Loot Economy

caatalyst

Do we know if they are any plans to rework the loot economy in the near future? I'm not sure what others think but it just feels a bit broken at the moment.

It doesn't seem right that no matter what biome or building you go in, you can get the same items everywhere. This doesn't really encourage player's to explore different areas of the map or specific buildings. You can find 3-4 working stiff crates in some of the new houses making them just as viable for tools as a working stiff.

Wouldn't it be more interesting if working stiff stores offered unique items that can't be found in houses? The same applies for other in game items like weapons at military sites or medical supplies in hospitals.

Then there's the biomes, maybe the harder biomes like the wasteland have even more unique loot.

I know what do you mean.. look this two items prices:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27165[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27166[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27167[/ATTACH]

maybe because you need to get the resources to craft the garage double doors, instead find it by looting they cost more that the pistol.

Do we know if they are any plans to rework the loot economy in the near future? I'm not sure what others think but it just feels a bit broken at the moment.

It doesn't seem right that no matter what biome or building you go in, you can get the same items everywhere. This doesn't really encourage player's to explore different areas of the map or specific buildings. You can find 3-4 working stiff crates in some of the new houses making them just as viable for tools as a working stiff.

Wouldn't it be more interesting if working stiff stores offered unique items that can't be found in houses? The same applies for other in game items like weapons at military sites or medical supplies in hospitals.

Then there's the biomes, maybe the harder biomes like the wasteland have even more unique loot.

So what would you find at a tool store that you couldn't also find in a customers house that he bought at said tool store? Idk about you but I know people in RL who DO have a wider selection of tools than your average hardware store.

So what would you find at a tool store that you couldn't also find in a customers house that he bought at said tool store? Idk about you but I know people in RL who DO have a wider selection of tools than your average hardware store.

I wasn't making my suggestions based on making the game more realistic. That said, there are certain tools that might be less common in your average house hold. A nail gun for example.

Wont work the way rwg is now, not every world gets a hardware store or a hospital.

If such a change was implemented they have to make adjustments to make sure everyone gets all the buildings needed.

My last world I had little to no stores at all. Not 1 gun store, not one pill store etc.

What did they say about A17?

Hmmm?!?

It was a total re-write...

So - they made the best of everything they could... And as you should have seen by at least the previous updates that things ARE being tweaked...

"Total rewrite"...LOL! Five years in alpha, six months at least between major updates and you really believe their gonna start over?

Archived