[Prefab] The Walking Dead Prison

Laz Man

Looks nice, but the concrete floor is a bit to "clean", maybe its just the concrete texture itself looking like that. You could put some rubbish around, but that might only help a bit.

Maybe terrain textures like asphalt, gravel or even sand ?

Otherwise it looks nice :-)

Its dirtier up close but will add more grime...😎

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic Job Gents!

So is this updated to A17? A18?

My plan is to release before A18 drops. So A17 and then will do a compatibility release after A18 drops.

Since steam appears to be down, did this rough sketch (lol) of the utilty room where Laurie died in the prison. This helps me get some rough proportions on how much space I will need and what notable objects to add/create (workbench, pipes, electrical, etc.).

FJSrets.png

xWqFZD8.png

2hcwhFy.png

Just a quick update. Just relearned that because of distant terrain meshes (correct terminology?) it seems like large POIs will have visual issues from far away unless the prefab is placed somewhere with completely flat terrain. I have a workaround in mind but it's far from ideal.

Is there a way to alter/update the terrain and distance mesh of a pregenerated world (i.e. navesgane)? Any links are appreciated. Thanks.

Aren't you on my discord? Tons of cutting edge info there, maybe even someone who can help you with this; I'm not up to snuff on the latest prefabbing technology. :)

Yes I think so, havent opened it in ages. I may try tonight if I get some time away from my bloodmoon kids..😅

Just a quick update. Just relearned that because of distant terrain meshes (correct terminology?) it seems like large POIs will have visual issues from far away unless the prefab is placed somewhere with completely flat terrain. I have a workaround in mind but it's far from ideal.

Is there a way to alter/update the terrain and distance mesh of a pregenerated world (i.e. navesgane)? Any links are appreciated. Thanks.

What issues can be expected ? I did not see any problems yet. Do you have a link ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, release delayed due to a18 release. On the positive side I have been playing some A18 and getting a good sense for the loot balance of A18 vanilla POIs and will adjust accordingly for a more balanced customer experience. Thank you for your patience. 😁

Hello all, release delayed due to a18 release. On the positive side I have been playing some A18 and getting a good sense for the loot balance of A18 vanilla POIs and will adjust accordingly for a more balanced customer experience. Thank you for your patience.

Oh noes!

Take your time, i will reserve the spot, maybe putting another prefab there until you are ready :smile-new:

• 2 weeks later...
@laz I love you lol. I am obsessed with the walking dead and have loved this prefab for a long time. Any chance of making any other landmark prefab from the walking dead?

If I had the time to do another it would probably be woodbury....one building at a time tho...😅

After the prison I have something I want to make first tho. I think it will be a big hit....😂

Haha lol. I am sure it will. But we wants the precious we needs it haha. The walking dead set lol

- Prison

- Woodbury

- quarry

- the farm

- suburb rick lived in lol before zombie apocalypse for when they revisit.

- the hospital rick on coma

- Alexandria

- hill top

- the kingdom

- sanctuary lol

- any others I may have missed 🤣😂🤣😂

Haha lol. I am sure it will. But we wants the precious we needs it haha. The walking dead set lol

- Prison

- Woodbury

- quarry

- the farm

- suburb rick lived in lol before zombie apocalypse for when they revisit.

- the hospital rick on coma

- Alexandria

- hill top

- the kingdom

- sanctuary lol

- any others I may have missed 🤣😂🤣😂

Terminus, The old folks home in Atlanta, CDC...😂