Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Ok seems to work now... but "say" messages don't accept any spaces now

Still getting with rev. 230 (0.113.5586.28926) installed as per instructions.

Ok say now requires the quotes. say "hello world"

Alloc is this intentional or will it be fixed?

Alloc, can you fire off multiple teleports each time? So in affect hovering the player for a second or two, which would give some time to load the floor? I'm going this on my server, where each TP is actually 8 rapid fire TPs for about 2 seconds, and it's resolved the falling through the ground issue.

Soylent how have you set this up for /home?

You took the assembly patcher out now? so you aren't updating that anylonger then.

Seeing as this mod/api isn't actually growing in usefulness its pretty much just being stripped apart to add into the main engine..

is there any actual point in me even bothering updating any of my own custom stuff on it as there is fk all headsup communication on what is changing from patch to patch, its becoming a useless effort maintaining any custom mods built on top of it. Just got the chathook working for a11.2 earlier this week and now there is no assembly patcher in 11.3 and pretty much everything else just took major change in the space of a week.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TFP

I can't seem to download the new version, I keep getting the old one when using the page one link? Where is new version located?

I am new at server management so sorry if I missed something obvious to others.

Tried again and got the correct files, I must have done something wrong the first time

Edited by Quicksilver (see edit history)

Are we supposed to delete the existing subfolders in the Mod Directory before adding the new ones?

Best thing mate is to delete the mods folder and replace with the latest version. I also copied the Assembly-CSharp.dll file into the 7DaysToDie_Data\Manager folder again , was not necessary each time but if your still having issues, nothing to loose. Within your game save area you should also delete the AllocsPeristentData.bin file.

Doing all of the above sorted it for me. Still some bits not working but get rid of the errors and most commands and the map (some bits) are now working

Hope that helps

Cheers

Ok say now requires the quotes. say "hello world"

https://7daystodie.com/alpha-11-3-patch-is-out/

Thanks Chantaz, but I've aready read the patch notes and this doesn't answer my question...

Was the command say intentionally changed to use "quote marks" or will this be fixed?

Edited by Sinz (see edit history)

@Sinz - Intentional.

Still can't get si command to show anything it says the player name and toolbelt / backpack but both show as blank. Have deleted the Allocs persistent bin, removed the mod folder completely and installed latest update (rev.230 xxx28926). Do others have si (list inventory) working?

@Sinz - Intentional.

Still can't get si command to show anything it says the player name and toolbelt / backpack but both show as blank. Have deleted the Allocs persistent bin, removed the mod folder completely and installed latest update (rev.230 xxx28926). Do others have si (list inventory) working?

showinventory is not working for me either

I cant get allocs fixes to work sence 11.3..

Deleted my mods file and replaced it with the new one, and copied the accembly file to managed folder.

Used allocs fix for some months now and havn't any problems before. Have i forgot somehing or...?

Running 7dtd dedicated server, No extra mods than allocs fix.

@Sinz - Intentional.

Thanks wonthisscar.

showinventory is not working for me either

Confirmed SI is not currently working, I am sure Alloc will release a fix for this when he has the time, At least we have his files working on the server now so I am greatfull for that. :p Again Kudos to Alloc for all his hard work.

I been stressing without the SI command because of all the dupe bugs since A11.2... and hackers... I get paranoid every time someone new joins the server :grief:

I've been checking in on suspects by copying and renaming player files but it's soooo slow.

Just asking because I did not get this error until I updated to the newest fixes. I could be wrong and it could be something I did but I loaded a fresh server with nothing but the fixes and still getting the error. Trying to figure out but stumped. This is happening after typing the "shutdown" command in putty.

2015-04-20T13:00:44 68.608 INF Server shutting down!
2015-04-20T13:00:44 68.626 INF Exited thread TelnetClientSend_127.0.0.1:63365
2015-04-20T13:00:44 68.626 INF Telnet connection closed: 127.0.0.1:63365
2015-04-20T13:00:44 68.626 ERR Error in TelnetClientReceive_ 127.0.0.1:63365
2015-04-20T13:00:44 68.627 EXC Read failure
SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as IOException: Read failure
 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at TelnetConnection.md0005 (.ThreadInfo par0001) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
TelnetConnection:md0005(ThreadInfo)
ThreadManager:md0005(Object)
(Filename:  Line: -1)