Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

@Lordicon - Thats a Feature Request for a Server-Manager and not for such a Server-Plugin.

I want to control such things in a central application.

I understand its for a Server Manager however there are no good server managers out that check this at all. It also seems to be the number one thing a hacker gets caught with so might as well have it as a plugin, No one wants anyone with stacked items on a server so why have a Server Manager that can enable or disable the stack items when you can do it with a plugin and be done with the cheaters all together?

I understand its for a Server Manager however there are no good server managers out that check this at all. It also seems to be the number one thing a hacker gets caught with so might as well have it as a plugin, No one wants anyone with stacked items on a server so why have a Server Manager that can enable or disable the stack items when you can do it with a plugin and be done with the cheaters all together?

Because there are people who do not know that this is a bug or accidentally use the whole thing with an evil intention.

A new Server Manager is currently programmed by Mike06 and a few other people. Currently I have sent a few ideas and wishes for the New 7DTD Server Monitor to Mike06.

Edited by Markezzz (see edit history)

Because there are people who do not know that this is a bug or accidentally use the whole thing with an evil intention.

So your saying that people that log in to a server with a stack size of 2500 have no idea that they just cheated? Also that people with this high stack count don't realize its a bug at all when you can tell the normal stack size by lifting one stack out of the whole pile?

Please name one way a person could accidentally use the thing as at evil intention when there would be a warning PMed to the player with the high stack count so they know to get rid of it in advance?

EDIT: Not trying to argue with you just trying to get a better understanding of why this would be a bad thing.

Alloc's server fixes checking inventory not only when trying to connect to the server, but also in the course of the game and thus is not only the alleged cheaters affected but also all the other players.

Or have I misunderstood something what the audit of inventory and stacks regards Alloc?

Alloc's server fixes checking inventory not only when trying to connect to the server, but also in the course of the game and thus is not only the alleged cheaters affected but also all the other players.

Or have I misunderstood something what the audit of inventory and stacks regards Alloc?

I always thought the server fixes have been checking every single players inventory this whole time anyway for the past month already so the new map plugin worked showing the players inventory on the map. So if it has already been doing it this whole time then why not?

Yea the only people that would have any problem with this are the Admins that like to ban players for cheating but cheat themselves, Go figure

An idiot statement like that could only possibly be made by a hypocrite admin, making such statements as if to encompass every admin is really stupid, it is also there server therefore there rules, Go figure that. And as you asked for my php script on this last week, you should know that any player on my server duping items doesn't get banned they just get called out in public chat when they join the server and everytime the script runs that they have x item in x quantity so everyone knows.

This games current state leaves very little choice for admins to use there server the way they want to, suffice to say if the dupe wasn't just fixed in the first place, this wouldn't be a problem, but its not, and so I will use it as it is really is the only way to have unlimited items without exposing creative to everyone on the server or the hassle of taking out items all the time etc. Until that is fixed this way of cheating will be used as it allows me to use a large stack of blocks without all the inconveniences of not doing so.

Option to have this inventory cheat check disabled would be better option.

An idiot statement like that could only possibly be made by a hypocrite admin, making such statements as if to encompass every admin is really stupid, it is also there server therefore there rules, Go figure that. And as you asked for my php script on this last week, you should know that any player on my server duping items doesn't get banned they just get called out in public chat when they join the server and everytime the script runs that they have x item in x quantity so everyone knows.

This games current state leaves very little choice for admins to use there server the way they want to, suffice to say if the dupe wasn't just fixed in the first place, this wouldn't be a problem, but its not, and so I will use it as it is really is the only way to have unlimited items without exposing creative to everyone on the server or the hassle of taking out items all the time etc. Until that is fixed this way of cheating will be used as it allows me to use a large stack of blocks without all the inconveniences of not doing so.

Option to have this inventory cheat check disabled would be better option.

I never stated to have the msg sent global for everyone too see it, I stated that it get PM'ed using the PM command to the player. Also maybe I am wrong by saying that Admins that want to have high stack counts are the only ones that will say no and I will admit when I am wrong in saying something like this. HOWEVER, A easy fix for any Admins on the server would be that if your permission level = 0 then this would not effect you and if your permission level = anything else it does. Never in my days as being an Admin in any game have I ever done anything to a player in Public chat so no way I would want that.

BTW When I asked for your php script it had nothing to do with the script itself it all had to do with checking your function on connecting to the server so that I could add it to my own script for something completely different. I never really used yours just the function within. Thanks for that btw it helped a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats correct, but not for stacks of items. This is the new Feature of the currently build.

