A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Probably. Screamer sniper would be fun for sure. It takes time to make an NPC that animates correctly, especially if you take the care to have them put away their weapon before talking and make lots of different idle and attack animations. Bandit, NPCs and the Wandering traders are mostly the same, with only xml differing. The NPCs are the ones that get extra animations since of the level of player interaction justifys the extra work. Long term we hope to have NPCs that actual farm, cook etc rather than just act as guards.

That is quite amazing. I look forward to having npcs in the game, and i think that would be one hell of an end game mechanic to look forward to: keeping your hand build village alive. I have been playing this game since alpha 13(?), when it first came on steam. I really enjoyed playing it then after 2 weeks straight when i was fortifying the cell tower poi in navesgane i suddenly asked myself "what's the point" and quit for a bit. the modding scene was not that well developed back then, and I never had a reaction to a game like that before. The end game is just that bad. So you survived for a long time? great, that's it.

So having a new end game goal of keeping npcs alive sounds like fun, a lot of fun.

Yes I do stallionsden.

Honestly, it sounds like you have some brutal install problems. If this happened to me i would uninstall 7dtd and go into the steam/steamapps/common and make sure any residual 7dtd files were deleted as well. Then i would do a fresh stable install, but thats just me. Any sort of residual mod crud in there could interfere with further modding of any sort.

Honestly, it sounds like you have some brutal install problems. If this happened to me i would uninstall 7dtd and go into the steam/steamapps/common and make sure any residual 7dtd files were deleted as well. Then i would do a fresh stable install, but thats just me. Any sort of residual mod crud in there could interfere with further modding of any sort.

Correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't verifying the game cache clear out the junk files? I know that fixes a lot of modding issues with various games.

Correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't verifying the game cache clear out the junk files? I know that fixes a lot of modding issues with various games.

No it doesn't clear everything. We talking saves worlds character profile etc. You can also use the 7dtd launcher click on tools and clear everything (the bottom button) then select all boxes also

Xyth how do i disable harley quinn dialogue? Its a lil loud and plays far too often,i think you probably intended her to be annoying rite?lol

That was the intent. Actually Harley was the entity I used to learn some of the advanced possibilities of the mecanim controller that animates her. I need to revisit her at some point and add the even newer techniques to smooth out her motion. I will turn down her volume when I do that.

You can go into entities.xml in the NPC modlet and replace her sounds with the female player sounds. Look at the nurse for example. You can just copy paste the nurse sounds over the Harley sound lines.

That was the intent. Actually Harley was the entity I used to learn some of the advanced possibilities of the mecanim controller that animates her. I need to revisit her at some point and add the even newer techniques to smooth out her motion. I will turn down her volume when I do that.

You can go into entities.xml in the NPC modlet and replace her sounds with the female player sounds. Look at the nurse for example. You can just copy paste the nurse sounds over the Harley sound lines.

Oh i see.Well thanks for that,i like Harley NPC so i will swap the nurse info for hers. Thanks again

Xyth i was looking through the item.xml file. I was tweaking some stuff and i noticed pest NPC isnt located here.Is that supposed to be that way?

Is his hand item machete able to be customised from another location?

DarkStar setup Pest to use this hand: <property name="HandItem" value="handChefKnife"/> which is in the items.xml file and used by the Baker. Uou could copy this hand and give it a new name then edit those properties. Make sure you then change the property (hand) above to reference the new hand name you created.

- - - Updated - - -

Somtimes npc died but their health is high level.Why?┭┮﹏┭┮

We noticed this happening rarely and are still debugging it. I thought it was bleeding out but that "should" be patched.

DarkStar setup Pest to use this hand: <property name="HandItem" value="handChefKnife"/> which is in the items.xml file and used by the Baker. Uou could copy this hand and give it a new name then edit those properties. Make sure you then change the property (hand) above to reference the new hand name you created.

- - - Updated - - -

We noticed this happening rarely and are still debugging it. I thought it was bleeding out but that "should" be patched.

Awesome thanks Xyth.

If its any relation i have spotted this happening once when player hit hired NPC with a torch and the caught fire damage from 800HP and lost all HP in a matter of seconds.Was on version 1.5 though i believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Great work!NPC in 7D2D is really needed.:)

Indeed..i literally was on the fence about buying the game and this mod swayed me to close the deal.

Awesome thanks Xyth.

If its any relation i have spotted this happening once when player hit hired NPC with a torch and the caught fire damage from 800HP and lost all HP in a matter of seconds.Was on version 1.5 though i believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed..i literally was on the fence about buying the game and this mod swayed me to close the deal.

