Days End Suites Crappy Looking Showers. A18

Spotnik

The Days End Suites bathrooms need a little polish. The rest of this building looks great, but every bathroom has 2 glass blocks for a shower. Even a tub would look better. Not really complaining about it, just pointing it out. Let's face it though, that is just cheesy to look at. Sure it's easy glass but not very immersive. Video is here.

Great work guys and keep it up I love this game. I know you guys have alot of other stuff on your plate. I'm just throwing out some respective criticism. :02.47-tranquillity:

As long as we're criticising stuff, the motorcycle needs to be about 10x louder. It's currently quiter than the minibike.

Don't forget about how the 4x4 gets stuck on any little hill more often than not. In one trip I had to get out, empty my truck and pick it up and place it back down 3 or 4 times because it kept getting stuck on hilly area's. You can't hit C to do the wheelie thing in the 4x4, so the 4x4 actually has worse hill climb ability than the friggin pedal bike.

Don't forget about how the 4x4 gets stuck on any little hill more often than not. In one trip I had to get out, empty my truck and pick it up and place it back down 3 or 4 times because it kept getting stuck on hilly area's. You can't hit C to do the wheelie thing in the 4x4, so the 4x4 actually has worse hill climb ability than the friggin pedal bike.

Those holes in gravestowne are the bane of the 4x4. If it is going to stop a 4x4 then at least have the decency to script a feral horde attack for when it happens.

The motorcycle should have +100 heat to any area it arrives in from all the noise. The JEEP should be a mountain climbing machine, better even than the cruiser looking motorcycle. The motorcycle is for speed the jeep should be for "I DONT FEEL LIKE TURNING AT ALL ON MY TO THE POI!".

As long as we are airing grievances, we should be allowed to tame wolves or coyotes as guard dogs. There. I said it.

The motorcycle should have +100 heat to any area it arrives in from all the noise. The JEEP should be a mountain climbing machine, better even than the cruiser looking motorcycle. The motorcycle is for speed the jeep should be for "I DONT FEEL LIKE TURNING AT ALL ON MY TO THE POI!".

I figure the Jeep is for cargo, the motorcycle is for speed. But yeah, I ride a cruiser (Yamaha Vstar 1100) 5 days a week and I wear military ear protection (plugs). During a zombie apocalypse I would NOT be using a bike for stealth lol.

The Jeep should get a lift kit upgrade or something so it turns into a rock crawler. Right now it's a bit low to the ground, but I mostly keep it on roads anyway.

OP should change the title of the thread to "Airing of Grievances".

I wish I had the know-how to make a script that looked at all Asphalt in a radius of any "bumps" and did a quick calculation to "smooth" out said bumps

Example: road going through the desert, there are 200 blocks of asphalt in a 4 wide by 50 long stretch, all at height 100 (60~ rock/ores and 38 sand/sandstone and 2 layers of asphalt) and in column 2, 8 blocks in from the bottom (left) there is a 1 block discrepancy making a single "bump"

the script would "follow" the roads on asphalt only and when it discovers a "bump" it checks the closest 5-6 other asphalt blocks and changes the single/double block bump to match the height of the others in the area (if the closest are more BELOW as in an Asphalt spire happened, it would halve in size as the lowest of the check and the current top would have a calculation split the difference)

simple diagram

the script in my perfect would would look 1 in each direction (NESW and Up and Down for a total of 6 checks) and would look at each one's height data and emulate it to smooth out roads

Of course this is probably a HUGE waste of time, and probably WAAAAYY more complicated than this, but one can dream, right?

anyways...motorcycle needs paints and a noise/heat increase, 4X4 needs lifted chassis, Bicycle should coast on hills with gravity increasing speed like gravity would

I wish I had the know-how to make a script that looked at all Asphalt in a radius of any "bumps" and did a quick calculation to "smooth" out said bumps

Example: road going through the desert, there are 200 blocks of asphalt in a 4 wide by 50 long stretch, all at height 100 (60~ rock/ores and 38 sand/sandstone and 2 layers of asphalt) and in column 2, 8 blocks in from the bottom (left) there is a 1 block discrepancy making a single "bump"

the script would "follow" the roads on asphalt only and when it discovers a "bump" it checks the closest 5-6 other asphalt blocks and changes the single/double block bump to match the height of the others in the area (if the closest are more BELOW as in an Asphalt spire happened, it would halve in size as the lowest of the check and the current top would have a calculation split the difference)

simple diagram

the script in my perfect would would look 1 in each direction (NESW and Up and Down for a total of 6 checks) and would look at each one's height data and emulate it to smooth out roads

Of course this is probably a HUGE waste of time, and probably WAAAAYY more complicated than this, but one can dream, right?

anyways...motorcycle needs paints and a noise/heat increase, 4X4 needs lifted chassis, Bicycle should coast on hills with gravity increasing speed like gravity would

Its possible to make a tool do that with an existing map, but this is actually a job that RWG should do on its own, before exporting the map.

During generation it has way more knowledge where roads (the intended path) and POIs are. Two roads crossing each other should always have the same target height at the intersection. Roads should determine their "general" height based on the terrain, or the closest POI. But once they are placed, -in post processing - the terrain should smoothly adjust towards the road.

Im sure they will address those issues in the future...

Its possible to make a tool do that with an existing map, but this is actually a job that RWG should do on its own, before exporting the map.

During generation it has way more knowledge where roads (the intended path) and POIs are. Two roads crossing each other should always have the same target height at the intersection. Roads should determine their "general" height based on the terrain, or the closest POI. But once they are placed, -in post processing - the terrain should smoothly adjust towards the road.

Im sure they will address those issues in the future...

They should just effing hire you already, damo.

The Days End Suites bathrooms need a little polish. The rest of this building looks great, but every bathroom has 2 glass blocks for a shower. Even a tub would look better. Not really complaining about it, just pointing it out. Let's face it though, that is just cheesy to look at. Sure it's easy glass but not very immersive. Video is here.
Great work guys and keep it up I love this game. I know you guys have alot of other stuff on your plate. I'm just throwing out some respective criticism. :02.47-tranquillity:

I think that's just due to it being an older POI that has yet to be updated. Pretty sure the Clunky Oil Co. and the Ostrich Hotel still need updating, as well as the Red Mesa Government Facility. Not to mention the ancient Ranger Base from Alpha 1 that hasn't been updated since then! But yeah, TFP has stated in the Release notes for Alpha 18 that it is the plan to update all of the POIs, and Alpha 18 has done a great job updating a large portion of them.

Archived