I really dont want a autoban function. A auto-pm function to all admins on the server is more than enough.

Even an auto PM to admins online would be great because then actions can be taken by the Admins themselves and not rely on a piece of code. Not all the admins have access or can see the logs and not every admin has the time too check every player. So not a bad idea. Matter of fact I will be glad to say this would be better then the auto ban because at least there would be a warning sent to the Admins to take action.

Just added it as a log message.

Also just changed give/listitems so that you should be able to use it for about everything :)

Awesome, thanks! Do you plan on adding a way to turn on notifications? For example, change the color of the user marker in the webserver map? Or have an automatic, customized chat message appear?

The autoban thing is tricky, I know... as players will sometimes find these stacks in bags/chests. However, a server owner may decide that nobody is allowed to have these "hacky stacks", whether you made them or not.

I think a warning in chat would be sufficient (with an option to either send it globally, or a PM), and changing the color/notification on the webserver so an admin can see it if they aren't currently online.

The thing for me is that when this happens, it's usually very late night/early morning for me and I am never online. I'd like to be able to have some automated method to catch cheaters, and this tool would be the first one that can do it.

Is it possible to send the logs in a syslog format somehow? There's a million syslog readers out there, and you could mark certain messages with levels like debug/info/warning/critical, etc..

Edited by Soylent (see edit history)

Sure, in the end that's one of the things to get to. I thought of something like a notifications area on the webpage events like those could be shown. In game the only useful thing would probably be to PM admins/mods as suggested above which I think is a quite good idea :)

/EDIT: Just saw your edit... An additional log would be possible if I created a completely new log abstraction layer on top of Unity's ... But that's nothing I'm gonna do, sorry ;)

Edited by Alloc (see edit history)

Sure, in the end that's one of the things to get to. I thought of something like a notifications area on the webpage events like those could be shown. In game the only useful thing would probably be to PM admins/mods as suggested above which I think is a quite good idea :)

Great Alloc! :applouse:

You also noticed my last request with the suicide command for players on the server? :o)

Great Alloc! :applouse:

You also noticed my last request with the suicide command for players on the server? :o)

This would be a good idea to have a suicide feature, However it needs to be set on some sort of timer, Don't need players spamming the command every 2 seconds. Maybe 1 suicide per hour or something of that nature. If a player has to use suicide once it is understandable however if they use it more then 1 time every hour or so then they are doing something they should not do anyway.

I do not know if it is just me or what but after installing the stack items rev I am getting this in my console.

An error occured that wasn't supposed to.  Contact support.
An invalid object handle was used.
An invalid parameter was passed to this function.

The webserver is the best part about this thing. I think that's going to end up being the primary management system for dedi servers.

Some more crazy ideas I've thought of as I play with this tool:

-Mass teleport players (for an arena battle!)

-Specify a coordinate on the map, and when a player stands on that location, it will teleport them somewhere to another coordinate :D

Also:

-Replace Telnet with (or add) SSH server for security

-Triggered email notifications (like if certain words appear in the log)

What do you think?

I do not know if it is just me or what but after installing the stack items rev I am getting this in my console.

Nothing from my side ... is there more context around those lines? Is it giving you any trouble or just those nasty messages?

-Mass teleport players (for an arena battle!)

Basically seems to be a high level feature that can be added on top of it later on.

-Specify a coordinate on the map, and when a player stands on that location, it will teleport them somewhere to another coordinate :D

Teleports, sounds like a good idea. Later on, when the core is stable and configuration is added ;)

-Replace Telnet with (or add) SSH server for security

Actually thought about this almost at the beginning of developing this mod. Unfortunately the only .NET implementation I could find is "SSHBlackbox" from Eldos. If you want to buy me a license (466 € + VAT) we can talk about it ;)

-Triggered email notifications (like if certain words appear in the log)

Same as teleport: Relies on configuration and more functionality. Planned for a later stage ;)

Nothing from my side ... is there more context around those lines? Is it giving you any trouble or just those nasty messages?

I am not seeing anything seems legit to me but I could be wrong, All I know is it spammed the logs a bit, Never happen until today that I have noticed.

This is all I am seeing around the lines giving the message.

-13482.630 Telnet executed "lpe" from: 216.52.143.128:50278

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

(Filename:  Line: 309)

(Filename:  Line: 311)

(Filename:  Line: 275)

(Filename:  Line: 281)

(Filename:  Line: 308)

Also getting spammed with this

-10278.890 InstantiateEntities: ignoring 521982 as it is already added.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

-10278.890 InstantiateEntities: ignoring 521986 as it is already added.

