A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

New update ? Nice start to the weekend,thanks Xyth.

Could you explain what is faction based targeting and how it affects the NPC?

Also ,and im pretty sure your aware but will point it out anyway since this might just be a new Alpha18 issue...but NPCs using melee have a very hard time targeting crawling zombies,infact i think its impossible for certain NPCs such as frankie the farmer to hit them at all.

Yeh I noticed them struggling to hit crawlers to lol. Haha Harley Quinn is hot haha I mean ummm cool lol....

But any way of reducing the amount that spawn lol around my base I have like 100 npcs lol I can stand still go for a 12 yr sleep come back and I still safe bahahahaha. Pretty cool But Yeh lol

Xyth,testing with weapon range of 1.2 seems too much as the NPC easily will connect with he player if for example player is attempting to knock a door down and NPC is also swinging at zombies through the door/wall.I was even at the NPCs 5 o'clock position and i still got hit a few times in testing...

Im going to play more with it on 1.1. Can a value of 1.05 work?

Yeh I noticed them struggling to hit crawlers to lol. Haha Harley Quinn is hot haha I mean ummm cool lol....

But any way of reducing the amount that spawn lol around my base I have like 100 npcs lol I can stand still go for a 12 yr sleep come back and I still safe bahahahaha. Pretty cool But Yeh lol

I just put the NPCs in the friendly animal spawner for testing. A18 might have changed the values in that spawner so you can either make your own spawngroup or lower the probability value on each NPC.

- - - Updated - - -

Xyth,testing with weapon range of 1.2 seems too much as the NPC easily will connect with he player if for example player is attempting to knock a door down and NPC is also swinging at zombies through the door/wall.I was even at the NPCs 5 o'clock position and i still got hit a few times in testing...

Im going to play more with it on 1.1. Can a value of 1.05 work?

Should work. You can also play with increasing or decreasing the length value in the Hand as well. That determines how far back from the target the NPC will stand.

I just put the NPCs in the friendly animal spawner for testing. A18 might have changed the values in that spawner so you can either make your own spawngroup or lower the probability value on each NPC.

- - - Updated - - -

Should work. You can also play with increasing or decreasing the length value in the Hand as well. That determines how far back from the target the NPC will stand.

Sweet! Well i played for a good 3 hours today with a setting of 1.1 and happy to report it seems to be the sweet spot.If NPC and Zombie are on a level ground,NPC can hit with 90% accuracy,seemingly 100% if facing the zombies head,which is the most important as zombie is only a threat when facing them.

I have two other questions...does Sphereii's scripts or your NPC mod introduce zombie health bar UI?Because i always have it showing and im not using god mode/CM or DM via console,no other mods either,and i dont think health bars should be showing though i could be wrong.NPCs included.

Also in terms of WHICH NPC spawns,is it totally random or are values given for each?Because iv not yet encountered "Ghost" NPC...Alot of mickey,farmer frankie,harley and occasionally nurse.Ghost ,not even once and hunter MAYBE once and so far iv stumbled upon about 15-20 different NPC spawns.

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

Sweet! Well i played for a good 3 hours today with a setting of 1.1 and happy to report it seems to be the sweet spot.If NPC and Zombie are on a level ground,NPC can hit with 90% accuracy,seemingly 100% if facing the zombies head,which is the most important as zombie is only a threat when facing them.

I have two other questions...does Sphereii's scripts or your NPC mod introduce zombie health bar UI?Because i always have it showing and im not using god mode/CM or DM via console,no other mods either,and i dont think health bars should be showing though i could be wrong.NPCs included.

Also in terms of WHICH NPC spawns,is it totally random or are values given for each?Because iv not yet encountered "Ghost" NPC...Alot of mickey,farmer frankie,harley and occasionally nurse.Ghost ,not even once and hunter MAYBE once and so far iv stumbled upon about 15-20 different NPC spawns.

