed description.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, arramus said:

Previous issues of this nature are often the result of running another mod which is not compatible with a Snufkin Zombie feature. Possibly a duplication or something that changes a default feature that the Snufkin Zombies depend on. If your server environment consists of multiple mods, starting with only the Snufkin Zombies and building up the mods can help to find any conflict. If it's not related to these common issues, further analysis will help through logs and a more detailed description.

Yeah this happens a few times to me on Horde nights and I quickly close the command console so I don't miss stuff lol. I've accepted that it's just clutter from running tons of mods at once. I run:

Bdubs Vehicles

Blessed Metal Mod

PhD Better Lights 3.3 (A19)

PhD Bigger Crafting Queue x 10 1.3 (A19)

PhD Bigger Forge Input 1.0 (A19)

PhD Food_Water 2.1 x 5 (A19)

Riles-HUDPlus1.07

Super Auger

Weed Whacker

and of course slightly altered Snufkin-CustomZombies-A19-Stable-2020Nov03-master

hello everyone 

sorry to bother you, 

but i really want to play this on a renter server (nitrado, gportal etc...) with my friends. 

can someone explain me please how to install this mod on the server via ftp please ?

do i juste need to ctrl c and ctrl v the file on the server ? 

@oxmo For some servers, the zipped folder is uploaded and unzipped to the requisite Mods folder using the server console. If you server has copy/paste capability all the better.

For this, I suggest using the second linked file which describes it is for servers that do not like the Github folder due to its extra 'shell' folder.

Try to:

1. Upload the zipped folder to your ftp.

2. Unpack into the Mods folder. (or copy/paste what is inside the zipped folder if possible)

3. Run the server and join as admin.

4. Use a console command F1 > dm > Enter to allow you to then use F6 to see if you can spawn a Snufkin Zombie manually.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

Hi all, I didn't find anything via a search, so just going to ask...anyone else experience their character being huge with this mod? My body is like an undertaker right now, and I can't figure out why, lol? I am HUGE...

On a side note, these new zombies are a ton of fun, just what I needed to make the game more challenging. 

Edited by ZombieMikeG (see edit history)

8 hours ago, ZombieMikeG said:

Hi all, I didn't find anything via a search, so just going to ask...anyone else experience their character being huge with this mod? My body is like an undertaker right now, and I can't figure out why, lol? I am HUGE...

On a side note, these new zombies are a ton of fun, just what I needed to make the game more challenging. 

A posting from a server admin a while ago mentioned players could join his server using the Snufkin character profiles when they select their own players from the existing list.

I wonder if your Profile has taken on that character's settings along the way.

20201229100846_1.thumb.jpg.d876cc29263f2d17486f0d1d95bea579.jpg

11 hours ago, arramus said:

A posting from a server admin a while ago mentioned players could join his server using the Snufkin character profiles when they select their own players from the existing list.

I wonder if your Profile has taken on that character's settings along the way.

Yep, that was it, happened without my actions, haha. Any way to change it in an already ongoing game?

Edited by ZombieMikeG (see edit history)

2 hours ago, ZombieMikeG said:

Yep, that was it, happened without my actions, haha. Any way to change it in an already ongoing game?

I believe it depends on the server host. There is a setting where players are allowed to change their profiles and the server I play on allows that:

<property name="PersistentPlayerProfiles"        value="false" />            <!-- If disabled a player can join with any selected profile. If true they will join with the last profile they joined with -->

Changed to Wendigo

20201230000303_1.thumb.jpg.3a285334d941283841e433e76e39b078.jpg

20201230000244_1.thumb.jpg.cd91cb34c189778ce18e4d12b3338788.jpg

Went back to my regular profile.

20201230000413_1.thumb.jpg.d4590aacdad03c77aa47cd0588688338.jpg

9 hours ago, ZombieMikeG said:

I'm playing single-player, and found the setting in the XML file, and it's set to false. However, when I go in to change the profile, then load a saved game, it doesn't take.

I attempted to match your actions but made the change directly through the game interface when selecting my SP continue.

20201230163323_1.thumb.jpg.69b7285e579613d20fca747cbff9c4c4.jpg

I began as Wendigo and switched back to my regular profile successfully.

20201230163152_1.thumb.jpg.d9c7d248dcc3cb2c36730a12464850cd.jpg

20201230163302_1.thumb.jpg.08fb966596471e8f2e976cee1fa1b770.jpg