Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Alloc,

Requesting a change in the "tele" command.

I am hoping this can be done and I don't see what it can not be done, however can you make another parameter for the command so you can do these things.

Not only have the normal one like this but,

Tele <playerid> <cords>

Also have this one, as well an being able to reverse it.

tele <playerid> <playerid>

So in other words have the command check the playerid for the cords and tele to other player based on that players cords. Saves from having to type the cords in and look them up. But keep the other one in as well in case you need to teleport to somewhere no other player is at, just allow two different ways of doing it.

Hey Alloc, i installed the new build 191 and now my server needs 20% more cpu. :/ I also cant open the map now. Any ideas or sugestions? :D

EDIT: Crashlogs for you - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66757750/mym/7DtD/crashlogs/2014-09-13_163136_output_log.txt and https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66757750/mym/7DtD/crashlogs/2014-09-13_163406_output_log.txt

Edited by Markezzz (see edit history)

Hey Alloc, i installed the new build 191 and now my server needs 20% more cpu. :/ I also cant open the map now. Any ideas or sugestions? :D

EDIT: Crashlogs for you - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66757750/mym/7DtD/crashlogs/2014-09-13_163136_output_log.txt and https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66757750/mym/7DtD/crashlogs/2014-09-13_163406_output_log.txt

Hey, stop that, those updates are meant to improve stability and performance, not make it worse ... ;)

What do you mean by "can't open the map"? Webmap? The logs don't say anything about my stuff so I wonder if it's really related to the mod.

Hey, stop that, those updates are meant to improve stability and performance, not make it worse ... ;)

What do you mean by "can't open the map"? Webmap? The logs don't say anything about my stuff so I wonder if it's really related to the mod.

Yes, i mean the Webmap. :) I rerolled to build 189 and all works fine again. So i dont know if its the server or the update of the build. :/

Yes, i mean the Webmap. :) I rerolled to build 189 and all works fine again. So i dont know if its the server or the update of the build. :/

Hm, just checked again: there's really no change between those revs that should have any (and even less a negative) impact on the performance. Also nothing changed at all regarding the web part. Maybe just some coincidence with the rest of the engine?

I am running Rev. 190 and having no problems at all.

Yaaaay :)

Hey there, So with all the improvements this mod adds I've been feeling that its pretty self contained, eg everything a server needs to run

Our server pretty much only uses a server manager currently for a couple of features but we use them 24/7 namely a ping kick feature as alot of the hackers we had were connecting from Asian countries (I'm not saying all Asians are hackers) but 90% of the hackers we used to have were Asian in origin, 9.2/9.3 seems to have filters most of the hackers (not all) out of the eco system so not 100% sure if ping kick is even needed anymore just paranoid at the moment :p

Anyways the other is server messages having in game messages rolling messages etc informing people of information, If there was say a text file / xml file the server could read and display at give intervals

One reason I bring all of this up is with the web interface do we really need the server manager programs running and throwing in alot of extra requests to the game eg spamming "LPE" and other commands to display the information, if the server had these few features inbuilt msgs and maybe ping block(if its still needed) then all you would really need is to access the webmap and maybe telnet,

I know there are other features like the custom commands like /gimme people like and the attempt of reserve slots (barely works), But honestly the work Alloc has put in is amazing and makes the game feel able to really cope without an external program to manage it or at least not needed to be running 24/7

How do you guys feel about it?

Also any thoughts on how to thank Alloc for his amazing work :p

P.s my comments are purely about server mangers accessing remote servers not ones running on the same machine

Edited by talondiablos (see edit history)

Hey there, So with all the improvements this mod adds I've been feeling that its pretty self contained, eg everything a server needs to run

Our server pretty much only uses a server manager currently for a couple of features but we use them 24/7 namely a ping kick feature as alot of the hackers we had were connecting from Asian countries (I'm not saying all Asians are hackers) but 90% of the hackers we used to have were Asian in origin, 9.2/9.3 seems to have filters most of the hackers (not all) out of the eco system so not 100% sure if ping kick is even needed anymore just paranoid at the moment :p

Anyways the other is server messages having in game messages rolling messages etc informing people of information, If there was say a text file / xml file the server could read and display at give intervals

One reason I bring all of this up is with the web interface do we really need the server manager programs running and throwing in alot of extra requests to the game eg spamming "LPE" and other commands to display the information, if the server had these few features inbuilt msgs and maybe ping block(if its still needed) then all you would really need is to access the webmap and maybe telnet,

I know there are other features like the custom commands like /gimme people like and the attempt of reserve slots (barely works), But honestly the work Alloc has put in is amazing and makes the game feel able to really cope without an external program to manage it or at least not needed to be running 24/7

How do you guys feel about it?

Also any thoughts on how to thank Alloc for his amazing work :p

P.s my comments are purely about server mangers accessing remote servers not ones running on the same machine

When FRT Server manager was running smooth and updated everything worked great, However as we all know the stable version is 3.4.4.0 and still a lot of features do not work great, The ability to send "say" to the server with FRT is still working and I use that along with the voting for server and /gimme.