To turn off the enemy health bar, open up the SphereII Core modlet and in that blocks.xml change this to false: <property name="UnlockEnemyHealthBar" value="true" /> <!-- Unlocks the enemy health bar-->

The NPC spawn values are in the NPC mod entitiegroups.xml, and I dont think DarkStars entities were added as I totally forgot. You can add them and while there increase or decrease the values on each that control the chance of spawning.

Sadly, I think I have to give up on getting this mod to work. I've put dozens of hours into trying to get it to work. No matter what, nothing moves. SUPER bummed about it cause NPCs and Bandits are the #1 thing I want in the game, and this mod seems so well done. Not a antivirus issue, verified files, have most recent version of everything, posted logs, hell even reinstalled the whole game. Good luck and keep up the good work. Truly wish I could've experienced it.

Sadly, I think I have to give up on getting this mod to work. I've put dozens of hours into trying to get it to work. No matter what, nothing moves. SUPER bummed about it cause NPCs and Bandits are the #1 thing I want in the game, and this mod seems so well done. Not a antivirus issue, verified files, have most recent version of everything, posted logs, hell even reinstalled the whole game. Good luck and keep up the good work. Truly wish I could've experienced it.

Can you explain what you mean by "nothing moves"?

If its the NPCs themesleves u r referring to,its likely something in the AI task is broken or miswritten.Did you edit any .XML file within?

Other than that i can only think to check you have sphereii NPC dialogue and core scripts installed and up to date.

Version 1.71 pushed to repo, should sync to launcher soon.

Updated sphere of all hands to 1.1

added remaining NPCs to spawning group

decreased chance of spawning any NPC by 50%

Xyth iv updated to 1.71 and also updated sphererii NPC DIALOGUE TO 18.1.0.23 and NPCs have no dialogue window when you interact with them.

Are the two versions not compatible?

EDIT sorry for my stupidity...i forgot to actually launch them through the launcher at least once for them to compile.Iv been running from steam directly as its only way i can activate true full screen. All is working with dialogue as should be.THANKS FOR UPDATES Sphereii and Xyth.

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

Can you explain what you mean by "nothing moves"?

If its the NPCs themesleves u r referring to,its likely something in the AI task is broken or miswritten.Did you edit any .XML file within?

Other than that i can only think to check you have sphereii NPC dialogue and core scripts installed and up to date.

According to the log SteelBlood provided, the resources.assets file was corrupted. That, I believe, is causing the issue. I am not sure what to do to get it working, as the mod does not touch that file.

Some people have told me that once you validate your files, you should run the game at least once, before using it as a mod target, but that seems to be hit or miss on whether it helps or not.

Even after reinstalling the game, looking through the player log it said it could not read the resources.assests, its says it cannot open the file for read. However, that's only when I launch the game with the NPC, Bandit, and Sphereii mods. Whenever I launch without the mods, it all works fine. So to sum up, whenever I start the game with the SDX mod files, my game cannot open resources.assests.

Your last log post showed that for some reason your trying to load the modlets twice, and it throwing errors. I saw that once before and will look for the cause shortly.

Ok here it is: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?133811-Could-this-be-modded/page2

It sounds like this should lead you to a solution if your still interested. Let me know if you need help.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Even after reinstalling the game, looking through the player log it said it could not read the resources.assests, its says it cannot open the file for read. However, that's only when I launch the game with the NPC, Bandit, and Sphereii mods. Whenever I launch without the mods, it all works fine. So to sum up, whenever I start the game with the SDX mod files, my game cannot open resources.assests.

I had that error with another mod. I simply went into the mods folder and rmb clicked each modlet went to properties then removed the read only and haven't had an issue since.

Actually come to think of it I did have double up mods folders so the one in the desktop which DMT looked for then one in the game folder as well. I believe you need the mods folder in the game folder but not the mods correct as dmt then writes the mods to the game folder mods folder yes or.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Xyth i really like that bandit boss NPC,and his dialogue..not the guy with the chainsaw,tho he is cool too,i like the gears of war esque fella.