The bleeding and diseases are now prevented but fire will damage the NPCs just like it damages players. SphereII and I discussed changing Maslow tasks to support NPC healing rather than the passive healing and immunities way we do things now.

The bleeding and diseases are now prevented but fire will damage the NPCs just like it damages players. SphereII and I discussed changing Maslow tasks to support NPC healing rather than the passive healing and immunities way we do things now.

Awesome.

I don't suppose you know that the new Junk turret ingame is actively targeting and shooting the NPCs do ya? Wether actively following or not,patrolling ,waiting,all modes the NPCs are seen as hostile.

I dont suppose there would be a way to make it not target them would there?

Awesome.

I don't suppose you know that the new Junk turret ingame is actively targeting and shooting the NPCs do ya? Wether actively following or not,patrolling ,waiting,all modes the NPCs are seen as hostile.

I dont suppose there would be a way to make it not target them would there?

Strange, i tested this a few days ago and the npcs were only targeted if they werent hired. The turret shut off after i hired them.

- - - Updated - - -

go to click on the link to the github and it takes me to a 404 page not found

I tested the link after you posted this and works.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome thanks Xyth.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, i wouldnt still be playing or modding the game if there were no npcs.

Strange, i tested this a few days ago and the npcs were only targeted if they werent hired. The turret shut off after i hired them.

hmmmm is this on version 1.8? A few days ago was 1.7 rite?Thats the version im currently on sorry i should have stated that,but if it was a few days ago you tested it would have been 1.7 also?

I have had a few NPCS hired for a while(not spawned in via F6 or anything) and found a junk turret on a zed today,set up turret and it targeted them.I loaded a different game,spawned a few NPCs and hired them and had the same issue.

Tested with smg turrets and they are fine as long as set to target zombie only.

hmmmm is this on version 1.8? A few days ago was 1.7 rite?Thats the version im currently on sorry i should have stated that,but if it was a few days ago you tested it would have been 1.7 also?

I have had a few NPCS hired for a while(not spawned in via F6 or anything) and found a junk turret on a zed today,set up turret and it targeted them.I loaded a different game,spawned a few NPCs and hired them and had the same issue.

Tested with smg turrets and they are fine as long as set to target zombie only.

Try changing the junk turrets faction to whiteriver. if that doesnt work we will need to see what the junkturrets target by default

Xyth if its ok i have a little feedback after using NPCs after a few days now.

I think if its possible to tweak these settings,NPCs would be much better.

1.If possible,reduce the range at which the NPCs sense zombies,Reason being is that they A) they can totally break stealth..B)They tend to run into houses or try to before the player has even decided to enter that POI,essentially making the player the NPC that tags along lol.

2. Make the NPC non contactable with player ,as in allow player to phase rite through the NPC model.Reason being the NPC often traps player in a corner,or pushes player into a trap/zombie(especially when combined with behaviour stated above)..Worse when having more than one follower at a time.

3.Disable any and all trap damage NPC can recieve.NPCs dont path around traps and often destroy player made spikes etc,run through POIs filled with barbed wire to get zombies and ignore traps,often killing them.

4.Make the wait command actually disable their movement or add a new type of wait command allowing this(this could help with the junk turret friendly fire issue if you cant fix that,as player could tell NPC to wait and set up turret outside of view of NPC)

I understand these tweaks may not be even possible but if your thinking of ways to improve the mod these QOL additions may be good.

Also the property-sphere reeach i suggested before . I spent alot of time with 1.1/1.2/1.3 and actually think 1.3 is the best.1.1 and 1.2 are not consistent after further testing but 1.3 is for sure.Of course NPCs will kill zombies through walls at that setting so just wanna point that out.

What error are you getting?

Hooking console commands

Running CreateModDll

Compiling Mods.dll...

Built in 3991ms

d:\7.Days.to.Die.Alpha.18\mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts\Quests\QuestActionPlaySound.cs(18,13): error CS1501: No overload for 'PlayOneShot' method takes arguments 2

d:\7.Days.to.Die.Alpha.18\mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts\MinEvents\MinEventActionCreateItemSDX.cs(18,215): error CS1061: 'EntityPlayerLocal' does not contain a definition for 'HighestPartyGameStage' and no extension method 'HighestPartyGameStage' that accepts a first argument of type 'EntityPlayerLocal' was found (is a using directive or an assembly reference missing? )

Failed to compile Mods.dll

Build failed

process exited with error code -1

• xyth locked this topic