-10278.890 InstantiateEntities: ignoring 521987 as it is already added.

-10278.890 InstantiateEntities: ignoring 521990 as it is already added.

-10278.890 InstantiateEntities: ignoring 521992 as it is already added.

-10278.890 InstantiateEntities: ignoring 522012 as it is already added.

erm, are those really negative uptimes in the beginning of the lines there? Have never seen that either. Could you try restarting the server and see if it still happens? If it does try without the mod and/or with a new save game (just for testing).

erm, are those really negative uptimes in the beginning of the lines there? Have never seen that either. Could you try restarting the server and see if it still happens? If it does try without the mod and/or with a new save game (just for testing).

This is on a live server and auto restart is set to go in about 10 mins so ill just wait for that restart. In order to do with a new save I would have to load a test server up. Can do that after the restart test.

Also I have always had negative uptimes and I have no idea why <---- I may be wrong about always having them but I have noticed them in the past, normally when zombies and stuff bugs out on the server and stop moving all together.

Edited by Lordicon (see edit history)

After server restart does not seem to be happening now but I am only 5 minutes in so still watching.

Also checked the logs and this is where the negative starts to happen, Everything is good and then a big jump back or something.

12960.030 Telnet executed "lpe" from: 216.52.143.128:50278

12960.180 Telnet executed "gt" from: 216.52.143.128:50278

-16551.740 Telnet executed "lpe" from: 216.52.143.128:50278

-16549.610 Telnet executed "gt" from: 216.52.143.128:50278

Anyone have an idea of what's causing this error? I have had Alloc's fixes working successfully for a long time now, and everything was working fine up until this point. The server crashed this afternoon, since then it is in a stalled state where people get stuck in the loading screen (even though the control panel shows it as being up).

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,ChunkAreaBiomeSpawnData+scl0000].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at ChunkAreaBiomeSpawnData.SetRespawnLocked (System.String _entityGroupName, UInt64 _currentWorldTime, .WorldBiomes _worldBiomes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at SpawnManagerBiomes.md0001 (.cl0002 par0001, EnumRemoveEntityReason par0002) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at World.md005f (.cl0002 par0001, EnumRemoveEntityReason par0002) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at World.md005b (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I am not using any other mods at the moment. The error seems to have cropped up spontaneously. It's almost as though a DLL got corrupted or something? Native commands such as 'lp' work, but any of Alloc's commands just give a message like they worked but nothing happens.

Hello, I installed Server Fixes rev 199 to my dedicated server (using Mod Manager @ Pingperfect hosting). When I start the server, there is the following error message in server log:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EasyAntiCheat.Server.ServerConfiguration..ctor'.

The message is there regardless if anti-cheat is enabled or disabled on server side. And no user can join the server now - client stops with a message Waiting for server... and server log says as the last 3 lines

168.366 Allowing player with id 1

175.010 RequestToEnterGame: 1/Prometheus

175.034 GMSG: Prometheus joined the game

and nothing is happening after that. Any advice?

Does anyone know of any application that can watch for certain text in a telnet session, and then send a command? For example, when the log shows a player inventory item over the allowed stack, it send a command into the game (like "say")?

I know that FrontRunnerTek does this with slash commands, but I'm looking for something universal

After server restart does not seem to be happening now but I am only 5 minutes in so still watching.

Also checked the logs and this is where the negative starts to happen, Everything is good and then a big jump back or something.

12960.030 Telnet executed "lpe" from: 216.52.143.128:50278
12960.180 Telnet executed "gt" from: 216.52.143.128:50278
-16551.740 Telnet executed "lpe" from: 216.52.143.128:50278
-16549.610 Telnet executed "gt" from: 216.52.143.128:50278

Just looked at the involved code (it's even part of the .NET framework) ... it should be able to handle a way longer interval (more like in terms of years ;) ). Also there should be no way to get it in the negative area. So in the end I simply can't tell you what's going on there :(

Hello, I installed Server Fixes rev 199 to my dedicated server (using Mod Manager @ Pingperfect hosting). When I start the server, there is the following error message in server log:

There have been two reports of exactly the same thing before. One of them solved it by revalidating the games files through Steam, can't find the other one anymore ;)

If you have access to the files I would recommend deleting the 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed folder and have Steam revalidate the files. No access to the files: Revalidate only. If even that isn't possible have Pingperfect do it ;)