Anyway as I was reading your post I was sitting here thinking about it, besides these other features we really do not need the FRT and as long as Alloc is always updating his fixes everything will work great.

Now a interesting thing to look at is you mention about spamming the lpe etc in the console or to the manager, No matter how you look at it the command right now has to be sent to the console to retrieve the information back for display.

But in my opinion I think it would be a great idea to send this information to a xml file so it can be displayed web based if people would like to setup their own web site interface would be good if there was some sort of API to it so it can be displayed as json, xml or html kind of like the voting sites API for placing votes for a server at 7daystodie-servers.com.

I for one would use this information in many ways on my site...

I am assuming that this is the correct thread for my following question, since its entirely fixes related^^.

I have compiled the latest fixes dll (and added 2 commands). After replacing the servers dll and starting my server instance, I got the following exceptions:

2014.09.14 16:05:34: Exception in MapRenderBlockBuffer.saveTextureToFile(): System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path /home/sdtd/instances/INSTANCE_NAME/Random Gen/GAME_NAME/map/1/-1/0.png

2014.09.14 16:05:34: at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2014.09.14 16:05:34: at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2014.09.14 16:05:34: at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)

2014.09.14 16:05:34: at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2014.09.14 16:05:34: at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2014.09.14 16:05:34: at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes (System.String path, System.Byte[] bytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2014.09.14 16:05:34: at AllocsFixes.MapRendering.MapRenderBlockBuffer.saveTextureToFile (System.String _fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Needless to say I did not change anything regarding map rendering, I simply added 2 commands :D. Is this a random error which can simply occur? Or is it maybe occurring because I am actively reading files out of the maps directory (I have deployed the "leaflet" solution to display the current map on a site)?

I am assuming that this is the correct thread for my following question, since its entirely fixes related^^.

I have compiled the latest fixes dll (and added 2 commands). After replacing the servers dll and starting my server instance, I got the following exceptions:

Needless to say I did not change anything regarding map rendering, I simply added 2 commands :D. Is this a random error which can simply occur? Or is it maybe occurring because I am actively reading files out of the maps directory (I have deployed the "leaflet" solution to display the current map on a site)?

You added 2 commands to the already give fixes files? What commands did you add and what are their purpose if you do not mind me asking?

I dont belive that this is relevant, since the exceptions were caused without calling the commands, so the problem is probably not even related to them.

But in any case: one command lists all possible items for the "give" command (this was more a little test than anything else), the other one checks the item stack-sizes of all (all|online|nonbanned)-players and returns a list of players which have suspocious stack-sizes of items. Which I have already found handy in finding cheaters^^.

I dont belive that this is relevant, since the exceptions were caused without calling the commands, so the problem is probably not even related to them.

But in any case: one command lists all possible items for the "give" command (this was more a little test than anything else), the other one checks the item stack-sizes of all (all|online|nonbanned)-players and returns a list of players which have suspocious stack-sizes of items. Which I have already found handy in finding cheaters^^.

Does the find stack sizes work? If so I would love to see Alloc add this to his fixes it would make it so much easier then search each player one at a time.

Does the find stack sizes work? If so I would love to see Alloc add this to his fixes it would make it so much easier then search each player one at a time.

Yes it does, as I said it already helped me identify a few ppl :D Though I kept it very simple and just check if the stack size is above a specified count (since weird stack sizes are possible due to bugs in the game).

But I had to switch the dll back out due to the exception above and since I am unsure if the exception is caused by the sources not being 100% actual or by the fact that the map-files are being read by another process.

Is this a random error which can simply occur? Or is it maybe occurring because I am actively reading files out of the maps directory (I have deployed the "leaflet" solution to display the current map on a site)?

Yeah, especially if you access the files from another process that is bound to happen. I will be adding a way to prevent this from happening for the integrated webserver but there's almost no way to prevent that if you access from another application. (Right now it also happens with original files)

Also this does not really hurt anything, the worst thing that could happen is that the tiles aren't updated correctly at that moment ;)

On the map I am seeing two land claims showing up in red instead of the normal green, What exactly does that mean?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4550[/ATTACH]

Green = active, red = inactive (i.e. not protecting the area any more)

/EDIT: Too slow ... ;)

Would it be possible to have a password for the webserver other than the control panel password, or have the ability for the admin account to create additional accounts that can login to the webserver with their own passwords?

That's planned ;)

(Probably even with some kind of permission control for different parts of the interface)

Hm, just checked again: there's really no change between those revs that should have any (and even less a negative) impact on the performance. Also nothing changed at all regarding the web part. Maybe just some coincidence with the rest of the engine?

I synced the files again, after I got a new Error today. I also deleted the mapfiles and have regenerated the files. Now the Server seems to run smooth with the new build.

I cannot get the map to show on a webpage. Alloc's Server Fixes and webserver last versions are in place - I use them with FRTs Server Manager 3.4.5.0. "Started webserver on 29452" is listed in the Web panel and the output_log.txt too. But when I try to connect via Waterfox to "MyServersIP:29452 I can't...I get a connection timeout. What I'm doing wrong? Map files are also in place, made a rendermap yesterday and the map folder is in the saves folder.