A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

it should not make a difference what you choose.

Great, thanks! That means I don't have to download A18 Stable.

I'm going to try this one and the Bandits mod together (since they're based on the same NPC code, from what I gather). This should be great, a giant leap towards what I wanted to mod in myself (if I wasn't so lazy).

EDIT: Am I missing something? There is no "DMT section" in the mod launcher. I'm adding the GitHub links instead, we'll see how it goes.

EDIT 2: OK, I figured it out. If you want to use a different copy of the game for the mods, use "Add new My Mods" (using whatever name) in the launcher, then use the "Manage Modlets" button once it's installed.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

Well, now that I have installed this and played with it a bit, I'm pretty sure I have found a bug. It is almost certainly due to a conflict between this modlet and the Wandering Traders modlet, which I also installed.

If you go up to one of the non-trader NPCs and hit the <E> button, it opens up a trader menu - the one that starts with "Can I see your inventory?" But, because these are not traders, the menu screen is bugged. There is no mouse cursor at all, and you have to leave by hitting the <ESC> button.

I only played for a couple hours, so the only one I know for certain acts this way, is the "chef" NPC (far left in the image in the first post). If you like I can continue testing to see if they all act this way, but I don't see why they wouldn't.

If you don't need me to test more, I'll probably just disable the Wandering Traders mod, since I'm far less interested in that one.

Well, now that I have installed this and played with it a bit, I'm pretty sure I have found a bug. It is almost certainly due to a conflict between this modlet and the Wandering Traders modlet, which I also installed.

That bug was fixed in NPC version 1.5 The current version is 1.55 What version are you loading?

I put the following in Mods folder in 7D2D directory:

0-SpherellCore

Spherell NPC Dialog Windows

xyth_NPCs

I use DMT to compile them- errors:

Running BackupFiles

Unhandled Exception: System.NotImplementedException: Instruction is not an i4 opcode

at DMT.Extensions.GetValueAsInt(Instruction i)

at DMT.Tasks.BackupFiles.GetVersionInfo()

at DMT.Tasks.BackupFiles.Patch(PatchData data)

at DMT.PatchData.Patch()

at DMTViewer.Program.Main(String[] args)

process exited with error code -532462766

Any idea on how i can fix this, i intend to find bugs and try to help out with this mod.

Concept is awsome.

Note: using alpha 18

I put the following in Mods folder in 7D2D directory:

0-SpherellCore

Spherell NPC Dialog Windows

xyth_NPCs

I use DMT to compile them- errors:

Running BackupFiles

Unhandled Exception: System.NotImplementedException: Instruction is not an i4 opcode

at DMT.Extensions.GetValueAsInt(Instruction i)

at DMT.Tasks.BackupFiles.GetVersionInfo()

at DMT.Tasks.BackupFiles.Patch(PatchData data)

at DMT.PatchData.Patch()

at DMTViewer.Program.Main(String[] args)

process exited with error code -532462766

Any idea on how i can fix this, i intend to find bugs and try to help out with this mod.

Concept is awsome.

Note: using alpha 18

Are you using DMT version 1.5 ( or higher?)?

I went to this website:

https://7d2dmods.github.io/HarmonyDocs/index.htm?Scripts.html

Click "DMT Latest Release"

Downloaded file "DMTv1.0.zip"

I'm thinking i dont have the latest?

Where else can i find the latest?

EDIT: Located DMTv1.4

FROM: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?117235-DMT-Modding-Tool

DOUBLE EDIT: launched DMTv.14 -> shown me that there was an update (1.5)

Will test now.

TRIPLE EDIT: updated to DMTv1.5 -> shown mods folder + directory -> Compiled successfully

: launched game and creating new world -> no errors.

Happy hunting for me. Thank you.

Ill report back any errors/problems/bugs

Note: playing coop with another 1 person. who also ran through these steps with me.

Edited by zombieman322
EDIT (see edit history)

1st none game breaking bug:

In my window (im the host) some zombies will be crawling and some will be walking

In coop buddy's window (also installed client side) sees my crawling zombies as walking zombies //visa versa

That's normal on multiplayer. Some things in this game are calculated client side and not synced with the server.

That bug was fixed in NPC version 1.5 The current version is 1.55 What version are you loading?

Whatever the Mod Launcher loaded. I opened the "Manage Modlets" window, and clicked the "Installed Modlets" radio button. It says the version of Xyth NPCs is version 1.21.

How should I get the mod launcher to use the latest version?

EDIT: I right-clicked on the modlet and selected "Update". But now the modlet isn't even showing up in the list of installed modlets. Downloading it again does not seem to help.

I guess this is some kind of bug with the mod launcher? Should I say something in its forum thread instead?

EDIT 2: Well, going directly to the mod folder, it does seem like it's installed. From the mod.xml file the version is 1.55. So I guess it did update, even if it says otherwise in the mod manager window.

I'll try again and let you know how it goes.

Hi mod author i really like this mod,infact i bought 7 days specifically for this mod,i spent all day yesterday learning what is DMT/SphereII,and how to compile this mod with those scripts,Via DMT and did follow the instructions but i cannot see NPCs in game.

I use F6 to bring up menu for spawn entities, and i see "Baker" Harley quinn" etc ...your NPCs i believe. when i try spawn them,it gives error in debug about them not being an entity or something,and i have flown around map and cant see them either for a long time.Im guessing i did something wrong,any way you could help me sort this?

