Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

still not finding the allocs dlls in SM.

You wont find Alloc's dlls in SM unless your SM and server files are on the same PC Then you have to point the SM to your server directory so it can use the files. Like in this image.

1.jpg.6cbc781ed2db38f913288d24431c9af0.jpg

Also make sure the commands work in game, Go in game and type "give" in console then tell us what you see.

You wont find Alloc's dlls in SM unless your SM and server files are on the same PC Then you have to point the SM to your server directory so it can use the files. Like in this image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4615[/ATTACH]

Also make sure the commands work in game, Go in game and type "give" in console then tell us what you see.

Don't like to quote myself but you posted that its not found in the SM and that you can not start the server with the SM, This has to do with the SM you are using and if you do not have it configured correctly it will not work correctly, should have nothing to do with Alloc's files. So make sure you check that the commands are working in game and if they are then Alloc's files are not your problem but how you have the SM configured is.

Don't like to quote myself but you posted that its not found in the SM and that you can not start the server with the SM, This has to do with the SM you are using and if you do not have it configured correctly it will not work correctly, should have nothing to do with Alloc's files. So make sure you check that the commands are working in game and if they are then Alloc's files are not your problem but how you have the SM configured is.

10-4 They are on the same PC and the SM is pointed at the correct server files afaik, however when I run the server with the dlls replaced with allocs dlls whether with the SM or not. I cannot connect to the server. as soon as I put back the original DLLs its fine and works perfectly using the SM or not.

I will take some screenshots if you like maybe it will make more sense of the issues i am having.

Ok just recopied the DLLs to the folder /managed under the dedicated server. I cannot start the server using the SM or the rundedicated.bat neither one work if those DLLs have been replaced. The second I put the DLLs back to original there are no issues.

I am glad no one else is having this problem but also saddened that I am. Maybe with alpha 10 it will sort itself out.

Edited by noc
additives. (see edit history)

10-4 They are on the same PC and the SM is pointed at the correct server files afaik, however when I run the server with the dlls replaced with allocs dlls whether with the SM or not. I cannot connect to the server. as soon as I put back the original DLLs its fine and works perfectly using the SM or not.

I will take some screenshots if you like maybe it will make more sense of the issues i am having.

I had the same issue when I was running the 32bit version of the server. Has anyone checked your log files to see if your running the 64bit?

I had the same issue when I was running the 32bit version of the server. Has anyone checked your log files to see if your running the 64bit?

Ooooh now that is a good question... it is installed in the program files x86 dir... but I will look through the logs. I didnt see an option for a 64 or 32 version in steam or steamCMD but it may be 32bit. I will look thru the log now.

Ok it is definitely the 64bit version as far as i can tell. Still same issue. I am stumped as to what can be causing this. Fresh Install newest DLLs only server and admin xml files and world copied over from last install... nothing else changed.

Edited by noc (see edit history)

Ooooh now that is a good question... it is installed in the program files x86 dir... but I will look through the logs. I didnt see an option for a 64 or 32 version in steam or steamCMD but it may be 32bit. I will look thru the log now.

Ok it is definitely the 64bit version as far as i can tell. Still same issue. I am stumped as to what can be causing this. Fresh Install newest DLLs only server and admin xml files and world copied over from last install... nothing else changed.

Post your output_log.txt located in your 7DaysToDie_Data folder, Please take note your passwords are in this file so locate and take your passwords out first.

Hm, shouldn't matter if it's 32 or 64 bit. Also all Linux users run the 32 bit without any common problems.

Alloc, this is the best tool, ever. Thank you for making this.

I have a request...is it possible for the server to detect when a player has a stack of items that's over the limit? I'd love an "autoban" feature that detects a 32K stack and warns or bans them. Or... can you delete items from their inventory?

Delete items: Not possible, inventory is client side.

Auto ban: Possible, but I don't like the idea of going that far on an automatic base.

Warn: Yeah, I think that should be ok, think I'll write an entry to the log whenever something like that is detected. Though it would probably print such warning every 30s to the log until the player logs out (one way or the other ;D ).

Just added it as a log message.

Also just changed give/listitems so that you should be able to use it for about everything :)

Player with ID 171 has stack for "stick" greater than allowed (2000 > 250)

So does this mean if they have over 250 bullets that it will spam on the server?

Isn't the max count on 9mm 500?

This could generate a kind of "false positives", since it is possible to create stacks greater than the allowed limit with the help of a camp fire. I'm doing this f.e. with drinks, empty jars, building materials to save space in my containers.

But this is a kind of bug using. ;)

Hm, knew a few people would be against this ;)

Well, as it only logs that you can still decide yourself if you want to take any action on such event. Anyway, will probably add some way tp configure it. (Got to release a hotfix anyway with "unban" actually enabled :D )

Hm, knew a few people would be against this ;)

Well, as it only logs that you can still decide yourself if you want to take any action on such event. Anyway, will probably add some way tp configure it. (Got to release a hotfix anyway with "unban" actually enabled :D )

You say it logs it, Where do you see it exactly? console? which log file? Just wondering because I put a 5000 stack of first aid on me and have noticed nothing.

When a player has a stack in his inventory which exceeds the official stack size limit for that item:

Player with ID 171 has stack for "stick" greater than allowed (2000 > 250)

arfff.. already did my own inventory checker with myself as an exception :) how dafuk am I going to not see this spam now with 10k bullets and 30k tnt stack etc :D.. now you need to add a perm to ignore certain listed players.

Yea the only people that would have any problem with this are the Admins that like to ban players for cheating but cheat themselves, Go figure. I for one love this just need to figure out which log it gets placed in so I can make a php script to call on the log and ban the players cheating.

ok retested and I was getting this.

2985.943 Player with ID 1136 has stack for "762mmBullet" greater than allowed (5615 > 500)
2985.943 Player with ID 1136 has stack for "9mmBullet" greater than allowed (4295 > 500)
2985.944 Player with ID 1136 has stack for "firstAidKit" greater than allowed (6450 > 5)

Is there a way that you can have the DLL's read this line and then also send a pm using the pm command to the player every time it reads it stating that if they do not remove the items in X amount of seconds that they will be ban from the server? Do it in PM so no other player will see it. "console - pm <steam64id> You have been caught cheating with X amount of Y in your inventory, Remove these items now or be ban from this server."

Then every time it ticks on the logs it also does a count down so

tick 1 = 1 min - Send ban warning

tick 2 = 45 sec - Send ban warning

tick 3 = 30 sec - Send ban warning

tick 4 = 15 sec - Send ban warning

tick 5 = 0 sec - Send LAST ban warning

tick 6 = auto ban cheating player

Of course change time here based on time set to check players inventory.

I know that the player can just drop the items on the ground and pick them up again restarting the ticks however it will get on a cheaters nerves to do this and they will just leave the server. Could also do a count so even if the player disconnects or drops them it saves the information and counts based on how many times the player has had the items instead of how long this way if they cheat notice they can be ban leave server and come back a week later and tries again it can pick up where it left off.

I for one would love this added as a feature and I am sure any true Admin running a legit server would love it as well.

Edited by Lordicon (see edit history)