SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

Sirillion

Thank you for this mod, it looks great. First it took me a little time to get use to it, but now i am very happy with it. One thing i wonder is if it is possible to add a "lock slots" option for vehicles and the droid too. 

In any case thanks for your work :)

2 hours ago, Babuchas said:

Thank you for this mod, it looks great. First it took me a little time to get use to it, but now i am very happy with it. One thing i wonder is if it is possible to add a "lock slots" option for vehicles and the droid too. 

In any case thanks for your work :)

It is and we had but it wasn't working "properly" so we disabled it for now. We plan to revisit it once we find time to prioritize it.

7 minutes ago, ate0ate said:

1 = Grey

2 = Orange

3 = Yellow

4 = Green

5 = Blue

6 = Purple

Once you know them I found that I actually prefer just the color. Its sort of redundant to put a number AND a color really. I get that that is a subjective thing though:)

I agree its super subjective, for example, imo the rarest/best items should always be GOLD :p

Lol, yeah, I agree. Blame the vanilla game for that one. I realized after using SMX and going by the default color system that it more or less follows the rarity system in many looters and mobile games. Grey for common, green for uncommon, blue for rare and puprle for epic. TFP should scrap the yellow, move things down a notch so that things work out to tier 6 being the gold legendary tier:)

57 minutes ago, ate0ate said:

Lol, yeah, I agree. Blame the vanilla game for that one. I realized after using SMX and going by the default color system that it more or less follows the rarity system in many looters and mobile games. Grey for common, green for uncommon, blue for rare and puprle for epic. TFP should scrap the yellow, move things down a notch so that things work out to tier 6 being the gold legendary tier:)

Yeah exactly, I just use https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1734 for now :D

At least Undead Legacy has the right colours as standard haha.

1 hour ago, MikeyUK said:

Yeah exactly, I just use https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1734 for now :D

At least Undead Legacy has the right colours as standard haha.

"Right" colors is a matter of opinion. And SMX is not a content mod so there is no need for SMX to change the colors of item quality. It is way better to use the colors that people recognize than to switch it up.

Yeah, I agree that it wouldn't make sense for SMX to change something like that. Most games using the colored tier system tend to personalize it in some way so its not exactly standardized or anything. TFP would have to make the adjustments but it works well enough as is. As I said earlier its really not bad once you get used to it and I actually ended up preferring the color system over the number system once I did. It keeps things clean and concise. Less numbers is less confusing for my eyes too. I play on an older 1080p LCD TV in my living-room so I'm rather far from the screen. SMX makes things nice and easy to see with high contrast black backgrounds and the clearly colored tiers means the only number I need to be concerned with is the amount of items in a stack.

There's not only an insane amount of personal preference involved in HUD/UI selection but also what your monitor/screen setup is. That goes a long way in making a decision or forming preferences. For example, a lot of UIs go for a bit of translucency as it can look quite aesthetically pleasing but I find on my setup that it just makes things hard to read or see clearly and quickly. A lot of the HUDs and UIs for 7 Days tend to aim for something more akin to 4k monitor setups with their nice and neat, but very small and semi-translucent inventory tiles. Beautiful on a monitor, terrible on TV lol. I'm not trying to fanboy too hard, its just that I've genuinely gotten a lot out of SMX:)

1 hour ago, Sirillion said:

"Right" colors is a matter of opinion. And SMX is not a content mod so there is no need for SMX to change the colors of item quality. It is way better to use the colors that people recognize than to switch it up.

I was not suggesting anything was changed, just commenting on the subjective nature @ate0ate was talking about :)  By "right"  I was not referring to your SMX mod, I was referring to games not using gold as legendary in general, I should have been more clear and reinforced its an opinion as to not cause offence x

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)

6 hours ago, MikeyUK said:

I was not suggesting anything was changed, just commenting on the subjective nature @ate0ate was talking about :)  By "right"  I was not referring to your SMX mod, I was referring to games not using gold as legendary in general, I should have been more clear and reinforced its an opinion as to not cause offence x

No offense taken, I just wanted to chime in on the discussion that's all :)

Pushed updates for: SMXhud, SMXlib, SMXui, ZMXuiCPBBM, ZMXuiCPBBMl, ZMXuiCPBBMxl & ZMXuiCPBBMxxl

ChangeLog - SMXhud:

• ADDED: Hunger deficiency mouse over, quickly check how much food you need by mousing over the hunger label.
  • ADDED: Thirst deficiency mouse over, quickly check how much water you need by mousing over the thirst label.
  • FIXED: Compass background color reference.
  • FIXED: Skillpoints mouseover calculation.

