Game mode SP

Did you wipe old saves? Y

Did you start a new game? Y

Did you validate your files? N

Are you using any mods? N

EAC on or off ? Off

Summary: Traders are closed when they are suppoosed to be open

Bug Description: Trader closed mid day.

Reproduce steps: Play. It happens a LOT more than it used to. Every week or so I am getting this bug. Traveling away 1 km and back or restarting the game will open the trader.

Actual result: Trader closed mid day.

Expected result: Trader open mid day.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

please try to get some output logs to find an error hopefully. dbs screen shot showing which one and where.

navezgane? rwg? complete seed name and size of map if rwg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: disappearing vehicles

Bug Description: If the game crashes with you on a vehicle it will cease to exist.

Reproduce steps: crash the game while on a vehicle (force closing the program simulates this) and when you load the game it will not be there.

Actual result: No vehicle

Expected result: Vehicle

1: For the closed trader, open the console command (f1) and try typing "traderarea" this will reset the trader, and the light should pop on. If the light does no come on, and the gate unlock then run "LE" or List Entities and make sure there is indeed a trader inside. If there is not, you can use the F6 menu to spawn one in.

2: Some times the vehicle will not save properly, and can potentially end up in a previous location. Or it can be below ground, or floating 100s of blocks in the air. You can run the LE command to check if the vehicle still exists or not. Keep in mind it likely wont show up if it spawned in an unloaded region file. Could help to retrace your steps for the past 30 minutes to an hour.

--- these are all steps we take on our servers when these problems crop up for us. :) Hope it helps!

In response to earlier post by FA_Q2 regarding... (should of quoted it)

I too have had this happen multiple times. It's always the same trader for me... the one with self-storage lockers (has the large green waste bin outside to the left when looking at the door).

There is a power box on both sides of the bit of wall at the front of the compound (between bars) that I can jump on and over the fence. The trader inside is working fine with his door unlocked and open sign on. The compound door however is locked and outside open sign off.

Edit: add reference to earlier post.

On our servers we notice this happens most often when a player has placed a land claim or has build something in the region file that the trader is in. The more player presence, the more often the Traders would bug out. We've even had the traders completely despawn, or the barrier protection fail, and we will find zombies inside the walls.

Platform: (PC or Mac) PC

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode SP

Did you wipe old saves? Y

Did you start a new game? Y

Did you validate your files? N

Are you using any mods? N

EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: Trader closed mid day.

Reproduce steps: Play. It happens a LOT more than it used to. Every week or so I am getting this bug. Traveling away 1 km and back or restarting the game will open the trader.

Actual result: Trader closed mid day.

Expected result: Trader open mid day.

I can confirm this behavior, it has happened to me at least twice. During the trader's hours of operation, everything looks normal (open sign is on, flag waving, etc.) but the door is locked.

Quitting to the main menu and re-starting the game fixed it for me (temporarily).

I encountered this in a new single-plkayer RWG game, no mods, EAC on.

Unfortunately I did not get screenshots/logs. If this happens again I will try to grab both, and will edit this post.

Thank you, I found a way to reproduce this easily, now we just need to get it fixed.

-Hated

No, not the animal sound (like bird or insect), I talk about the short music FX (creepy) played during night. They are off in 17.2 and they back now (That make no sense for me if music is off)

If you're talking about the sounds I think you are those are ambient sounds not music which is why you still hear them. Try turning the ambient sounds off and music up and see if they are still there.

Bedroll and LCB deactivated

Summary: Sleeping bag and LCB deactivate after days of not playing game

Version: A17.3 b18

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 7

Game mode: SP RWG

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? /No

EAC on

Bug Description:

If you do not play the game for a number of days, when you start playing again, the bedroll and land claim block will both be inactive.

In my case, this was a major PITA, because my bedroll was in a POI and I didn't notice it was inactive until after I died. There were several "death loops" to get my stuff because enemies had respawned in the POI I was using as a base.

I reported this in a previous alpha, but it's in neither the "fixed" nor "known bugs" lists (that I saw, anyway).

Reproduce steps:

1) Start SP game, drop bedroll and/or LCB

2) Do not play game for a few days (over a week in this case)

3) Start the same game

Actual result: Bedroll and LCB are inactive

Expected result: Bedroll and LCB are still active

Log file: [ATTACH]28462[/ATTACH]

Hey khzmusik !

This is probably the game setting: (mulitplayer tab) Claim Duration and not a bug.

This setting is handling bedroll and landclaim.

If you run into this more frequently than you should going by the settings, please inform me on this.

-Hated

EDIT to respond:

This is on single-player, not multi-player. Furthermore, it happened after my computer was entirely shut off for days (I was on vacation in New Orleans).

If this is the intended behavior, then the intended behavior is IMHO a bug itself. It did not happen in A16, and there is no indication anywhere that it even could happen in A17.

There are a number of obvious ways to fix this:

• Only count days where the "server" is running, not absolute dates/times.
  • Disable the feature entirely (or at least have it disabled by default) in single-player games.

I'm sure there are other fixes I can't think of right now.

At the very least, there should be a big ol' warning somewhere obvious - in the bedroll and/or land claim text in the game, for example - and instructions about how to disable it.

