[Prefab] The Walking Dead Prison

Laz Man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was doing some trial/error in the in game world editor to prep. my prison prefab for Navesgane and something unexpected happened.

jm5N6P4.png

When the prefab would spawn into the world, a huge chunk would be missing. Upon loading up the prefab in the ingame editor and pilles editor, there definitely was a huge chunk missing. The bad news is I don't think I have a backup after I started adding sleeper blocks/volumes.

At worst, I need to redo sleepers from scratch again. At best, I can reuse the still existing prefab XML file which contains all of the sleeper volume properties. I would just need to re-add the sleeper blocks again......

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, roppa99 said:

hi does the prison spawn in a new world save or do i need to put it in as a prefab

Hi Roppa,  the download link is just the prefab files for now.  You can drop the files into your 7d2d prefabs folder and load>playtest it within the prefab editor for a quick view.

On 2/14/2020 at 9:30 PM, Laz Man said:

Yes please!!! The ingame tool sucks and in the past i would have to do manual density value changes in pilles editor on rows of blocks (time consuming)!

Looks awesome Laz, really beautiful build :) and yep, i really need to get my head around that for my qbert groundwork too. soooo annoying. any tips will be greatly appreciated ;)

9 minutes ago, Quagmire1428 said:

Looks awesome Laz, really beautiful build :) and yep, i really need to get my head around that for my qbert groundwork too. soooo annoying. any tips will be greatly appreciated ;)

I'll see what I can dig up.  Pille came up with a mathematical equation on how to get smoother transitions (density values) between varying elevations of terrain blocks which you then can manually configure on each specific terrain block within Pilles editor.

8 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I'll see what I can dig up.  Pille came up with a mathematical equation on how to get smoother transitions (density values) between varying elevations of terrain blocks which you then can manually configure on each specific terrain block within Pilles editor.

ah so would this count as a mod? because i always try to keep everything as vanilla as poss as kind of my challenge to myself.

5 minutes ago, Quagmire1428 said:

ah so would this count as a mod? because i always try to keep everything as vanilla as poss as kind of my challenge to myself.

Pilles editor is a user made tool but doesnt require any one need to install a mod in order to use prefabs created/modified by it.

18 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Pilles editor is a user made tool but doesnt require any one need to install a mod in order to use prefabs created/modified by it.

ah, brilliant!! Thank you Laz, will defo look into that. Also, i really hope for the best case scenario that you didn't loose half of you build. been there before and it's so soul destroying.

1 minute ago, Quagmire1428 said:

ah, brilliant!! Thank you Laz, will defo look into that. Also, i really hope for the best case scenario that you didn't loose half of you build. been there before and it's so soul destroying.

Hopefully not, it has survived through many iterations over time. :)

Here is an old screenshot from many many alphas ago. :)

A71940BE3C48B2026DCFF9DF8689C96E65BC4E3D