A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

When and did a clear-out (re-validate) of the files back to vanilla, through Steam. First boot, created a new game, worked like a charm. After i did the SDX compilation, made the same new game, the error came up so it's related directly to the SDX mod situation.

My guess is: There may be some updated files, that aren't on page 1, that you may have written in. I remember you've sent me links that weren't always on page 1 in the past that were updates.

Do you keep all of your latest, up-to-date stuff, in the same directory? Some of those directories, from page 1, were posting in as a couple of months old.

All the links are always the most updated. I don't have any mod that touches the network layers. Do you have a full log file?

All the links are always the most updated. I don't have any mod that touches the network layers. Do you have a full log file?

No, it doesn't get far enough to start a log. The freeze happens almost immediately after i hit the "start" key for the new game. I do understand what you're saying. I also understand that, with a clean 7 days to die, it runs fine. When i compile the mod, it happens so there is something there.

Would this help?

I did have a log, from the 8th, and it had the similar message i saw....Forgot it was in my wastebin.

https://pastebin.com/cvS3U5nX

I can't say, for sure, if it was after the compile but it does have the same error and i've not had the same error since i sent set back to default with steam. See if that tells you anything...

No, it doesn't get far enough to start a log. The freeze happens almost immediately after i hit the "start" key for the new game. I do understand what you're saying. I also understand that, with a clean 7 days to die, it runs fine. When i compile the mod, it happens so there is something there.

Would this help?

I did have a log, from the 8th, and it had the similar message i saw....Forgot it was in my wastebin.

https://pastebin.com/cvS3U5nX

I can't say, for sure, if it was after the compile but it does have the same error and i've not had the same error since i sent set back to default with steam. See if that tells you anything...

Your log file indicates Alpha 17.2 was used. These mods would only work on 17.4

Your log file indicates Alpha 17.2 was used. These mods would only work on 17.4

Okay, i uninstalled, and reinstalled it and it runs into the same problem...i don't get it...it's 17.4 (well, it says 17.4 and i selected 17.4) maybe Steam is having problems recognizing numbers :p

I gave you an old log but all i can guess was that Steam rolled back, from 17.4 to 17.2, but it was on 17.4 the whole time and you needed a log and it was the only one i could find.

Edited by Kilroy5150 (see edit history)

Okay, i uninstalled, and reinstalled it and it runs into the same problem...i don't get it...it's 17.4 (well, it says 17.4 and i selected 17.4) maybe Steam is having problems recognizing numbers :p

I gave you an old log but all i can guess was that Steam rolled back, from 17.4 to 17.2, but it was on 17.4 the whole time and you needed a log and it was the only one i could find.

Holy crap, i was RIGHT....I'm choosing 17.4, reinstalled it FOUR times, and it ends up being 17.2.......Steam is screwed up!!!!

You were right, i had to delete (from several locations) but Steam was saying 17.4 (on the list) and i couldn't see the 17.2 until the loading screen. I was just ignoring it because i didn't think Steam could get THAT messed up.

LOL :p

Holy crap, i was RIGHT....I'm choosing 17.4, reinstalled it FOUR times, and it ends up being 17.2.......Steam is screwed up!!!!

You were right, i had to delete (from several locations) but Steam was saying 17.4 (on the list) and i couldn't see the 17.2 until the loading screen. I was just ignoring it because i didn't think Steam could get THAT messed up.

LOL :p

Sorry for the trouble, but glad you got it figured out!

Sorry for the trouble, but glad you got it figured out!

Oh dude, no apologies necessary, you've been great. I'm the idiot for not noticing it.

Do you know who made this HUD and if it can be replicated for 17.4? I've been asking around and some have just thrown up hints. Since you and Xyth have been around i had hoped you might have seen it.

Here are some pics of the classic HUD.

https://ibb.co/7nxR4ww

https://ibb.co/JdnML12

https://ibb.co/DK8tywN

https://ibb.co/NF0FGHM

https://ibb.co/J5FzZ6v

Oh dude, no apologies necessary, you've been great. I'm the idiot for not noticing it.

Do you know who made this HUD and if it can be replicated for 17.4? I've been asking around and some have just thrown up hints. Since you and Xyth have been around i had hoped you might have seen it.

Here are some pics of the classic HUD.

https://ibb.co/7nxR4ww

https://ibb.co/JdnML12

https://ibb.co/DK8tywN

https://ibb.co/NF0FGHM

https://ibb.co/J5FzZ6v

Here's the mod that contained it:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40556-CLASSIC-Style-HARDCORE

It's a combination of XML + wizarding of the resources.assets, and highly custom.

Here's the mod that contained it:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40556-CLASSIC-Style-HARDCORE

It's a combination of XML + wizarding of the resources.assets, and highly custom.