Speaking of which - how would I disable that feature entirely? Put in a value of 0 or -1 or something?

With the remake of the main menu, we no longer have the different modes for SP/MP making the landclaim duration also a problem for SP players, we will increase the possiblesettings in the future.

-Hated

output_log__2019-05-21__20-33-14.txt

hey faatal, since you read the forums, can you take a look at the bedroll code? there is a bug that makes other players spawn on our beds, and this glitch exists since a17 come out

Hey kamer1337 !

Please provide me with steps to reproduce the issue.

-Hated

this is a rare bug that occurs when you die in multiplayer server, you spawn in someone else bed. very game breaking in pvp servers

Summary: Rounded transparent box next to cursor

Version: A17.3 b18

OS/Version: Windows/Linux

All game modes

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? yes

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC off

Bug Description:

There's a small transparent box next to the cursor. It's best seen during night.

https://i.imgur.com/8l6HarD.png

Summary: quest objective zombieKills counter resets when value over 284

Version: 17.3

OS/Version: Windows 10

single player

Are you using any mods? yes

EAC off

Bug Description:

creating a mod that has an objective with a ZombieKill value greater than 284 resets the counter to 0

Reproduce steps:

as in description.

Actual result:

as in description

Expected result:

that the ZombieKill counter would not reset and be able to achieve any number that is set in the specific objective value.

I seem to lose my bedroll. is it a known bug.

It's good fun though dying then waking up miles from base/backpack. Then spending two game days trying to get back, with no water or food.

Does this relate to the report above yours?

-Hated

i have reported this bug several times in 17.2 as well as 17.3 i play single player have the LCB set to 10 days. i can only play on the weekends so it can be 6 to 7 IRL days between play sessions. yet every time the bedroll has become inactive and because of this is not shown on the HUD. i get to my base and the LCB is inactive and i have to break it and replace it.

i have reported this bug several times in 17.2 as well as 17.3 i play single player have the LCB set to 10 days. i can only play on the weekends so it can be 6 to 7 IRL days between play sessions. yet every time the bedroll has become inactive and because of this is not shown on the HUD. i get to my base and the LCB is inactive and i have to break it and replace it.

This happened to me for my first time a few days ago. I have played a lot since 17.1, fortunately it wasn't till 17.3. I do a lot of modding too though so haven't stuck with the same map longer than an average of probably day 30.

Summary: deaths get counted twice when ragequitting

Version: A17 (all versions, even experimental, posted it back then but still not fixed)

All game modes

EAC both

Bug Description:

If you ragequit when you die or simply want to take a break, if you alt+F4 while dead, you will be rewarded with two deaths.

One before quitting the other one after rejoining.

What should happen:

only count the death on respawn.

Summary: Rounded transparent box next to cursor

Bug Description:

There's a small transparent box next to the cursor. It's best seen during night.

https://i.imgur.com/8l6HarD.png

I've also seen that intermittently since several versions ago, but with varying location in regard to the curser. Also mine has always been squared, not rounded.

I hadn't noticed it since a recent Steam update and wondered if the problem had been resolved.

from Steam update notes:

"Fixed the Steam updater window intermittently displaying as a small transparent rectangle if it is shown when the main Steam window is closed."

Again, not sure if related, but I haven't noticed that rectangle yet since the update. (hard to see anyway, except in certain lighting conditions)

Summary: deaths get counted twice when ragequitting

Version: A17 (all versions, even experimental, posted it back then but still not fixed)

All game modes

EAC both

Bug Description:

If you ragequit when you die or simply want to take a break, if you alt+F4 while dead, you will be rewarded with two deaths.

One before quitting the other one after rejoining.

What should happen:

only count the death on respawn.

I think it's just part of the game. I didn't see it in A16, and i still see it on the latest steam release.

• 3 weeks later...

BUG REPORT;

Game crashing while in vehicle; Vehicle vanishes [temporariliy]

Version: A17.4

Game mode, RWG SP

Did you wipe old saves? (No)

Did you start a new game? (No)

Did you validate your files? (No)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on

Bug Description:My game crashes a lot; whether because it's due to the game issues, or more likely my PC, is not the primary reason for bugreport. the issue arrises when, if I"m in a vehicle during a crash, I will return WITHOUT THE VEHICLE. it is essentially gone. I have had the vehicle TELEPORT ME to it, after a random innterval, once confirmed twice...unconfirmed. for a total of at least 3 seperate disapearances. contents of the vehicle are preserved upon "Respawning"

But now i have two vehicles "missing" and I'm upset that at least one of them is likely irretrievable. it was of course full of LOOT.

Reproduce steps:[do i really have to list this? it seems like you guys don't want feedback. sigh. fine.] Drive a vehicle until your game crashes. then keep playing and see if it respawns. have fun?

Because there are no error codes because the game was forced to close....and the error is based on respawn, I seriously doubt there will be any game relevant code for you guys to mull over. [also i'd already ragequite like Alt+F4 ragequit]

Let me know if there's more info that i CAN give. if...this is even read.

On a seperate note...is it just me or is the Wiki rediculously out of date?

KTHX BAI

Archived