Thanks

The launcher isnt showing the correct version located in my repo for some reason. We are looking into it now. With 1.55 loaded are you still getting errors?

I didn't get a chance to play yesterday. I'm going to start again tonight, I'll let you know.

In the meantime - I took a screenshot of the mod launcher, and the folder where the mods are actually installed. You should be able to see the discrepancy.

Let me know if this should go in the mod launcher thread instead.

EDIT: The board does not seem to like large image attachments... I tried uploading again, I think this is the best I can do.

modlauncher.thumb.jpg.6ee9ac6b2d0faca72fb4665a87240b37.jpg

This mod needs three modlets all loaded and compiled by dmt or the mod launcher. The Sphereii core, the NPC dialog window, and the NPC modlet. If those 3 are loaded in the mod launcher it should work as expected. If not, please post a copy of your log file so we can help you debug your install.

This mod needs three modlets all loaded and compiled by dmt or the mod launcher. The Sphereii core, the NPC dialog window, and the NPC modlet. If those 3 are loaded in the mod launcher it should work as expected. If not, please post a copy of your log file so we can help you debug your install.

Thanks for the reply. I compiled the NPC mod and two sphere required mods through DMT,it succesfully compiled via the information on the right hand side of the screen,i then hit the "play" button up top.... but i didnt try the launcher way of installing it because NPC mod i cannot find in the launcher,your description says its in the DMT section of the launcher,sorry if im blind but where is that?

I also tried to add the mod to the mod launcher but i dont see any options for that nor can i find any tutorials.

i will also try to reinstall DMT and get log for you but can you guide through the mod launcher option?

Sorry if this sounds basic but i have spent a whole day online looking for answers.

I did install all of those, it's just that after I updated them, they disappeared from the Mod Downloader screen. But, they're still in the Mods folders.

From the launch log in the Mod Launcher UI, it does look like the Mod Launcher is at least attempting to compile and link them. Having said that, when I started a new game, there was not a single NPC to be found, and I played for a couple hours.

I just played again for a few minutes - and pre-synced the mods first. Still no NPCs, but that might just be the luck of the draw. I uploaded the logs and they look OK to me, but maybe you'll see something I don't.

https://pastebin.com/9GPzQsSN

EDIT: Also, despite being in the folder and showing up in the logs, the only two modlets showing up in the Mod Downloader window are the Core and NPC Dialog Windows modlets (Bandits, NPCs, and Wandering Traders are all missing, exactly like the last screenshot I posted).

So I compiled using DMT 1.5, latest version. I compiled Xyth Npc, bandit, Spherii core, NPC dialog windows, and it built successfully. However I start a new game, and the AI is completely broke. Zombies, animals, and NPCs will not move. Zombies will still attack if you get close enough, and NPCs will talk and can be hired, but nothing moves. On alpha 18.1. I also notice there are new Xyth NPC and Xyth Bandits folders in the Mod folder after building. I tried both with and without the old folders, same problem both times.

Edited by SteelBlood (see edit history)

I did install all of those, it's just that after I updated them, they disappeared from the Mod Downloader screen. But, they're still in the Mods folders.

EDIT: Also, despite being in the folder and showing up in the logs, the only two modlets showing up in the Mod Downloader window are the Core and NPC Dialog Windows modlets (Bandits, NPCs, and Wandering Traders are all missing, exactly like the last screenshot I posted).

Me too ,i also cannot see the NPC mod even though the folder is in my mods folder,even after downloading NPCs mod directly from launcher

Thanks for that,i opened launcher after downloading your 1.6 from github,and also the new updated Sphere...

Launcher shows all good,sphere core and NPC dialougue along with your NPC mods are there and enabled. I jumped into game to test,but i hitting F6 in debug mode doesnt show your NPCs so i cant spawn them to check for sure,and in previous version they were showing if i recall.

Any other way to spawn them to test they are there and all is working?

If they dont show in F6 then they didnt load correctly. What does the log say? I used the launcher to load the files and everything worked as expected

you are correct my log does show an issue and when loading launcher i get an error about an xml file.

I for some reason input something wrong when first learning the launcher. my log reads :

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Is Network deployed? False

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.5.18732

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain -

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/14/2019 7:44:06 AM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: h:\steam3\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading h:/steam3\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote Server: C:\Users\pc\Desktop\Xyth_NPCs\mod.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote Server: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?116102-NPCs-DMT-Mod

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error: XML File could not be parsed.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - System.Xml.XmlException: For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.ReadXML(String strXMLFilePath) in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 685

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Done reading remote server list.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Logo: System.Drawing.Bitmap

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Is Network deployed? False

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.5.18732

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain -

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/14/2019 7:46:51 AM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: h:\steam3\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading h:/steam3\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote Server: C:\Users\pc\Desktop\Xyth_NPCs\mod.xml

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote Server: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?116102-NPCs-DMT-Mod

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error: XML File could not be parsed.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - System.Xml.XmlException: For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.ReadXML(String strXMLFilePath) in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 685

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Done reading remote server list.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

the thing is i have uninstalled the launcher three times and did a reinstall and i still get the error when loading.

I dont know how to fix it

• xyth locked this topic