It's too bad there's no download link to actually play it. I went through 2 pages looking for a download. All the links go from English to Russian and the attachment links go to dead ends...figures :(

It's too bad there's no download link to actually play it. I went through 2 pages looking for a download. All the links go from English to Russian and the attachment links go to dead ends...figures :(

The first post says:

unavailable for a17

The mod will not be released for A17. Work is under way to add potential content to the A18.

You would have to roll back to A16, even if you had access to the mod files. It wouldn't be an easy replication to A17, otherwise he likely would have done it :)

The first post says:

Sure, but i wanted (at least) an earlier version to test with it's matching 7DtD just to see what it really plays like. I don't always go and get the most current version, i like to see how any version played first. I couldn't find a good link for the A16 version (but i didn't run through the whole thing, just the first 2 pages). I did, however, find a link for the A16 version on an alternate mod site.

- - - Updated - - -

You would have to roll back to A16, even if you had access to the mod files. It wouldn't be an easy replication to A17, otherwise he likely would have done it :)

That was my whole point. I've got a room full of PCs that can play 7D2D and i often test older stuff to see what i'm missing. But what is this really saying when they say this? That A18 is going to be so totally different than A17 that it's going to be easier to code or they're just waiting around to see what they've got to work with before they decide (finally) if they will or won't do it?

When you hear/read "waiting for version A18" it sorta makes you think they're going to use a completely different engine because the term, it's self, seems to indicate A18 will be so very different. You even mentioned something about it being so hard to do on A17.....why is A18 going to be so fundamentally different? Not trying to be difficult but now you've got my attention with that reply of A17 being difficult....what's A18 going to be like? I have to admit that i don't read the company's notes too often because it's a mostly talking about the same things just with a different twist.

Are we getting a new engine for the game?

I like 7D2D.....but without guys like Xyth and Sphereii to put in AIs it gets boring really fast because most everyone knows what's on the original map even though they do drop a new something in every now and then.

I like variety and Xyth & Sphereii are giving it more of that for certain.

In point of fact they're probably the "main" reason i stay with this game. It wouldn't surprise me if their code ends up being (eventually) incorporated in a later version down the line. This game has been "in development" since the day it began.

And that's been this game's gift and curse. It keeps people hanging on because i don't think it will EVER completely be out of development (lol). But, at the same time, i've seen a lot of people leave because it doesn't change fast enough for their taste.

It's a strange game the owners playing with 7D2D and i get a lot of gamers in my store that have out and out dismissed the game because they play it, survive for x amount of days and end up saying that it eventually just gets too boring for them.

I own most every zombie survival game there is, because i like the scenario, and if they all got together they could create an insanely cool game. I play XB1 platform as well as PC (not wasting time on a Switch or PS4 for maybe 1 different title) to get the best experience out of it all. I even play some in VR.

I've been, over the years, in a lot of forums and 7D2D's people have been way better about explaining things to new people than most any other forums i've seen. A lot of forums have that "screw you noobie" elitist mentality and i've seen guys get killed from a forum for asking a question, glad that's not the mentality here.

Sure, but i wanted (at least) an earlier version to test with it's matching 7DtD just to see what it really plays like. I don't always go and get the most current version, i like to see how any version played first. I couldn't find a good link for the A16 version (but i didn't run through the whole thing, just the first 2 pages). I did, however, find a link for the A16 version on an alternate mod site.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my whole point. I've got a room full of PCs that can play 7D2D and i often test older stuff to see what i'm missing. But what is this really saying when they say this? That A18 is going to be so totally different than A17 that it's going to be easier to code or they're just waiting around to see what they've got to work with before they decide (finally) if they will or won't do it?

When you hear "waiting for version A18" it sorta makes you think they're going to use a completely different engine because the term, it's self, seems to indicate A18 will be so very different. You even mentioned something about it being so hard to do on A17.....why is A18 going to be so fundamentally different? Not trying to be difficult but now you've got my attention with that reply of A17 being difficult....what's A18 going to be like?

Are we getting a new engine for the game?

I repair PCs for a living so i've got options to play earlier versions on a completely different rig.

I own most every zombie survival game there is, because i like the scenario, and if they all got together they could create an insanely cool game. I play XB1 platform as well as PC (not wasting time on a Switch or PS4 for maybe 1 different title) to get the best experience out of it all. I even play some in VR.

A18 is not expected to be that different. Time constraints and the nature of some of the mods make modders skip a version, especially if the end of the current alpha is approaching. n2n1 does a lot of changes to edit the resources.assets file, which is slow, time consuming and a fickle process. With so many edits to a file that changes every single release, including point releases, it doesn't make sense to even start doing them until the alpha stabilizes. The same effort will have to be done for A18.

We did point you to the mod and author, and if you wanted a copy, I suggest reaching out to n2n1 directly and asking for a copy.

The Mod Launcher supports git and very few alternatives. One of the reasons is that the links don't expire, and don't need to be replaced. This allows people to enjoy older versions of the mods. Some modders have not moved over to the new hosting sites, and their links have expired.

