Zombie loot bag persistency.

seagas

I don't get the purpose of the loot bags AT ALL. There for a bit, I would run outside after a couple bags dropped during horde night, grab em, run back in, repeat. Then I would look in my bag at the end of the night wondering what exactly I had picked up because it was mostly rubbish.

The bags are NO RISK/NO REWARD imo. Me and my wife actually miss going out to loot the bones after horde night.

Here's an idea: have them drop bones randomly, like a limb falls off kinda thing. I'd prolly go out to get the bones before they disappeared. In all game stages.

So, we put in the time and effort to build ourselves a nice little base with some turrets for protection and in return we get:

1- NO experience

2- NO loot

3- And our base ripped down in record time by wrecking balls disguised as zombies.

How about we just get honest and take building out of the game all together.

1. shoot them and you'll gain levels every horde night. It's your choice to not actively defend your base with guns/arrows/melee.

2. take a risk and get rewards :)

3. You must have a ♥♥♥♥ty base then, the second pathc of a17 I had a base design that works fool proof with no ramps :p dont use wood and expect it last. Dont stack them up in one spot :)

1. shoot them and you'll gain levels every horde night. It's your choice to not actively defend your base with guns/arrows/melee.

Go into the mine and gain levels every day :)

2. take a risk and get rewards :)

Funny. I always thought that hard work should be rewarded and not gambling.

3. You must have a ♥♥♥♥ty base then, the second pathc of a17 I had a base design that works fool proof with no ramps :p dont use wood and expect it last. Dont stack them up in one spot :)

The zombies stack themself up in one spot due their pathfinding. With the changes in the AI in 17.2 some zombies randomly bashes on the base which makes them very unpredictable and nothing is worse for a good base design than zombies that behaves unpredictable

Funny. I always thought that hard work should be rewarded and not gambling.

I disagree somewhat on this point.

The whole point of what makes a drop\loot system fun IS the randomness in the rewards.

But yes the bag loot is junk atm, and it's silly the bags depsawn so fast, and I assume this is more what you were getting at.

No, I actually agree about the persistence of loot!

What I didn't agree with is the character being able to safely run away.

Ah my bad.

Yes the char probably should have a harder time running away imo as well.

That is not risk/reward. It is just silly. There is no reason that loot despawns before the player can get to it. This is a rather dismissive response to what seems to be a rather justified request. Sure, TFP is under no requirement to take the suggestion to heart and implement it but I do think it is quite valid to state the loot bag that drops should be something that I can recover in a reasonable manner.

My point is that the loot bags currently are recoverable in a reasonable manner and I outlined exactly why. Being that we can run faster than the enemies you can go get the loot bags in easily under two minutes.

Sorry but that’s how I see it. I’m just speaking for myself on this one and am not dismissing anyone out of hand. You want to stay 100% safe? Fine. Nobody is forcing you to go get the loot. You want to get 100% of the loot? Fine. Nobody is forcing you to stay where it’s safe.

I happen to think the current status is fun. I hope the guy can change it with xml edits for himself but I don’t see anything that needs fixing in regards to the loot persistence.

My point is that the loot bags currently are recoverable in a reasonable manner and I outlined exactly why. Being that we can run faster than the enemies you can go get the loot bags in easily under two minutes.

Sorry but that’s how I see it. I’m just speaking for myself on this one and am not dismissing anyone out of hand. You want to stay 100% safe? Fine. Nobody is forcing you to go get the loot. You want to get 100% of the loot? Fine. Nobody is forcing you to stay where it’s safe.

I happen to think the current status is fun. I hope the guy can change it with xml edits for himself but I don’t see anything that needs fixing in regards to the loot persistence.

Exactly this. The default is 300 seconds. That's 5 minutes. Which is for freaking ever in game time.

If you can't be bothered to get out and hustle to the bag within that 5 minutes, that's your problem. It's not a game problem.

And as stated earlier, "if you don't like it, mod it". It's stupid easy to mod xml data. It's even easier to load up a modlet someone else already made for it.

There is absolutely no reason the developer should change the despawn from 5 minutes just because players are lazy or scared.

There is absolutely no reason the developer should change the despawn from 5 minutes just because players are lazy or scared.

Lazy?

Scared?

Can't be bothered to get out?

Did you even read what I and others said about... oh never mind this thread just became not worth it.

Archived