Is there a way i can tweak the xml to allow him to be recruitable as a follower easily?i realise he is part of the bandit NPC mod.

Also noticed you removed player contact with NPC,does this work both ways?ie no more damage from NPC to player?Didnt have time to test

I am liking the mods. I did not get dialogue on the experimental branch, but i had no dukes on me and it was the experimental branch. I suspect that Harley Quinn does not have time for broke people.

So i reverted back to normal and started a new game, and so far some of the other mods are working well. I encountered a wandering drug dealer and his dialogue is working well. I have not encountered a wandering npc yet but if there are issues i will let you know.

will there be new npcs added? I like the idea of making human versions of the zombies in game. If requests are being taken i would like to see a human version of the screamer who is also a sniper....

will there be new npcs added? I like the idea of making human versions of the zombies in game. If requests are being taken i would like to see a human version of the screamer who is also a sniper....

Probably. Screamer sniper would be fun for sure. It takes time to make an NPC that animates correctly, especially if you take the care to have them put away their weapon before talking and make lots of different idle and attack animations. Bandit, NPCs and the Wandering traders are mostly the same, with only xml differing. The NPCs are the ones that get extra animations since of the level of player interaction justifys the extra work. Long term we hope to have NPCs that actual farm, cook etc rather than just act as guards.

Thank you so much for your help so far. I read through the post you linked, and followed it. While it did get rid of the resources.assets issue, nothing except vultures seems to move still. I verified game, started new game, and here is the new Player log: https://github.com/SteelBlood2/7-Days-SDX-Issue/blob/master/player%20log

It appears you are looking for the Mods.dll in the vanilla game folder rather than the location of the dmt patched version of the gaming. I generally make a clean copy of the vanilla game folder and paste that somewhere then point DMT to that copy of the game. try that.

- - - Updated - - -

this might sound dumb but is there a video tutorial on how to install this mod using mod launcher

No, but perhaps I should make one.

It is quite easy to use dmt, moreso than i recall sdx being. I make a copy of 7dtd and then another folder called alpha18dmtmods and put them both in my c games folder. Once you decide on which mods you want to run you just plop em all in your new folder you made called alpha18dmtmods and run dmt. Once dmt is up and running you just plug your 2 paths for your second game install and your dmt mods folder and build. Done. Dont have to fiddle with the mods folder in the game directory or anything unless you want to edit something in the xml of one of the mods youve put in. Just run it from the game directory of your second install.

Well I made a copy of the game, tried Xyth's and Darkstardragon's suggestions, and still no movement. Although now instead of only everything not moving, all zombies I spawn seem to have broken legs and are lying on the ground now. Please do make an installation video, not just of the mod manager but DMT as well. I've gotten more than 1 migraine trying to get all this working. I make mods for multiple other games, and for 7DTD I've learned to create recipes, edit what zombies spawn and how many, and some other things. My point being while im nowhere near as experienced as Xyth or Sphereii, but I do have a fair bit of experience with these kind of things, and this has just been a nightmare for me.

Edit: If you do make a tutorial, might want to also add in steps for things like if someone were using other mods as well, like the firearms modlet for example.

Edited by SteelBlood (see edit history)

Well I made a copy of the game, tried Xyth's and Darkstardragon's suggestions, and still no movement. Although now instead of only everything not moving, all zombies I spawn seem to have broken legs and are lying on the ground now. Please do make an installation video, not just of the mod manager but DMT as well. I've gotten more than 1 migraine trying to get all this working. I make mods for multiple other games, and for 7DTD I've learned to create recipes, edit what zombies spawn and how many, and some other things. My point being while im nowhere near as experienced as Xyth or Sphereii, but I do have a fair bit of experience with these kind of things, and this has just been a nightmare for me.

Edit: If you do make a tutorial, might want to also add in steps for things like if someone were using other mods as well, like the firearms modlet for example.

Ummm do you have ALL the requirements for the npcs as stated in O.P. there are dependencies for this mod that requires other mods by sphereii to work