We did point you to the mod and author, and if you wanted a copy, I suggest reaching out to n2n1 directly and asking for a copy.

Ouch, did that once with another author and he freaked out on me for sending a private email and that caught me by surprise, the guy claimed it was "against the rules" to send private emails.....why are they there then? lol

Kinda gun-shy since that moment so i'll just try the other options you mentioned.

Ouch, did that once with another author and he freaked out on me for sending a private email and that caught me by surprise, the guy claimed it was "against the rules" to send private emails.....why are they there then? lol

Kinda gun-shy since that moment so i'll just try the other options you mentioned.

I am sorry you had that bad experience. I don't think its a common thing, but that may just be from my personal experience and perception.

I am sorry you had that bad experience. I don't think its a common thing, but that may just be from my personal experience and perception.

You and Xyth seems to be chill with most things i've noticed but there are a few authors that tend to get very strange and territorial over some things.

Still, thanks for the advice.

Thank you, amazing work.

And theyre not done yet! Sphere just updated the dmt repo for the dependencies and now ranged npcs shoot first and ask questions later, also the blooms animals dont piggyback anymore! yay!

you can use these changes with dmt, not the sdx repo posted here, sphere has a separate repo but ill let him post about that

And theyre not done yet! Sphere just updated the dmt repo for the dependencies and now ranged npcs shoot first and ask questions later, also the blooms animals dont piggyback anymore! yay!

you can use these changes with dmt, not the sdx repo posted here, sphere has a separate repo but ill let him post about that

I have been running a game, with NPCs involved but the most of what i see are the NPCs who a trying to kill you. And yes, it seems the NPCs (in the video) are quite a bit more personable and you can interact with. I was talking with Fox and mentioned that Xyth & Sphereii had a real handle on the NPCs and, in my opinion, had superior code. Fox doesn't tend to elaborate, too much, on things i've noticed lol.

Sphereii, if you're reading, i got ahold of N2N1 and he said he didn't do HUDs (alone) but wanted to do more of a total experience and it seems as if everyone is waiting for A18 to drop their "mega bomb" updates to all their old mods.

However, i did find "the" HUD that seemed to be what i was looking for.

https://i.ibb.co/Yjy3Mf6/2015-06-05-00015-600x338.jpg

I would like to ask: Is it against forum rules to make a request to "pay" someone to remake something like the above HUD in an open post under requests? I don't remember any mention of it but you guys have been around so long, i figure if anyone knows it's you. Honestly i would pay someone, then make it public, for everyone to use because, if i was going to buy it i would buy the rights to distribution outright.

And, i'm asking here to avoid asking in a larger public area due to the unnecessary amount of backlash i could end up getting from people who would neither be involved nor care but had to react for the sake of reacting.

That reminds me of Fallout 1 and 2 color scheme but higher quality textures. I want it !

Right? And this is their OLD interface....I mean how do you go from awesome to boring? In so many words, somebody didn't listen to the fans. But i talked with someone, i can't say who, that told me that the "older" staff never really listened to players all that well.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to help test this mod but I could just not get it to work. Installation was extremely complicated (I create mods for other games such as Skyrim or Total War Warhammer 2 so im used to the technical aspects of getting mods to work). I tried the 7d2d launcher but there was no sdx option if that was the launcher you were referring to in your post. I also tried using the SDX launcher but got a Microsoft NET error and couldn't build anything (I have NET 4.7). Also, since all the mods and dependencies on GitHub are in different places, the only options to download them is to download everything. For example to download the NPC file you also have to download the wandering trader and bandit files. Same problem with the pages for the dependencies which is a lot longer.

This mod looks like the last thing I need to perfect my 7D2D game so I would love to get it working and dont mind the occasional bug which I would be happy to report. Thanks for all your hard work modding!

Edited by SteelBlood (see edit history)

I'd love to help test this mod but I could just not get it to work. Installation was extremely complicated (I create mods for other games such as Skyrim or Total War Warhammer 2 so im used to the technical aspects of getting mods to work). I tried the 7d2d launcher but there was no sdx option if that was the launcher you were referring to in your post. I also tried using the SDX launcher but got a Microsoft NET error and couldn't build anything (I have NET 4.7). Also, since all the mods and dependencies on GitHub are in different places, the only options to download them is to download everything. For example to download the NPC file you also have to download the wandering trader and bandit files. Same problem with the pages for the dependencies which is a lot longer.

This mod looks like the last thing I need to perfect my 7D2D game so I would love to get it working and dont mind the occasional bug which I would be happy to report. Thanks for all your hard work modding!

Glad you are interested.

This is the tool: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?117235-DMT-Modding-Tool

and this is the main repos: https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/

You can include the files from Xyth's post for extra NPCs and features. Download the repos, and use DMT to point to it as a Mods folder.