Most recent patch and crafting.

Tristaris

"Items crafted by players can now have random stats. No random stats on primitive/stone items. Weapon and similar perks add 1 crafting quality per level so you can eventually craft QL 6 items."

I'm pretty fond of this change. I love how it can be randomized now and how the players can craft QL 6 now. It makes me pretty damned happy, I'm not going to lie.

This change is garbage. We are back to spam crafting and never needing to go out and loot. Just when they had actually solved that issue, they shoot them selves in the foot.

Good luck spam crafting and finding enough parts. Especially at high quality levels.

Day 20 and we have more parts than can be held in a chest, without really trying. We have been spam-mining to get our main base up not spam-looting. Low tier guns drop like rain in A18, and parts are more generic (eg Pistol parts covers both Pistols and SMGs).

Anyway it's not the spam-crafting that is the main issue here but just the bare fact that players can craft tier 6. That alone hugely lessens the need to loot.

This change is garbage. We are back to spam crafting and never needing to go out and loot. Just when they had actually solved that issue, they shoot them selves in the foot.

Oh really. Tell me where you are going to get the recipes of 70% of the perks you cant specialize into. Also, tell me where you are going to get the parts needed for crafting every friking thing.

Playing a18 I cant think of any more stubborn comment as yours. Even if they removed parts from tools, which IMO they should, in this alpha looting would still be OP compared to everything else. But since parts for everything is a thing, there is just nothing else even close in efficiency as looting right now.

I dont even call it crafting now. For me crafting things is turning my gathering into items. They already removed that completly. Now you turn parts which are looted. For me that isnt crafting, its looting items with an added step, so why are you complaining

Day 20 and we have more parts than can be held in a chest, without really trying. We have been spam-mining to get our main base up not spam-looting. Low tier guns drop like rain in A18, and parts are more generic (eg Pistol parts covers both Pistols and SMGs).

Anyway it's not the spam-crafting that is the main issue here but just the bare fact that players can craft tier 6. That alone hugely lessens the need to loot.

Crafting a QL6 item:

1. Go out and loot several POIs.

2. Return and scrap every looted item.

3. Gathering the remaining materials that are increasing per QL.

4. Spend points in the main attribute and the sub-tree to unlock high QL crafting for ONE slot

5. Craft the item.

6. Pray to RNG-sus.

Crafting a QL6 item:

1. Max out Lucky Looter.

2. Hit a POI.

3. Get lucky.

Excuse me sir, but what the "ef" are you moaning about?

I like the change, dont get why people are upset with it as any non-crafting character will continue to play exactly as before, just makes characters who have points in crafting viable for T6 with parts that were eventually rendered useless previously.

The fact that the core crafting material required to craft weapons is from weapons that will mostly be from loot begs to differ.

The more important question is how many weapon parts is required to craft a the weapon. However that is even not too OP since it is very unlikely to be perked in all attritubes to have the q6 crafting ability on all desired weapons/armor.

Hmm and how exactly did you get those parts? Would it have been by looting?

Crafting a QL6 item:

4. Spend points in the main attribute and the sub-tree to unlock high QL crafting for ONE slot

5. Craft the item.

6. Pray to RNG-sus.

Crafting a QL6 item:

1. Max out Lucky Looter.

2. Hit a POI.

3. Get lucky.

Some people just like to ruin other people's fun for their own enjoyment, because they feel anything that raises someone else's fun must be at the detriment to their own fun.

This was a much needed change, and I cannot express how happy I am with it. Looking forward to crafting my own gear as I progress through the game.

In A17, I didn't like being able to craft the best stuff, so I played loot-only and it was more fun for me. The crafters probably really enjoyed themselves last alpha. Now the looting is enforced to craft high tier and that is probably a big shock to the crafters. I am happy with the change. If the crafters are happy to make tier 6 now, then I say this is a good balance.

Interesting. I wasn’t aware you could set up a chest in your base and zombies would come by and drop hundreds of scrapped parts into it.

Also, we should get rid of Lucky Looter and loot goggles since their existence in game hugely lessen the need to loot.

Crafting a QL6 item:

5. Craft the item.

6. Pray to RNG-sus.

Crafting a QL6 item:

1. Max out Lucky Looter.

2. Hit a POI.

3. Get lucky.

+1

But at least they made QL6 craftable.

Crafting a QL6 item:

5. Craft the item.

6. Pray to RNG-sus.

Crafting a QL6 item:

1. Max out Lucky Looter.

2. Hit a POI.

3. Get lucky.

I would point out that you also have to pray to RNG-sus on looted items but overall you get a lot of high quality items looting atm so it's not some huge issue.

Otherwise thoroughly agree.

Yes your still going to be doing a lot of mining, unless they hugely up ammunition supplies thats just inevitable as you need to for the ammo for horde night will allways exceed your ability to loot it. If your using significant amounts of concrete and traps the same is going to hold true for stoine and iron. Thats just a factor of usage of those items on a large structure and on horde night.

Archived