ChangeLog - SMXlib:

• ADDED: New art assets.
  • ADDED: New version of Laydor's XUiComponents.

ChangeLog - SMXui:

• ADDED: Map window re-design.
  • ADDED: Search function to backpack, containers and vehicle storage. (Req: ZMXuiCPBBM)
  • FIXED: Background sprite size in crafting queue.

ChangeLog - ZMXuiCPBBM:

• ADDED: Searchable backpack, containers and vehicle storage.

ChangeLog - ZMXuiCPBBMl:

• FIXED: Small bug.

ChangeLog - ZMXuiCPBBMxl:

ChangeLog - ZMXuiCPBBMxxl:

A20.3_2022-02-28_19-38-23.thumb.jpg.97b99ef8a2590705f71be4a7a12cc8d2.jpg

A20.3_2022-03-01_01-10-49.thumb.jpg.2e1123f5e5f92b59142310945ac01eea.jpg

Hi @Sirillion

I am trying to install the mods for both smxhud, smxui and smxui and even though I have downloaded the updates the following problems appear on the console and they are not visible and I cannot do anything either, it leaves the game unusable (I have the anticheat deactivated), could you guide to find a solution to the problem please?.

Thank you very much for your work and help.

All the best.

I show an image.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, sombraxxl said:

Hi @Sirillion

I am trying to install the mods for both smxhud, smxui and smxui and even though I have downloaded the updates the following problems appear on the console and they are not visible and I cannot do anything either, it leaves the game unusable (I have the anticheat deactivated), could you guide to find a solution to the problem please?.

Thank you very much for your work and help.

All the best.

I show an image.

spacer.png

You have not installed SMXlib, it is mandatory and must be installed with all the other main modlets.

On 3/4/2022 at 6:57 AM, dujinyuan said:

what...100 is too more  63 is too little....well...how about the 75 ..?I feel it's good to me~~~~anyway thanks for mod....

The new scrollable backpack can be adapted to fit 75 if you’re a bit code savvy and want to get down and dirty with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SMX. As usual Im enjoying your hud, just wanted to give a +1 in the hopes of showing quality numbers at some point. Have it compatible with another mod that reworks the quality system a la A16. :)

I currently have one issue: icons look a bit weird in a 1080p setup. I imagine it was made with a higher resolution in mind?

3 hours ago, danielspoa said:

Hi SMX. As usual Im enjoying your hud, just wanted to give a +1 in the hopes of showing quality numbers at some point. Have it compatible with another mod that reworks the quality system a la A16. :)

I currently have one issue: icons look a bit weird in a 1080p setup. I imagine it was made with a higher resolution in mind?

Not working on quality numbers at the moment. The back end code is in but I've simply not had time to mod of late and that is not high on the priority list I'm afraid.

Not sure I understand what you mean by compatible with another mod that reworks the quality system.

Witch icons do you mean? The item icons are vanilla and we do not touch those. The icons we mod are made in 700x700, saved in 160x160 but displayed a lot smaller.

Oh I mean that it adds more quality levels. It simulates A16 where you had quality detailed to 1 - 600 ( but this mod makes it 1 - 1000 ) and lost a bit of quality on each repair. For this reason its good to see the quality number :)

For icons I mean the icons for the skill or craft menu, like categories and stuff. My guess is that its more detailed than my monitor can show but Im not expert.
Outline is jagged and details are hard to see. But opening the icon files outside the game shows them perfect.

please check this in full size: https://i.imgur.com/KTEQPWY.png

Edited by danielspoa (see edit history)

If I'd like to use vehicles from a mod (Bdubyah's Dirt Bike) or added storage containers (Sam's Storage Stuff), will they work with SMX UI? Will their icons just appear as vanilla icons and therefore standout, or are they completely incompatible without a patch for SMX UI? Thank you.

2 hours ago, Hubbleton said:

If I'd like to use vehicles from a mod (Bdubyah's Dirt Bike) or added storage containers (Sam's Storage Stuff), will they work with SMX UI? Will their icons just appear as vanilla icons and therefore standout, or are they completely incompatible without a patch for SMX UI? Thank you.

Dirt Bike should work as it has no XUi files as far as I can see. Storage Stuff I don’t know as I didn’t check that one. Never tried any of them though so I cannot know for sure.