Blood moon and toxic atmosphere

Hek Harris

I had mentioned this idea in an other topic, but I would like to have the opinion of other players on this point.

Above all, I suggest this idea because TFP will allow us to adjust the red moons (never, or different frequencies). So, players who don't want to face what I propose could avoid it.

I think it would be interesting if, at each red moon, the atmosphere becomes toxic. Players would begin to lose life - just like when entering an irradiated area.

Only the keystone would protect against this plague. Staying in the field of action of the keystone - and therefore close to our bases - would cancel this penalty.

With all the settings soon available, I imagine a party with a red moon every night and zombies attacking in small quantities, for example. And the impossibility to run away when things go wrong...

Of course, only the keystone active at 22:00 would be taken into account to avoid that some players (me for example, since I thought about it ...) run away posing keystones without stopping :D

What do you think ?

I have never left a base during horde night, I either survive or I don't. 99% of the time I survive but at the start of A17 I had my base collapse and I was encumbered. My bed was destroyed and I got spawn raped 8 times before typing in dm.

I think the whole concept of horde night needs some fine tuning before we add generic difficulty for reasons.

I love this game and have been pretty addicted to it for a long time but I am looking forward to the option to disable horde night because it kinda feels like a chore for me. If the ai turns out really cool I'd rethink that but as is I'm not really feeling it atm.

I'd just rather amp up wandering hordes to spawn whatever my rig can stand as I find those to be a lot more fun.

Interesting idea.... solves the issue of simply kiteing with the truck or bike due to being more restricted to a singular defended area. (or at least makes it more awkward.) im on board with this idea. give you a reason to make a good base and stick with it.

Sure, as long as it's optional.

I am kind of against them messing with the blood moon horde every 7 days though. It should be 7 days, not 6 or 5, or 4 or etc. It is the name of the game, for the love of God!

Instead, a separate and optional night horde that shows up every night, but not as big as the 7 day horde would be better.

But setting that aside, this idea can make an interesting game mode that I would like to play from time to time.

I remember the first time I saw a blood moon in alpha whatever-it-was.

Scary, very scary.

I would not really support the OPs idea as it seems very restrictive and I am not sure what benefit there is. If you wanna run around, run around, but if you wanna stay then stay. Self-imposed restrictions are best IMO.

If someone asked you right now, why is 7 Days to Die called 7 Days to Die, the simple answer would be that a horde comes every 7 days.

Who is "you"? If "you" is OzHawkeye or anyone else reading this thread, he would not give the simple answer. If it was the man on the street he would ask back: "What is "7 Days to Die"?" :cocksure:

OK, so for a game that has been doing so much to simplify almost every aspect of the game, the title of the game must be made valid only by a complex conversation of the game's history?

None of this matters anyway... let's just call the game "Die" so that everything makes sense and so that the core idea of some event happening in 7 days can be messed with.

xd2d.jpg.305bee9db4e458595e4f88d134220b52.jpg

OK, so for a game that has been doing so much to simplify almost every aspect of the game, the title of the game must be made valid only by a complex conversation of the game's history?

None of this matters anyway... let's just call the game "Die" so that everything makes sense and so that the core idea of some event happening in 7 days can be messed with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27220[/ATTACH]

Well, I do agree, a new player is almost certainly going to associated the "7 days" with the horde and not the infection.

Still, I'm very happy to hear that TFP will put in a slider for horde frequency. I'm looking forward to a "horde every night" game. :-)

That sounds lame to be honest. I like to rage out early to mid-game and get into the fray with the zombies and some melee weapons. Doing this would make early to mid-game boring. I would literally sit around plinking zombies all night. Not fun.

Couldn't you just plop a claim block down in the middle of a field and have that space be your zombie rage arena?

I agree... the more options, the better. But, the options available should stay within the scope of the game.

It is 7 Days to Die... so something needs to happen at 7 days.

It is a survival game, so the options available should never completely take away the need for survival.

It is a horde game, so the options available should never completely remove hordes.

It is a crafting game, so the options available should never completely remove crafting.

These are the things that literally define this game. This is the game's identity.

There is a system in place to mod and these are the kind of things that should be mod-exclusive... because they leave the scope of the game.

More frequent night hordes? sure. Love the idea... but something worse better be coming on day 7.

I agree... the more options, the better. But, the options available should stay within the scope of the game.

It is 7 Days to Die... so something needs to happen at 7 days.

It is a survival game, so the options available should never completely take away the need for survival.

It is a horde game, so the options available should never completely remove hordes.

It is a crafting game, so the options available should never completely remove crafting.

These are the things that literally define this game. This is the game's identity.

There is a system in place to mod and these are the kind of things that should be mod-exclusive... because they leave the scope of the game.

More frequent night hordes? sure. Love the idea... but something worse better be coming on day 7.

So don't change the sliders?

I mean, really, we're arguing about how other people play. If someone wants to play without the Horde, then more power to 'em. They could, in point of fact, already do that right now, either by turning off zombies completely, or replacing the horde spawner XML to spawn, say, a single rabbit, regardless of game stage.

So, what you're arguing against, is already in the game as it currently stands. Why not, if TFP has chosen to do it, make it easier for those people to make the modification that they obviously seem to want.

It's not already in the game. You have to mod it that way... which is how it should stay.

If you make an option for everything that can be modded, then why have the game moddable?

It can't be arguing how other people play if they don't play it this way. If they do play it this way, it is because they modded it to play it this way... therefore, they can already play it this way and we don't need the option to destroy the identity of this game.

Archived